Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Feb 2018 at 2:49 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default "Sims 3 has stopped working" + crash after a few minutes of gameplay, xcpt says ACCESS_VIOLATION
Heya! I've been playing ts3 for a while now and while I've had my fair share of glitches, I've never been this stuck before. I tried to follow the guides online to the best of my ability, but I'm autistic, so I have a hard time understanding some of the instructions for fixes online and I'm at the point where I'm kinda desperate.

The problem:
As the title says, a few minutes in Live Mode, I'll get a message saying "The Sims 3 has stopped working" and my game will crash. I say Live Mode because despite this, I was still somehow able to make a full sim (a process which can take me up to an hour) without a crash, and then get maybe 5-10 min in before the crash. my xcpt files are inconsistent in address location, but almost all of them contain "ACCESS_VIOLATION". I've tried renaming my Sims 3 file and starting fresh (so no CC or mods), but it didn't help.

I'm fairly certain the culprit was installing four new expansions (Late Night, Seasons, Ambitions, and Pets) all at once, as the game worked fine before then. It doesn't help that I realized I'd forgotten to take out my mods and CC before the expansions had started installing, though I did run a clean game right after they finished (renaming the TS3 folder and all that).

Other noticeable weird things that have only started happening since this:
- after clicking the "play" button on the launcher, the game starts... minimized. upon opening it, the Maxis logo intro thing is skippy and weird.
- I couldn't take screenshots while in fullscreen mode; the screenshot would be completely black. I dismissed it as ts3 being weirdly buggy as it always is but now that I think back that's never happened before
- The window itself in windowed mode looks like a windows 7 window in style/aesthetic, and the graphics go to complete shit

Spoiler for stuff that probably isn't relevant but I feel like I should at least mention:

Things I've tried:
- removing mods/cc that I don't use &/or may be causing extra strain on my computer
- starting fresh by renaming the TS3 folder
- removing all mods/cc (via the renaming the ts3 folder thing)
- closing all background applications
- windowed mode
- I use nraas errortrap and overwatch anyways
- clearing all caches

Things I haven't tried:
- CCleaner: I really don't want to download anything new if possible
- Late Night/1.17 Crash Fix: I don't understand the instructions at all, specifically the "rename The Sims 3 folders or at least move the Library folder out of there" part
- Checking drivers: to be totally honest I'm scared I'm gonna screw it up really badly,, i have no idea what im doing
- Installing a mod to only run certain expansions at once: i'm worried about what it would do to skills, clothes, furniture, LTRs/LTWs, etc. even if I wasn't playing on that save
- DEP: I can't figure out how to do it on windows 8 with the games installed via Steam
- Uninstall/reinstall: It takes so long... ((and also i have no idea how to do it with the games installed through steam))

Game info:
Installed expansions: WA, Ambitions*, LN*, Generations, Pets*, SN, Seasons*, UL, IP, ITF (basically, everything except showtime)
All are installed through Steam, ones with an asterisk are new
Version: 1.67.2.024037

Specs:

Sorry if this is troublesome at all!!