Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Scribbling Pad

by Buzzler Posted 29th Oct 2010 at 2:27 PM - Updated 11th Jan 2015 at 5:58 PM by Buzzler

466 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 241 Feedback Posts, 224 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 4 of 19
1978 gallons of pancake batter
Original Poster
#76 Old 3rd Nov 2010 at 5:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by smyrnaion
Just to let you know, I had some trouble with this when I first installed it. Whenever the pad was to be used, my sim put it on the table and then immediately take it back, and the action dropped out of queue.
I've experienced that, too. Actually, that's why the first screenshot shows the sim in the Sunset Valley park instead of the library where I made the pie menu screenshots. When I wanted the sim to actually use the pad, the Bunch bunch came in and occupied all the desks. I've reset them, but my sim couldn't use the desks anymore, the symptoms being exactly the same as you outlined.

I'm pretty sure that the problem isn't caused by this mod, but by the EAxian phantom butt bug or something. The EAxian code I use to find an available surface, should also check for an available chair. Somehow it fails to do that under certain circumstances. I don't see how I could influence that, short of rewriting a fair amount of low-level EAxian code.

If gotcha is all you’ve got, then you’ve got nothing. - Paul Krugman
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#77 Old 3rd Nov 2010 at 10:35 PM
LOVE the concept. Thank you!
Field Researcher
#78 Old 4th Nov 2010 at 6:18 AM
This mod seems to be the cause of a glitch I'm experiencing which makes it impossible for me to purchase any venues that are not rabbitholes, IE-the library, bars, ect. Removal of your mod (and nothing else) allows me to purchase them again.
Forum Resident
#79 Old 4th Nov 2010 at 4:07 PM
I re-downloaded and installed and the interaction appears to be functioning correctly now.

"I have learned silence from the talkative, tolerance from the intolerant and kindness from the unkind, yet, I'm ungrateful to those teachers. "- Kahlil Gibran
Original Poster
#80 Old 4th Nov 2010 at 5:26 PM
@moryrie: I cannot confirm this issue. It works perfectly well for me. And scripting mods are inherently incapable to cause subtle glitches like that. To cause something like that, I'd have to do it deliberately or I'd at least have to extensively mess with the related code.

Field Researcher
#81 Old 4th Nov 2010 at 9:38 PM
Well, removing this mod fixed the issue. :/ .. I didn't say it made sense. I'm only reporting what I noticed.
Test Subject
#82 Old 5th Nov 2010 at 12:51 AM
Love the idea, but I have a bug where my Sim refuses to use his desk now. Instead his arm glitches through all the rooms to push the chair in to the desk while he sits at the dining table. XD
Original Poster
#83 Old 5th Nov 2010 at 7:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by moryrie
Well, removing this mod fixed the issue. :/ .. I didn't say it made sense. I'm only reporting what I noticed.
I understand that, but apart from not being able to re-enact the issue, I just don't see a way how a script could ever cause an issue in unrelated code like that. To what extent have you tested this?

Quote: Originally posted by chrystalis
Love the idea, but I have a bug where my Sim refuses to use his desk now. Instead his arm glitches through all the rooms to push the chair in to the desk while he sits at the dining table. XD
Seems like a most weird form of stuck user route failure... thingy... or something. Did the sim in question maybe "get into traffic" on his way and had to re-route? I've seen similar glitches (although not THAT glitchy) usually when a whole fambly of sims is supposed to eat at the same time. That has a tendency to leave surfaces and chairs glitched. Have you tried replacing the desk, chair and/or dining table? At any rate, I don't think there's much I can do about that, as the routing etc. gets handled by EAxian code.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#84 Old 5th Nov 2010 at 10:36 AM
Could you make also a version of it using the animation of the interview and not the homework interaction?Just saying....
Original Poster
#85 Old 5th Nov 2010 at 4:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Elementstv
Could you make also a version of it using the animation of the interview and not the homework interaction?
That would look weird, because the sim looks at the interviewee repeatedly. The nodding and smiling are out of place, too.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#86 Old 5th Nov 2010 at 8:48 PM
I'm having a problem with this. I bought it, put it in her inventory, when I click practice writing or start a novel, she walks over to the kitchen table, lays the pad on it and forgets about it.
Test Subject
#87 Old 6th Nov 2010 at 12:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by smyrnaion
Just to let you know, I had some trouble with this when I first installed it. Whenever the pad was to be used, my sim put it on the table and then immediately take it back, and the action dropped out of queue. Leaving the table without the chairs made the sim write on the floor and it worked just fine. When I restarted the game, I found the table also working even though I made no changes to the furniture placement or anything. So this is now a thanks post =) A much needed mod especially for people like me who try to play a 19th century neighbourhood.

