Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Jun 2014 at 5:11 PM
Dig.. dig.. digging away..
What was probably the best/worst thing you've found whilst digging for treasure in BV excluding any maps
Did you decide to keep it or not?
Do you have any items that come up a lot, say any bones?

--Note: If you have Pets, you could say what your pets usually like to dig up

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 16th Jun 2014 at 5:45 PM
I only seem to find bones and rocks. I have had that chicken holding a shovel deco item once and I think that's it.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 16th Jun 2014 at 5:45 PM
AFAIK dogs never dig up anything (at least mine never have).

Sims often dig up dog bones (or ordinary bones or rocks) though, but I've had a few vases as well. Cannot remember anything else at the moment.
Theorist
#4 Old 16th Jun 2014 at 5:50 PM
You guys dig up objects? My Sims only seem to break water pipes.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 16th Jun 2014 at 5:54 PM
The worst is broken water pipes. Those are very annoying. The best is a treasure, but that has only happened a few times.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 16th Jun 2014 at 7:34 PM
Besides the treasure, my big find is Song Dynasty vases.

http://kahonseecity.livejournal.com/ < - New Prosperity Challenge. Last update: 6/9/14
Mad Poster
#7 Old 16th Jun 2014 at 8:03 PM
My Sims find a variety of deco items. I don't remember all of them, but I've probably had like 15 different by now. It's not common, but I've re-done my hood story three times now, and that includes making two Sims find treasure chests. Gives them a lot of time to dig up other stuff >_> (I highly recommend MATY's macro digging, because they will autonomously fill in when water pipe breaks, and they stick to the same hole so only one to fill in later on)

I tend to mostly gets rocks and bones, with the occasional map and deco item. Treasure chests I find are weirdly easy to find once you find the first. I've had one Sim dig up four of them.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 16th Jun 2014 at 8:10 PM
I've found that I actually dig up a lot of treasure chests. I've never broken that many water pipes, either.
I tend to stay away from digging, though. It's just too much of a dirty, motive-lowering hassle for me. Maybe one day I'll set up a little community dig-site for all their hole-digging pleasures, though.
Scholar
Original Poster
#9 Old 16th Jun 2014 at 8:44 PM
I once had three chests in one sim-day with only one household
Also, i get rocks and bones a LOT, with the Wishing Jug of Wishes or whatever it is called.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 16th Jun 2014 at 10:25 PM
The digable items are pre set. If you dig long enough you should get everyone of them, but some are rarer than others to find. The water pipe is the worst, the treasure chest is the best. I have had, water pipes, bones, rocks, garden gnomes, garden chickens, cat statue thing, Greek urn statue, maps, treasure chest, Ming vase, other odds and ends that I can't remember. I probably have dug up every item up as I've done it a lot since BV came out- so 8 years or so?

It could be sims of certain personality points are more likely to dig up good or bad items. I have a feeling messy sims may get more water pipes. DJ, you simply aren't digging enough. Have a sim dig at least 16-30 times over a day.

Use the same hole too. I see so many people on YouTube digging multiple holes, that doesn't help the odds it just lowers the enviroment score to 0.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#11 Old 16th Jun 2014 at 11:42 PM
I've mostly had sims dig on their home lot. They've gotten all sorts of deco items and usually a map on the first try. Once I had a sims dig up 3 treasure chests in a row, I think there were only 5 ever found in the whole hood. On vacation lots, they seem to mostly break water pipes but if left there, someone from the hotel would go fill them in lol. Picture your sim circling the building digging holes while a NPC is following them around burying them.

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Scholar
Original Poster
#12 Old 17th Jun 2014 at 3:24 PM
I wonder how the game decides what items can be dug up - I've never noticed any pattern..
It's probably random sequence with a selection of cheapy catalogue items

Mad Poster
#13 Old 18th Jun 2014 at 1:53 AM
Best? Obviously the Song Dynasty vase and the Treasure Chest! Moneymoneymoneymoneymoney! For whatever reason, even with a household that I'm using all sorts of cheats with, I won't use any cheats to boost their funds directly- instead, they end up doing things like writing dozens of restaurant guides, rolling chance cards every day, and of course, covering their yard with holes and piles of dirt, hoping to unearth the inexhaustible lost treasure of whatever ancient kingdom once stood where SimCity is today...

I've noticed too that once you've dug enough (hundreds, probably) holes, water main strikes seem to become more common... even if it's a new household. Is there a bell curve that I'm reaching the end of for each lot when it comes to digging for treasure? (clarification- this is the lot I use for all my Sims who can't afford the house they're supposed to be in, and who I'm not interested in actually playing long enough to reach it "normally," so it's probably had holes dug on every single terrain tile at least twice.) Or am I just overly optimistic about the length of time that a hole can be mined?

