Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#26 Old 4th Jul 2018 at 1:55 AM
Well I just have it in my medieval hood lol or as I like to call, my hard mode folder XD

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Advertisement
Alchemist
Original Poster
#27 Old 4th Jul 2018 at 2:22 AM Last edited by Sunrader : 4th Jul 2018 at 5:14 AM.
Obviously a lot of people like the fights, but I don't care for them. I have no jealousy in my game and only see fights between serious enemies rarely. It didn't make sense for regular sims to be fighting during an apocalypse, though. When i first put it in, it [EDIT] seemed obvious because fights started to break out where there had been none, but I can't be sure it caused them.

@kestrellen, all I can tell you is that they didn't eat brains autonomously in the original and they do in the modified one after I turned it on. It's quite obvious because I also changed the needs that would make them want to eat brains. When they get hungry, need hygiene, or have high bladder, they autonomously go after the nearest sim, not food, showers, or toilets. The action that pops up is eat brains, not attack. If they win the fight, the sim turns into a zombie and all their needs are filled. I know how fightclub works. I just didn't want it, but without it, the zombieapoc gets stuck in a, possibly, indefinite loop, so I interrupted the loop.
Mad Poster
#28 Old 4th Jul 2018 at 4:29 AM
And as I said, it works just fine for plenty of people.
Mad Poster
#29 Old 4th Jul 2018 at 5:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
Obviously a lot of people like the fights, but I don't care for them. I have no jealousy in my game and only see fights between serious enemies rarely. It didn't make sense for regular sims to be fighting during an apocalypse, though. When i first put it in, it was very obvious because fights started to break out where there had been none.

Weird. I've had the fight club for ages and never seen any increase in fighting. But regular sims would totally fight during an apocalypse; you might even shoot a guy over food or supplies.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#30 Old 4th Jul 2018 at 5:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
And as I said, it works just fine for plenty of people.

I'm sure it does. All of Pescado's mods are very popular. It seems to me that a lot of people like controlling their sims much more than I do. I'm a big fan of autonomy. I'm glad you are happy with it as it is. Enjoy.

Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Weird. I've had the fight club for ages and never seen any increase in fighting. But regular sims would totally fight during an apocalypse; you might even shoot a guy over food or supplies.

I'm sure some people like it that way. I was going more for campy.
Mad Poster
#31 Old 4th Jul 2018 at 8:26 PM
None of the people who told stories about using the zombie apocalypse mod were controlling the zombies, it was all happening autonomously.
Instructor
#32 Old 4th Jul 2018 at 8:33 PM
I never had issues, just stuck the mods in and played like normal. When my apocalypse started, I made 3 playables into zombies using the transformer and stuck them on a lot on the outskirts of town, never playing them again. They would show up on community lots whenever my founder visited them and they quickly turned the majority of the townies into zombies. I even lost my best heir because he was attacked while I was focused on his sister. (you can read about it here). I haven't played an apocalypse with zombies in a long time, but I do kind of recall noticing that the fights were unnaturally long. I didn't even realize that was the fight club mod.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#33 Old 4th Jul 2018 at 10:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ttowntallyho
I never had issues, just stuck the mods in and played like normal. When my apocalypse started, I made 3 playables into zombies using the transformer and stuck them on a lot on the outskirts of town, never playing them again. They would show up on community lots whenever my founder visited them and they quickly turned the majority of the townies into zombies. I even lost my best heir because he was attacked while I was focused on his sister. (you can read about it here). I haven't played an apocalypse with zombies in a long time, but I do kind of recall noticing that the fights were unnaturally long. I didn't even realize that was the fight club mod.

That's a sad story. I was too cautious. I only let zombies run rampant in my test hood.

Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
None of the people who told stories about using the zombie apocalypse mod were controlling the zombies, it was all happening autonomously.

Ok, maybe it does that with thefightclub. There's more than one reason I didn't attempt to share this. I've enjoyed some of your mods in my game, especially the sellable novels and communal showers. I'd love your expertise on a couple that I'm really still struggling with:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=613546
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=607088
Mad Poster
#34 Old 4th Jul 2018 at 10:49 PM
Your witch hack was well-addressed in its thread - you can only have sims always walk or always fly, unless you add another entire interaction. To change which they do, you need to modify both the guardian (TEST) BHAV and also the BHAV that sends them to the community lot. Generally, if you see a call to "Test if object is of type" followed by "Run Tree By Name", what is happening is that the game is running a function of the name specified by RTBN that's in the group of an object that has the GUID specified by Test Object Type. So you find out what group that object is in, and locate the BHAV with the correct name. That's the one you need to change, in this case. If you want to add an additional interaction, that's a bit more involved.

Dunno about the pool slide.
Mad Poster
#35 Old 7th Jul 2018 at 10:36 PM
FWIW kids and pets unattended disables the social worker completely, so there's no need for another social worker hack. The difference is that K&PU allows older sims to leave the lot without the younger ones, whereas other social worker hacks don't allow this.

