Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Scribbling Pad

by Buzzler Posted 29th Oct 2010 at 2:27 PM - Updated 11th Jan 2015 at 5:58 PM by Buzzler

466 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 241 Feedback Posts, 224 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 3 of 19
Forum Resident
#51 Old 30th Oct 2010 at 8:44 PM
This is a great mod. Unfortunately it isn't showing up in my game. I'm using Custom Launcher with Package Management by granthes.

I occasionally have problems with content not showing up due to minor conflict with his program. He is usually able to fix it. I'm going to tell granthes about this also.

:lovestruc

Sometimes the Dragon wins and I AM the Dragon!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#52 Old 30th Oct 2010 at 9:26 PM Last edited by Emmies : 30th Oct 2010 at 10:31 PM.
My game crashed when I selected it in buy mode. I'm redownloading it now - I'll let you know how it goes.

Winterhart, I use the same program as you, but I haven't found any conflict in getting it to SHOW UP...it's the buying I have a problem with.

[edit] Scratch that. Now it's working awesomely, and yes it does work with the package management program, or at least for me it does.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#53 Old 31st Oct 2010 at 6:34 AM
Haha, finally something cheaper to have writing skill. Sometimes its just rediculous to need a computer for adult while kids write on paper pad. Hopefully it will work. But in advanced, thanks!
Forum Resident
#54 Old 31st Oct 2010 at 6:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmies
Scratch that. Now it's working awesomely, and yes it does work with the package management program, or at least for me it does.

Where do you find it? Maybe I'm just not seeing it. :lovestruc

Sometimes the Dragon wins and I AM the Dragon!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#55 Old 1st Nov 2010 at 2:28 AM
squeals *glomp* huge hug, your the best, this is awesome, love it!!
Test Subject
#56 Old 1st Nov 2010 at 5:03 AM
Since I've placed your mod in my folder, my game always notes the presence of "scripted mods" and the line to your mod whenever the main menu first comes up. No issues thus far but I find that interesting. Though I haven't had a chance to design a sim to use it yet.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#57 Old 1st Nov 2010 at 5:33 AM
Yay!! I guess I'm not the only one waiting for something like this but I'm still seriously BUZZED (:b) to have this. Most of my sims are either writers or artists and usually are in medieval 'hoods, so the computer thing was a serious lack of matching. Thanks for this most useful mod!!! :D
Field Researcher
#58 Old 1st Nov 2010 at 6:55 AM
The pad does not make the trip when going on vacation or returning. I had planned to have my Sim write while on vacation, but the pad was no longer in the inventory. I bought another, but upon arriving home, the pad was missing again.

Have a bright platinum diamond day!
Deb
Test Subject
#59 Old 1st Nov 2010 at 8:24 AM
Anyone else having trouble download this or just me? Link just times out.
Instructor
#60 Old 1st Nov 2010 at 3:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jbak
Anyone else having trouble download this or just me? Link just times out.

I just downloaded it - keep trying.
1978 gallons of pancake batter
Original Poster
#61 Old 1st Nov 2010 at 6:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simdebster
The pad does not make the trip when going on vacation or returning.
How unpleasant. My knowledge of the transition process to vacation worlds is somewhat limited, so I don't have a clue what might cause this. I will look into it.

If gotcha is all you’ve got, then you’ve got nothing. - Paul Krugman
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#62 Old 1st Nov 2010 at 7:54 PM
bows down to awesomeness, you have no idea how long i've wished for something like this!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#63 Old 2nd Nov 2010 at 3:36 AM
Thank you so much I've been this will add much to the gameplay
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#64 Old 2nd Nov 2010 at 5:32 AM
Does it belong compatible with world adventures?? Since I have proved it with world adventures but it does not work, another doubt the adult sims can use it or only it is for the teenagers? Amazing job!! Thanks, I expect to be able to use the object in my game.
Forum Resident
#65 Old 2nd Nov 2010 at 3:44 PM
I ran into an issue with the Architect career, with his mod installed.
At one of the higher levels (8 or 9) of the career, you get the option
to discuss renovation. A short conversation occurs and then
the architect sim pulls out a notebook and pen and appears
to take notes.

