Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 3:52 AM
Default Can't use my mods?
Hi, I'm new to Mod The Sims, seeing as I haven't posted before, I thought a 'hello' would be polite before I get into my problem.

Anyway, earlier today, my game stopped loading (on both Origin and my desktop it would only load to the title screen). I followed the advice on one forum and moved my Sims 4 folder from the Electric Arts folder to my desktop, and while it did load the game, none of my CC shows up in CAS or on the main page. I have enabled mods, however, that doesn't seem to help at all. I haven't even touched my mods folder since the game stopped working (It's still in my Sims 4 folder, everything is unzipped), but I think maybe one of my mods may have disrupted the game. The only problem with that is I have around 400+ mods, and singling out one mod in particular will be difficult. My easiest resolution is just to delete every new mod, but I am hoping I can just delete a few and that will be enough to solve my problem.

Thank you so much for reading, hopefully this can be resolved quickly.
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 4:32 AM
I found that the only solution was to get rid of all my mods, because I didn't know which ones counteracted each other.
dodgy builder
#3 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 12:31 PM
There is mods and there is mods. I wouldn't consider cloths and furniture mods, they are CC. I don't think you have 400+ gamechanging mods, so that might make it easier.

Take out your gamechanging mods and see if the game start. If it does, you can reintroduce them by the 50/50 methods. Reinstall 50%, if it works, introduce 50% of the rest, if it then doesn't work, you know the last 50% is where the problem is.