Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Jun 2005 at 12:05 PM
Default Information about locking doors
Just thought I'd share that I discovered the code that is responsible for causing Sims not to want objects that are the other side of a locked door. I thought by the time I found it that it would be common knowledge, but seeing as TwoJeffs and Pescado didn't know already, it's worth posting...

The solution is the line in global BHAV 0x03D6 which sets the route blocking flags. Once that flag is set, the game knows it must check your door's portal test to see if the Sim can get to things beyond the door.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 25th Jun 2005 at 12:10 PM
Will it stop sims from wanting to interact with other sims on the other side of locked doors like your 4 key door?
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Jun 2005 at 12:14 PM
Yes, it's the fix I applied to my 4-key and apartment doors. And to my pleasant surprise it also hides the sims from each other :D

I must get round to updating the targetable and prison doors too soon
Inventor
#4 Old 25th Jun 2005 at 2:41 PM
This is very important info, Inje.