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 18th Jun 2014 at 2:42 AM
I made one of my household's lots look like an excavation site. The findings: one crummy vase. Everything else was broken water pipes. I think the SimCity Water and Plumbing Department weren't too pleased with the mess I made.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 18th Jun 2014 at 4:08 AM
I don't let my sims dig too much anymore, since it gives them so much money. It's not fair anymore (but fun to do). Plus I play a medieval neighbourhood so they can't be finding vases from random places since the land is new :P

I used to make nobles do it for money before I found out how to use the checkbook mod (and before I was really concerned about the image of the Lady and Lord digging holes like peasants). Now peasants pay them the moolah!
#16 Old 18th Jun 2014 at 3:50 PM
Not the best obviously, but every time i get a male founder to dig up that rearing pony mini statuette I know it's always going to be given as a present to his first born daughter.

The treasure chests I usually keep in inventory and try to find enough to give to each offspring as their "Inheritance"

I once had Malcolm Landgraab dig enough holes that broke the water pipes that the entire front row was nothing but spouting water. The lot lagged like hell as well.
Scholar
Original Poster
#17 Old 18th Jun 2014 at 3:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SingleClawDesigns
I once had Malcolm Landgraab dig enough holes that broke the water pipes that the entire front row was nothing but spouting water. The lot lagged like hell as well.

Well, Well then

Sorry.

Mad Poster
#18 Old 18th Jun 2014 at 4:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SingleClawDesigns
Not the best obviously, but every time i get a male founder to dig up that rearing pony mini statuette I know it's always going to be given as a present to his first born daughter.

Hey, horses are unisex.
#19 Old 18th Jun 2014 at 4:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Hey, horses are unisex.

True but ever since I had Mimi Landgraab as a child go on a spoiled brat rant of "I WANT A FECKIN PONY NOW DADDY!!" rant and then dear old dad bludgeoning her with it it's kind of become a thing in my game.

You can really tell I hated Mimi Landgraab from the sims bustin out can't you LOL
Mad Poster
#20 Old 18th Jun 2014 at 8:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zarathustra
I've noticed too that once you've dug enough (hundreds, probably) holes, water main strikes seem to become more common... even if it's a new household. Is there a bell curve that I'm reaching the end of for each lot when it comes to digging for treasure?

I doubt it. You probably just notice a statistical cluster that you want to interpret as some kind of pattern. It'd surprise me greatly if EA put time and effort into making a system that recognizes how many holes you dug to change odds of water happening.
Test Subject
#21 Old 19th Jun 2014 at 1:33 AM
It takes a long time to find maps. I'll usually have all my sims digging until they find something.
Mad Poster
#22 Old 19th Jun 2014 at 2:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
I doubt it. You probably just notice a statistical cluster that you want to interpret as some kind of pattern. It'd surprise me greatly if EA put time and effort into making a system that recognizes how many holes you dug to change odds of water happening.

Pretty much what I figured... it would surprise me too! Now I just have to come up with some clever sci-fi explanation for why there's an unlimited fortune beneath every square meter of SimCity!

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Top Secret Researcher
#23 Old 19th Jun 2014 at 2:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zarathustra
Pretty much what I figured... it would surprise me too! Now I just have to come up with some clever sci-fi explanation for why there's an unlimited fortune beneath every square meter of SimCity!

I tell you why... in the past, SimCity was known as SimsVille. Four vicious kingdoms fought over the city repeatedly, for power and wealth. Citizens would settle in and flee, but for those who were trapped in the conflict, they often buried their treasures to prevent them from being stolen. The wars that broke out were vicious... and often fatal, as fire was a very real part of the war and we all know what Sims do when they see fire... anyways, eventually, all four of these kingdoms just killed each other. A travelling group of nomads, seeing the four silly kingdoms eliminated, decided to settle in the region and rebuild it, in an era of peace, knowledge, and technological advancement rather than fire, death, and making the Grim Reaper call the area his second home. However, much of the buried treasure remained undiscovered until Sims began mining in the area, and when pipes and subways were constructed. This set off an economic boon to SimCity, as tourists, archaeologists, and museum curators flocked to the area and set up shop. Despite the massive "diggings" and the unusual increase in the construction of redundant water mains and subways, there was still more to find. To this day, hundreds of undiscovered treasures remain buried underneath SimCity...
Scholar
Original Poster
#24 Old 19th Jun 2014 at 4:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by k6ka
and when pipes and subways were constructed. This set off an economic boon to SimCity, as tourists, archaeologists, and museum curators flocked to the area and set up shop. Despite the massive "diggings" and the unusual increase in the construction of redundant water mains and subways, there was still more to find. To this day, hundreds of undiscovered treasures remain buried underneath SimCity...

So that's why we dig up and break water pipes?

Lab Assistant
#25 Old 16th Aug 2014 at 6:02 AM
At least water pipes are better than gas manes. sims are lucky than don't encounter those otherwise they may explode. Simcity sure has gas stoves but no gas manes

hate to see a sims reaction to striking a shovel spark to one of the city gas pipes.

being nice to people has it's benefits and being mean or nasty has no benefit and your only hurting yourself in the long run.
if anyone want to make an angel like mine here is the wings link (blue eyes not included) sorry
http://modthesims.info/browse.php?tag=wings&f=38
Page 1 of 2