Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Jun 2009 at 4:13 PM
Can I own Hotels?
In the Neighbourhood, not the vacation areas, as a business, is it possible?
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 23rd Jun 2009 at 6:09 PM
Do you have a way to let sims sleep on a community lot?

Townies will probably go home, but your other playables would be able to use it as a hotel and sleep there. You could set it up as a ticket business, although since you are planning on long-term stays you would need to lower the hourly rate to keep it affordable. (And ignore the usual connotations of a hotel that charges by the hour...)

2 simoleons /hour would end up charging 48/person/day.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Inept Troll
#3 Old 24th Jun 2009 at 4:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj

Townies will probably go home, but your other playables would be able to use it as a hotel and sleep there. You could set it up as a ticket business, although since you are planning on long-term stays you would need to lower the hourly rate to keep it affordable. (And ignore the usual connotations of a hotel that charges by the hour...)

Screw dat shiat. I charge 50 simoleans an hour.

Don't feed the trolls.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 16th Aug 2014 at 6:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj

just bringing up an older thread instead of making my own! (note to the staff)

I think their would be glitches to own your own hotel? when I make my own custom hotels i notice no townies stay at them if in regular neighborhoods or goto them just my sims. this sucks more even because i can't even book a group of sims either because the current NPC's of the group won't ever sleep even when i give them a bed. I once had a mob sim and his gang. Even after I booked them all their rooms they never took their beds darn nit . and I payed all that money. like I care it was his money not mine

being nice to people has it's benefits and being mean or nasty has no benefit and your only hurting yourself in the long run.
if anyone want to make an angel like mine here is the wings link (blue eyes not included) sorry
http://modthesims.info/browse.php?tag=wings&f=38
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 16th Aug 2014 at 6:56 AM
You have to make non selectable sims selectable before the code pops up making them leave. Once you have them selectable use a Uni door, one or two per room and have the single or couple claim the doors. Keep them selectable until a decent hour and send them to bed. You can make them unselectable as they are climbing into bed. They will sleep all night. You do need a sleep on community lot mod as well.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#6 Old 16th Aug 2014 at 10:15 AM
There is a hack at simlogical which allows a sim to own and gain money from hotels, apartments, etc, but I don't think they can run it the same as a OFB business.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Field Researcher
#7 Old 16th Aug 2014 at 3:30 PM
Perhaps this mod will help. I use it on my business lots. It has an option to max all motives, keep employees refreshed (like the NPC employees are) and to set all visitors to 'sleepover status'. All the features can be individually enabled or disabled, by the way, so you can just refrain from maxing everyone's motives (as that would defeat the purpose of runing a hotel): http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=7009