Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
#3851 Old 24th Mar 2018 at 8:40 PM Last edited by Sketching : 24th Mar 2018 at 9:09 PM.
You can change zodiac signs in-game with mods though - the SimBlender has the function.

I prefer to think of zodiacs as personality types instead of relating it to the real world zodiac systems - similar to the MBTI system. They make more sense to me that way especially because they're dependent on actual personality point distribution rather than date of birth. The discrepancies between their zodiac signs and personalities are sometimes used for characterization, even for the premades. That's just me though.

Maybe it's solely my game, but I tend to have a wider variety of sims under the zodiac signs, particularly the born in-game sims. The default Leo is supposedly mean while Aries is on the outgoing side, but I've had several completely nice Leos and totally shy Aries sims as well. How they're raised/played also makes a difference; I have extremely nice sims who frequently pick fights while mean ones merely watch bouts instead of starting one.

Of course, there are personality-based "special movesets," so I can understand the sentiment. Poor shy sims who suddenly have their homes invaded by outgoing strangers!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#3852 Old 24th Mar 2018 at 8:42 PM
I've used the Batbox to change the zodiac sign separately from the personality.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Top Secret Researcher
#3853 Old 25th Mar 2018 at 1:10 AM Last edited by yavannatw : 25th Mar 2018 at 2:38 AM.
I have too many townie elders. Every time I get a blind date for a Sim, doesn't matter how much is paid, it's an elder, which is useless for a male who wants to start a family.
Top Secret Researcher
#3854 Old 25th Mar 2018 at 4:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by yavannatw
I have too many townie elders. Every time I get a blind date for a Sim, doesn't matter how much is paid, it's an elder, which is useless for a male who wants to start a family.

Use The Sim Modder or I think The Sim Blender to change their Age to Adult.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Mad Poster
#3855 Old 25th Mar 2018 at 6:17 AM
Don't use SimPE to age Sims down, though. You'll end up with adults that physically look like adults.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#3856 Old 25th Mar 2018 at 11:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
Don't use SimPE to age Sims down, though. You'll end up with adults that physically look like adults.

What's wrong with that?
Mad Poster
#3857 Old 25th Mar 2018 at 1:35 PM
I meant adults that physically look like elders.

Mad Poster
#3858 Old 25th Mar 2018 at 1:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lordtyger9
Use The Sim Modder or I think The Sim Blender to change their Age to Adult.

I HATE when that happens. I just blew 5000§ to go out with great grandma

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Alchemist
#3859 Old 25th Mar 2018 at 2:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by smorbie1
I HATE when that happens. I just blew 5000§ to go out with great grandma

Which is why I don't pay the matchmaker more than §20 anymore. If I decide I really need the matchmaker, I just wait her out. Eventually she'll get it right and I'll get someone suitable.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3860 Old 25th Mar 2018 at 3:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by yavannatw

If he likes one, age her down after moving her in.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#3861 Old 25th Mar 2018 at 4:47 PM
Small breed puppies and large breed puppies are the same size.
Mad Poster
#3862 Old 25th Mar 2018 at 5:14 PM
and breeding a small dog with a large dog does not give you a litter where they are both sizes (never mind that the game can't blend features - on pets OR Sims)

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Scholar
Original Poster
#3863 Old 25th Mar 2018 at 6:05 PM
starting some households on the final day of the season so the rotation is ruined

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
Scholar
#3864 Old 25th Mar 2018 at 6:09 PM
when your sims move out and fuck up the rotation
Field Researcher
#3865 Old 25th Mar 2018 at 6:29 PM
Thank goodness for mods that let us set the season & the day!
Inventor
#3866 Old 26th Mar 2018 at 5:20 AM
I'm not sure if this was a glitch or me using the 'maxmotives' cheat too excessively but I remember when I let my sim have a business and it made it to level 10. One of the cashiers was doing fine, gaining her cashier badge slowly, but after a while I noticed she started to 'hang' when processing other sims' purchases. She would stand there, not exactly frozen, but she didn't do anything. Just like the maid NPC on vacation lots she would get unstuck and go about as normal, but it kept popping up. It caused many sims to get frustrated and throw down their shopping bag, resulting in me losing star points. I fired her and hired another, only to find out they did the same thing along with my other cashier. It got so bad I had to let my sim do the cashier work. Since then I never ran a community lot business again :/
Mad Poster
#3867 Old 26th Mar 2018 at 5:31 AM
You'll want SimWardrobe's frozen customer fix: http://simfileshare.net/download/257615/

Inventor
#3868 Old 26th Mar 2018 at 8:33 AM
You'll want SimWardrobe's frozen customer fix: http://simfileshare.net/download/257615/

:0! There's so many mods I never heard of that could've made my game so much better, so I'm saving that for reference. Thank you!
Instructor
#3869 Old 26th Mar 2018 at 9:55 AM
I wish the staircases and modular stairs had walls that actually could be deleted and/or recolored with wall patterns. All of them (except atomic and holy smoke modular stairs since they're open underneath) are ugly and don't match any wall patterns.

LGBTQ+. Fans of RAMMSTEIN, GOJIRA and Architects. Check out my favorite YouTube channels: Second Thought, Adam Something, Climate Town, and Not Just Bikes
Mad Poster
#3870 Old 26th Mar 2018 at 11:04 AM Last edited by RoxEllen1965 : 26th Mar 2018 at 11:59 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by legacyoffailures
I wish the staircases and modular stairs had walls that actually could be deleted and/or recolored with wall patterns. All of them (except atomic and holy smoke modular stairs since they're open underneath) are ugly and don't match any wall patterns.

You want these. They're listed in the Stairs section and cost $0. They're actually oddly shaped windows. Place a wall along your stairs and then add these to "cut out" the top.

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=403889

EDIT to add: Inge's older versions at SimLogical. These are listed under Windows and cost $110 each. These work a little differently than the ones in the link above.
http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2P..._Stairwalls.htm
Mad Poster
#3871 Old 26th Mar 2018 at 1:42 PM
4shared can go screw itself. I signed up to Carrigon's board to look for one of her files, but all the links are to 4shared which is trying to force me to register an account (oh, and asking for my full name on top of that) just to download.

Top Secret Researcher
#3872 Old 26th Mar 2018 at 3:47 PM
4shared can go screw itself. I signed up to Carrigon's board to look for one of her files, but all the links are to 4shared which is trying to force me to register an account (oh, and asking for my full name on top of that) just to download.

Is this Carrigon's board? http://carrigon1.proboards.com

Does Carrigon have mods that are worth the trouble?

Note I already have these:
Carrigon_ForeverBurnFireplacesPETS.package
Carrigon_NoXmasTreeFire.package
Carrigon_SafeReindeerHack.package
Carrigon_VampireDaytimeHackOFB.package

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Mad Poster
#3873 Old 26th Mar 2018 at 7:44 PM
Yes, that's the board. I'm not sure if the mods were worth the trouble as I couldn't actually download them...

EDIT: I found a workaround. BugMeNot has a list of usernames and passwords for the site. Not all of them work but it's better than handing out emails to yet another site.

Top Secret Researcher
#3874 Old 27th Mar 2018 at 2:21 AM
Yes, that's the board. I'm not sure if the mods were worth the trouble as I couldn't actually download them...

EDIT: I found a workaround. BugMeNot has a list of usernames and passwords for the site. Not all of them work but it's better than handing out emails to yet another site.

Except when you finally find one that works, it's over its limit.
Mad Poster
#3875 Old 27th Mar 2018 at 2:27 AM
I had to go partway down the page to find one not over the limit.

Page 155 of 274