In my apocalypse hoods with thefightclub and zombieapoc my zombies *definitely* attack autonomously - it's all I can do to keep the entire population from being turned! I find it a lot of fun and the fights are amusing but I can see they might be boring as they do go on forever (I have thefightclub in all my hoods and some sims just won't leave each other alone...) I have a random file which I use manually outside of the game to determine the outcome of a fight, so my sims may end up with scars, broken bones and sometimes even dying from fights - it adds to the drama of a hood for me, and the colour of a character as if you constantly see a sim with a bloody nose or you see that they have a permanent scar, you know that they make enemies easily.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Alchemist
Original Poster
#36 Old 7th Jul 2018 at 10:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
FWIW kids and pets unattended disables the social worker completely, so there's no need for another social worker hack. The difference is that K&PU allows older sims to leave the lot without the younger ones, whereas other social worker hacks don't allow this.

In my apocalypse hoods with thefightclub and zombieapoc my zombies *definitely* attack autonomously - it's all I can do to keep the entire population from being turned! I find it a lot of fun and the fights are amusing but I can see they might be boring as they do go on forever (I have thefightclub in all my hoods and some sims just won't leave each other alone...) I have a random file which I use manually outside of the game to determine the outcome of a fight, so my sims may end up with scars, broken bones and sometimes even dying from fights - it adds to the drama of a hood for me, and the colour of a character as if you constantly see a sim with a bloody nose or you see that they have a permanent scar, you know that they make enemies easily.

Both really good to know, thanks! Yes, I definitely did NOT want thefightclub in all my hoods. I have almost no fights in my hoods, I think because I have no-jealousy-at-all. Someone has to work really hard to become an enemy in my hoods. I am pretty sure I had to mod the zombieapoc for autonomy if I were also going to mod it to run without thefightclub, but I'm just figuring things out, so could be wrong. It was really super fun, though.
Mad Poster
#37 Old 7th Jul 2018 at 11:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq

If you only want certain lots to be free of social workers, you don't even need a mod, because the mere presence of a nanny on the lot prevents the social worker from arriving for any reason. Here's what you do:
  1. Hire a nanny.
  2. Invite the nanny to relax on a double bed.
  3. Use move_objects to move the double bed next to a wall in such a way that the nanny cannot get up. If you have the mod that makes it possible for sims to scoot to the other side of a double bed, you will probably have to wall up the double bed on both sides and use move_objects to retrieve your playable.
  4. Now, the nanny cannot die of starvation because she is in the middle of an interaction (relaxing in bed) and she cannot end the interaction because she cannot leave the double bed. So: eternal nanny. The eternal nanny will prevent the social worker from coming for any reason.

I believe you can also have an eternally sleeping nanny without move_objects if you place both a good and an evil snapdragon next to the bed - the good snapdragon refreshes all motives except energy, and the evil snapdragon drains all motives including energy. So the result is that energy is constantly being drained while other motives remain static, and the nanny sleeps forever. But this requires you to have snapdragons.
Mad Poster
#38 Old 8th Jul 2018 at 4:46 AM
So even if the kids are starving a nanny on the lot stops the social worker?
Mad Poster
#39 Old 8th Jul 2018 at 5:10 AM
Yup. Of course, this has the side effect of possibly creating child-age ghosts (babies and toddlers cannot die), which according to Cyjon are broken and missing some animations.
Mad Poster
#40 Old 8th Jul 2018 at 6:14 AM
Could you lock the nanny in a 2x1 room with a snapdragon?

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#41 Old 8th Jul 2018 at 6:35 AM
That would probably work too, though you might be a bit spammed by the nanny trying to go into energy failure but failing because there isn't room (I believe this causes a camera focus) because the snapdragon doesn't increase energy.
Mad Poster
#42 Old 8th Jul 2018 at 8:25 AM
Screenshots
Theorist
#43 Old 8th Jul 2018 at 9:26 AM
But isn't it considered a bad idea to save with Service Sims present on the lot?

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Mad Poster
#44 Old 9th Jul 2018 at 9:43 AM
No?

IDK, the nanny thing is not really my playstyle. But I can see that might be useful if you only wanted one household to have the social worker disabled, and for them to be allowed on all other lots.

Child aged ghosts are not super problematic. It can be an issue on a home lot because an unplayable character like the Therapist, Reaper or Social Bunny can turn up when the child ghost is haunting at night because the game thinks this is a visitor who is past curfew. So you have the potential for the objects.package to become corrupted by those characters developing a "met" relationship with your playable sims, but this is easily fixed by sending the child's grave to a graveyard or simply by not allowing the NPC to greet your adult/teen living sims. Missing animations don't really matter because children simply float at adult level while performing the animation meant for adults, and ghosts already float, so it doesn't look weird.

Toddlers you can cause to die but only with mods/cheats, they can have tombstones, but they don't have ghosts at all because they are not meant to ever die so this is not coded. They won't starve to death even if you leave them without food. Their hunger will simply remain at 0 and if you do manage to get a bottle/pet bowl to them they will be unable to drink it and simply throw it away due to low mood. I think if you age them up to children you would have a very short window to get them some food but I don't think I've ever actually done this.

Infants never reach actual hunger failure, but can't grow up without an adult around and a visitor can't help with birthday until they are greeted, which a baby can't do. You can teleport the baby to another lot and use cheats to force them to grow up at which point a free playable adult/teen will help them, then you send them back home. And they won't be at failure level starving, so they can feed from a dropped bottle or pet bowl.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Page 2 of 2