With this mod installed, the conversation with the client occurs,
but then both sims jump out of the interaction at the point when
the architect should pull out the notebook and pen. I removed
the mod and cleared the caches and the interaction happens
as it should.

"I have learned silence from the talkative, tolerance from the intolerant and kindness from the unkind, yet, I'm ungrateful to those teachers. "- Kahlil Gibran
Original Poster
#66 Old 2nd Nov 2010 at 4:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by viri2626
Does it belong compatible with world adventures??
It is code-compatible. I'm still trying to figure out why pads get purged on transition to vacation worlds.

Quote:
another doubt the adult sims can use it or only it is for the teenagers?
That sim on the screenshots is obviously an adult...

Quote: Originally posted by megativity13
At one of the higher levels (8 or 9) of the career, you get the option to discuss renovation.
How and under which circumstances can I do that? I haven't played the architect career yet, and just created a testsim and cheated him to level 8. I did a job, but didn't get such an option.

Quote:
With this mod installed, the conversation with the client occurs,
but then both sims jump out of the interaction at the point when
the architect should pull out the notebook and pen.
Can somebody confirm that? This mod, i.e. its script, JAZZ script and all resources are unique and unrelated to any existing EAxian code/resource, so I don't see how this could happen. I will investigate the matter if you tell me specifically how to reconstruct it, though.

Forum Resident
#67 Old 2nd Nov 2010 at 5:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Buzzler
How and under which circumstances can I do that? I haven't played the architect career yet, and just created a testsim and cheated him to level 8. I did a job, but didn't get such an option.

Click on the client, before performing the renovation, the option
appears on the pie menu. It may very well be at level 9 that the option
becomes available. Also note that the client isn't always on the lot when
you accept/perform the renovation, so you may have to hunt them down to
have the interaction.

"I have learned silence from the talkative, tolerance from the intolerant and kindness from the unkind, yet, I'm ungrateful to those teachers. "- Kahlil Gibran
Original Poster
#68 Old 2nd Nov 2010 at 11:16 PM
@megativity13: Cannot confirm. I just used the discuss renovation interaction (it is lvl. 9) and it works flawlessly.

Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#69 Old 3rd Nov 2010 at 1:20 AM
my hero!
Thanks a million!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#70 Old 3rd Nov 2010 at 1:49 AM
Thank you! the sim of the photo was looking like to myself a teenager , because of it I asked, of equal way I have installed in my game with World Adventures, have tried to use it but my adult sims the option does not go out for them, because of it I thought that it was for the teenagers at all more hehe... Anyway, thank you very much, it is a really incredible mod. =) Sorry for my bad english xDD
Forum Resident
#71 Old 3rd Nov 2010 at 2:33 AM
Can you make something like portable easel, that can be stored in inventory? Thank you. And I am sorry if you don't take a request. This is just a suggestion.
Forum Resident
#72 Old 3rd Nov 2010 at 2:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Buzzler
@megativity13: Cannot confirm. I just used the discuss renovation interaction (it is lvl. 9) and it works flawlessly.

Ok, thanks for checking it out. I'll re-download the mod and
try it again.

Instructor
#73 Old 3rd Nov 2010 at 2:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by anak_ponti
Can you make something like portable easel, that can be stored in inventory? Thank you. And I am sorry if you don't take a request. This is just a suggestion.

There is already a portable easel available on MTS. Just search in downloads to find it.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#74 Old 3rd Nov 2010 at 3:04 PM
Just to let you know, I had some trouble with this when I first installed it. Whenever the pad was to be used, my sim put it on the table and then immediately take it back, and the action dropped out of queue. Leaving the table without the chairs made the sim write on the floor and it worked just fine. When I restarted the game, I found the table also working even though I made no changes to the furniture placement or anything. So this is now a thanks post =) A much needed mod especially for people like me who try to play a 19th century neighbourhood.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#75 Old 3rd Nov 2010 at 4:48 PM
Nice! I've always disliked my sims bringing their laptops around.
Page 3 of 19