Did the same thing, works perfectly!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#88 Old 6th Nov 2010 at 6:20 AM
thank you soo soo much. this is exactly what i wanted. you rock
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#89 Old 6th Nov 2010 at 6:34 AM Last edited by FlamingoKicker : 6th Nov 2010 at 6:51 AM. Reason: new information to add
I like the idea behind this mod but why doesn't it run under "Late Night"? I keep getting a screen that says it finds a mod but the pad never appears under my Hobbies section?

EDIT: Oh, I found it. It's under Hobbies but ONLY under the Sort by Function option and not under Sort by Room option. So I just had to do alittle digging. But now my Technophobe sim won't lose his mind everytime he has to write a book and use that bloody computer.
Test Subject
#90 Old 6th Nov 2010 at 11:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Geeekzor
Did the same thing, works perfectly!

same hereee
Original Poster
#91 Old 6th Nov 2010 at 11:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jbak
I'm having a problem with this. I bought it, put it in her inventory, when I click practice writing or start a novel, she walks over to the kitchen table, lays the pad on it and forgets about it.
Forgets about it? As in leaving the pad on the table? That shouldn't even be possible to happen. If the sim actually takes the pad back, try to replace the table and chairs. They might be glitched.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#92 Old 9th Nov 2010 at 10:03 PM
Oh Buzzler, the notepad is so elegant. thank you for all your hard work and no doubt occasional minutes of frustration in creating it
Interstellar Traveler
#93 Old 11th Nov 2010 at 2:29 AM
quick question..is this a core mod?
Original Poster
#94 Old 11th Nov 2010 at 3:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simul8rReviews
quick question..is this a core mod?
Certainly not! This is an object mod which is a subtype of scripting mod. Scripting mods are as carefree as it gets. Of course you need to make sure a scripting mod matches your game version, but beyond that there's nothing you need to pay attention to.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#95 Old 13th Nov 2010 at 4:22 AM
Hi, I really loved this before Late night. I understand it is no longer compatible but I was wondering if you had any intention of updating it?
Original Poster
#96 Old 13th Nov 2010 at 11:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tj19941994
I understand it is no longer compatible but I was wondering if you had any intention of updating it?
No, I don't think I have any intentions to update it to LN. Again. You see, I already updated it 10 days ago.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#97 Old 13th Nov 2010 at 6:17 PM
perfect for my sims living in an age where computers have not existed yet! thank you (:
Test Subject
#98 Old 13th Nov 2010 at 7:43 PM
Really love the idea of this mod, but for some bizarre reason it doesn't work. Running fully patched LN with everything but HELS installed. When I buy the notebook, the "hover text" is a long sims3 object string and I can't do anything with it. I can drag it around but no one can use it or carry it in the inventory.

Any ideas what could be wrong? I've tried redownloading/reinstalling.
Original Poster
#99 Old 13th Nov 2010 at 10:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by alli_f
Really love the idea of this mod, but for some bizarre reason it doesn't work. Running fully patched LN with everything but HELS installed. When I buy the notebook, the "hover text" is a long sims3 object string and I can't do anything with it.
That is a dead-certain sign for framework failure. I suggest to move to the post-Ambitions way to install packages, with the Mods folder in the Documents directory instead of the installation directory. Check this tutorial. Good Luck.

Test Subject
#100 Old 14th Nov 2010 at 7:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Buzzler
That is a dead-certain sign for framework failure. I suggest to move to the post-Ambitions way to install packages, with the Mods folder in the Documents directory instead of the installation directory. Check this tutorial. Good Luck.

D'oh. Had the wrong old Resource file. Thanks for that. Works a dream now! Thanks!
Page 4 of 19