Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Mar 2018 at 8:31 PM Last edited by Nikkian : 21st Mar 2018 at 12:19 AM.
Default Sims 2 patching post website removal?
I have been trying to update my Sims 2 game using the patches available here on MTS, but I only get the message that my game is already up to date. I have no clue how to fix this, it happens on install of the game and expansions as well, for every single pack. Does anyone know what to do about this? I have not seen a single soul talk about this at all and it is really frustrating. Everything I found was either not even close to my issue or from before the original site was removed.

Update: First and foremost, thank you to those who replied. I tried grumpyloader. I did not work for the base game patch or ep1 patch, my updater insists those are up to date. HOWEVER, I went back and tried the patch for ep2. (Long story there, but I should have tried sooner. I remember I had the issue I posted about the first time I tried to update the game from MTS, but I tried the base patch on my laptop, which also had the whole game on it, and it updated right away without issue.) Point is, ep2 updated with grumpyloader just fine. I very distinctly remember not being able to use the patch for the base game or ep1 in the past, so I still think those 2 are ending up un-updated. But I'll see if the rest work at all. Thanks again to everyone to who replied, and especially for linking me to grumpyloader. I'll post here again if any other issues come up.
Advertisement
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#2 Old 20th Mar 2018 at 8:59 PM
We have many of the things from the official site/exchange in the wiki. For the patches you can find them in Game_Help:TS2_Patcheswiki.

Reading failure, you found those. You are using the disk versions? Not UC?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Mar 2018 at 9:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
We have many of the things from the official site/exchange in the wiki. For the patches you can find them in Game_Help:TS2_Patcheswiki.

Reading failure, you found those. You are using the disk versions? Not UC?

I am using the 4-disk version of the base game and disk version of all the expansion/stuff packs. I am using a no-disk crack, however, if that helps at all. Thank you for your reply.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 20th Mar 2018 at 9:50 PM
@Nikkian - try installing the patch first, before anything else.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Scholar
#5 Old 20th Mar 2018 at 10:38 PM
Nikkian, I had to use Grumpy Loader for some of the patches (I have the disc version of everything) when I installed onto W10. Maybe try using that?

No need to use my full name, "Selly" will do just fine.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 20th Mar 2018 at 11:21 PM
@Nikkian you are not allowed to mention cracks on here, site rules okay. Collections don't have patches, do you have any of those?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~