Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Dec 2017 at 6:55 AM
Default What's Next? Birbs?
I do hope they make a birdie-related expansion with lots of parrots, keets, cockatiels and toos, and of course and Alexa-type device that can make for loads of mayhem when placed in the same room with a parrot. If EAxis made this type of expansion, would you buy it? If my computer supported it, I certainly would - especially for the cockatiels. And maybe if they were to include game birds like pheasants, turkeys, grouse, and quail, and even allowed the sims to learn their calls... like the *CHICAGO* call of the California and Gambles quail.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 17th Dec 2017 at 7:13 AM
Yeah I'd love a stuff pack with small pets and more pet furniture. Cat and dog beds that don't suck. (I love the C&D pack but the beds are so ...ugly). Also... dog houses!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Dec 2017 at 7:56 AM
I see! Also, they could stand to make a stuff pack with keychain pets that the kids and adults can play with - heck, how about different Sims eras which would have the classic sims we all love?
Mad Poster
#4 Old 17th Dec 2017 at 6:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JDacapo
I do hope they make a birdie-related expansion with lots of parrots, keets, cockatiels and toos, and of course and Alexa-type device that can make for loads of mayhem when placed in the same room with a parrot. If EAxis made this type of expansion, would you buy it? If my computer supported it, I certainly would - especially for the cockatiels. And maybe if they were to include game birds like pheasants, turkeys, grouse, and quail, and even allowed the sims to learn their calls... like the *CHICAGO* call of the California and Gambles quail.

A stuff pack maybe. But an entire expansion devoted to birds? I think that would be my cue to abandon TS4 completely XD

I do wish they had included minor pets in the C&D expansion though. If my Sims were able to get rodents, birds, reptiles, etc; like they could before, I would have gladly bought that pack.

The Receptacle still lives!
Mad Poster
#5 Old 17th Dec 2017 at 6:32 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 17th Dec 2017 at 7:10 PM.
For a price their charging, no. An expansion pack? Don't see why would it be an expansion pack, If there's gonna be objects that loop through the animations of popping, goofing around and eating like Tamagotchi. Especally, at the rate when it takes YEARS to wait an expansion pack, should get massive sighs and bloodyscreams "but we/players beg for X since the beginning of the base game launch".
Mad Poster
#6 Old 17th Dec 2017 at 8:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JDacapo
and of course and Alexa-type device that can make for loads of mayhem when placed in the same room with a parrot.

Yes, of course, it wouldn't be The Sims 4 without unnecessary talking objects and constant, obnoxious mayhem. Maybe they should make it so that if you place it in the same room as a Future Cube, the two get stuck in a feedback loop and the entire neighborhood explodes, killing everyone and everything in it instantly. I like the way you're thinking here.

Seriously though, it's about time our Sims got smart homes. I need more things to waste Simoleons on, and home automation is a damn fine money pit.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 18th Dec 2017 at 1:50 AM
A feedback loop that blows up the neighbourhood? Nah... just making surprise purchases and shopping list additions. But yeah... we need birbs. Especially cockatiels - they're cute!
Mad Poster
#8 Old 18th Dec 2017 at 4:44 AM
We had a bird pack. It was Backyard stuff.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Mad Poster
Original Poster
Mad Poster
#10 Old 18th Dec 2017 at 2:38 PM
Nawt cage birds (because those would be too cruel for the animals, like with that diabolical no-doghouse conspiracy that went through), but there are birds. I also hate to be that guy, but your typo in the title is kinda insulting to the species of Aves.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 18th Dec 2017 at 4:17 PM
Would ONLY buy if they also included a bird and fish veterinarian profession, and accompanying illnesses for both birds and fish! Maybe some training gear, god knows who it’s for (potentially decorative). Stray... birds? Could they pull that off? Hopefully if they do they’re wearing clothes. I’ve always wanted to dress up my pet bird and watch it do bird things! Same for fish!

In all seriousness, I wouldn’t buy a bird pack. I wouldn’t buy another animal pack in general after playing Cats and Dogs.
Scholar
#12 Old 18th Dec 2017 at 8:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by drake_mccarty
Would ONLY buy if they also included a bird and fish veterinarian profession, and accompanying illnesses for both birds and fish! Maybe some training gear, god knows who it’s for (potentially decorative). Stray... birds? Could they pull that off? Hopefully if they do they’re wearing clothes. I’ve always wanted to dress up my pet bird and watch it do bird things! Same for fish!

In all seriousness, I wouldn’t buy a bird pack. I wouldn’t buy another animal pack in general after playing Cats and Dogs.

Stray birds are kind of the default state of nature apparently

If they add fish vetenarians, I would like to see fish mongers too. And then put them next to each other and throw fish at them. Then you can place bets on who wins.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
Mad Poster
#14 Old 18th Dec 2017 at 10:02 PM
@mithrak_nl they could even deeper like the gameplay of The Sims 2 'Apartment Pets' on Nintendo DS spin-off, but EA will not.

@JDacapo Ah, it's a slang.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#15 Old 19th Dec 2017 at 5:14 AM
Yup. Also, I love cockatiels. Wish TS2 would have had finger birdies like those - rather than just the big arm-birdies.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 29th Dec 2017 at 2:26 PM
I was disappointed when they revealed it was just cats and dogs... kind of like how they released just vampires instead of supernatural. I think they might add each small pet; ex: reptiles, rodents, birds, etc, in seperate game packs.

ooh ee ooh a-ah ting-tang walla walla bing bang
Mad Poster
#17 Old 1st Jan 2018 at 7:07 AM
Small pets would draw my attention.

Actually, devotion to various types of pets and supernatural types seemed to have gone a bit too far.

Either way, I already invested in this series since the day I turned 13. I've come this far. Besides, I now can play with a family.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 6th Jan 2018 at 8:56 PM
Well, actually, in Cats and Dogs your sim can chase or scare away a flock of birds. You can't really interact with them that much other than that.

ooh ee ooh a-ah ting-tang walla walla bing bang