Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Part-time Hermit
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Jan 2006 at 10:48 PM
Default Combining doors and mirrors?
Would it be possible to place a mirror on a door? I know that a mirror has been combined with an armoire before with help of editing BHAVs (if I understood correctly), but I wonder if a door would be different in that regard? What I have in mind is a sliding double door (a clone of the Wachowt Glass Door) with reflecting glass on both doors. It doesn't need to be a functional mirror for the sims to use necessarily, it would only need to have the look of a mirror.
Advertisement
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#2 Old 13th Jan 2006 at 11:14 PM
The Grand Trianon set has a door with a mirror on it, I'm 99% sure (looked at the thread, not in my game)

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Part-time Hermit
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Jan 2006 at 11:20 PM Last edited by IgnorantBliss : 13th Jan 2006 at 11:29 PM.
I think it's a dresser in Grand Trianon that has a mirror. I can't see a door in there.

Oh, wait, it looks like the is an object called a mirror door, but I'm not sure which one it is from the pictures. I will have to take a look at it. Thanks!
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#4 Old 14th Jan 2006 at 9:30 AM
You just have to use simple-mirror-reflection as the material I think. I've done that on rugs. If you don't want the entire door reflective (just a panel) you'll need to add a new mesh subset to hold the mirror material.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Part-time Hermit
Original Poster
#5 Old 14th Jan 2006 at 10:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
You just have to use simple-mirror-reflection as the material I think. I've done that on rugs. If you don't want the entire door reflective (just a panel) you'll need to add a new mesh subset to hold the mirror material.

Thanks . Yes, the reflecting mirror would only be a part of the door. Sounds doable.

When I look at the Grand Trianon door, the mirror parts have their own GMDCs. Is this necessary, or could I just add another subset to an existing GMDC?
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#6 Old 14th Jan 2006 at 10:12 AM
I can't see why it shouldn't be a subset, as it looks like other than the mirror material being external, everything is just the same as if you were adding a subset for the sake of any other material. However, I'm no expert in this, although I would think it would be quicker to try that first and go onto the next way if it fails rather than go to the trouble of adding GMDCs if you didn't need to.

I might have the hyphens not 100% right in the material name, maybe one of them is an underscore BTW. Just double check when you do it.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Part-time Hermit
Original Poster
#7 Old 14th Jan 2006 at 10:18 AM
Yeah, thanks . I'll try it as a subset in an existing GMDC first and see if that works. I'll check what file names they used in the Grand Trianon door and go from there. But, I have a couple of other projects that I've promised to finish first, so this one will have to wait for a bit.