3 people viewing
Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#2776 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 6:11 PM
My merged PV (the original, not the updated one) has a bunch of people who'd like to become witches, following in the path of Olive Specter Curious (married to Vidcund) who is a witch. Problem is, they don't know her, and I don't think they really want to...Consort Capp got abducted several times by aliens, and had an alien spawn. The other half of the town wants him to get abducted again.
I think that's not a good sign of his popularity.
SimSample, that's a gorgeous alien neighborhood!

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2777 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 6:26 PM
Carlos Contender took his extended family on a long vacation in Twikkii Island and got, ahem, acquainted with a few of the locals and tourists. He also adopted an elderly stray cat named Noodle.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#2778 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 7:18 PM
I have always wanted my sims to adopt that cat, but I've never been able to do it. I had a dachsund named Noodle when I was growing up.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2779 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 7:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Palabooo
That is really neat. I've always wanted to play a themed neighbourhood sort of thing, but I've always been too lazy to set it up :/

Well, mine is just one lot at the moment... I have a place reserved for a beach lot in a crater, though. I made the terrain in SC4 by having a meteor strike disaster!

Quote: Originally posted by FranH
SimSample, that's a gorgeous alien neighborhood!

Thanks! It only looks good because of the CC. :lovestruc I'm playing it with 4 colonists in the bunker with the Blind Needs mod, which is a lot of fun!
Forum Resident
#2780 Old 23rd Jan 2018 at 6:25 AM
When, several months ago, General Buzz Grunt arrived in Pleasantview with two women in tow -- Darleen Dreamer and Bella Goth -- all the city was perplexed. Bella had been missing, but how did she get in Strangetown? And Darleen Dreamer was dead! Recently, however, another relatively new arrival was exposed as Skip Broke -- another Pleasantview citizen thought dead. Broke confessed that he and Darleen had faked their deaths to run away together, and would have gotten away with it if they hadn't kept in close contact with Bella. They didn't realize that Bella was the subject of a search. So far nothing has happened, because someone pointed out that faking one's death isn't technically illegal. It's rather a moot point, as Brandi Broke and Mortimer Goth married one another, and now Mortimer's passed on. If Brandi was outraged or hurt by Skip's running out, well - -she has several small children to take care of. Darren Dreamer still refuses to believe that Darleen is in fact Darleen. The question remains, however: how and why did Bella get to Strangetown?

A massive fire at Uresha Osha Cham claimed the life of a younger member, and gravely injured nearly everyone else. The kitchen has been completely ripped out and renovated, and named in memorial of the deceased student. UOC has definitely gone downhill since co-presidents Malcolm Landgraab and Jimmy Phoenix graduated for the real world. Tank Grunt hopes to instill a little more order when his turn as president rolls around.
Mad Poster
#2781 Old 23rd Jan 2018 at 7:29 PM
So the grandchildren in my hood are procreating. Five births today (my first long play session in a while

Born today: Carol and Carter Gieke; Brian and Brianna Picaso; Darren and Daniel Ottomas, Tersia and Tamara Traveller and Kiara Ramaswami!

Lots of celebrations to come
Forum Resident
#2782 Old 24th Jan 2018 at 8:50 AM
The Pleasantview ancestors are proof that their grandchildrens' tendency for drama is genetic. As soon as I started to play the four family apartment complex she lived in, Dacia Dreamer started to beat up her neighbors, beginning with Lina Darong (whose daughter her son is going to marry, so that'll be a fun wedding). The apartments only know peace when the Dreamer family is active, as soon as she's not controlled, Dacia will spend her days doing bubbles and beating people up in a drugged rage. Most sims love to see her fight, but her son always runs away crying. And here I thought the Dreamers were supposed to be one of the more stable families...
Forum Resident
#2783 Old 26th Jan 2018 at 7:54 AM
I wanted to put a chicken coop in one of my lots so I went to the Plummbob Keep and saw the news.

I closed my game for today =(
Mad Poster
#2784 Old 26th Jan 2018 at 12:46 PM
Hey, you accidentally had a single birth!

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#2785 Old 26th Jan 2018 at 1:24 PM
@smorbie1 - true, I did
Theorist
#2786 Old 26th Jan 2018 at 5:16 PM
So, in my beginning of Pleasantview Neighbourhood (again, well it's the only hood I play these days) Michael Bachelor married Chris Roomies (CAS Sim, loosely modeled after the Sims 1 Sim) and their relationship is...strange. They are both pure family Sims (though he's also a Warlock, like all Bachelors, but a very lazy one, who hardly knows any spells) and Chris is absolutely worshiping her husband, to an unusual degree even for family Sims, constantly rolling wants to kiss/flirt/woohoo with him, like she hardly ever wishes for anything else, and even then it's only for a moment until the wants to get busy with her husband return.
Michael meanwhile? Nope! He wants to build skills and play darts and befriend other sims. He doesn't even wish for whoohoo with her, just for "whoohoo in bed".
Might just be a result of being raised by two spell casters who are open practitioners of free love and polyamory...

It's quite funny to observe
Mad Poster
#2787 Old 27th Jan 2018 at 3:56 PM
I've always loved Jubilee Dodge (now Janacokova). She shows up in all my hoods, and I've defended her against any and all detractors. In this hood I've thought she and Barclay were sweet together and somehow, no matter what the Councils machinations, they always seem to end up back together. But it's only now that I've realized how profoundly stupid she is; they both are for that matter. One of the twins, Charlie, unexpectedly caught fire (It happens). Of course, Barclay burst into liturgical dance. I had to force him to stop to try to save his child. He finally did, but it was too late. Charlie died and grimmie was coming for her. I directed Barclay to plead for her. But, he thought it more important to fall into a heap on the floor and blublublub at his lips. I scanned over to Jubilee, the last and greatest hope. Jubilee, the great, the survivor, my heroine! Yeah, she had collapsed into a pile on the floor competing with Barclay for most reprehensible parent of the hood.

Field Researcher
#2788 Old 27th Jan 2018 at 8:19 PM
This was a rather sweet family meal scene so I thought I'd grab a pic and share. It's the Fortuna family from Four Corners. Bailey is older now and has gotten his wish for a bigger family. He made pancakes for everyone, although Fiona is upstairs cleaning the toilets and one of his adopted sons, BJ, is playing piano in the other room. Madison is off at college. Eating with him are alien twins Brock and Bianca, youngest son Jeremy, who's just started school, and older son Jihoon. BJ and Jihoon are both adopted. Everyone in this family seems to get along well and love each other, which is rare for me in the larger size families -- often there is at least one pair of kids who just doesn't get along. But the Fortunas are very sweet. :lovestruc
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#2789 Old 27th Jan 2018 at 8:40 PM
getting bored, I'm down to 3 hoods, and one is in process of mysterious die-off

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#2790 Old 28th Jan 2018 at 1:24 PM
Well, make a NEW hood, woman *stumbles off,mumbling to herself*

Instructor
#2791 Old 29th Jan 2018 at 7:41 PM
I may have to add another family in my small hood of Elgin. With only 20 sims (and 2 townies), everyone is slowly becoming related to each other. I should’ve known that think this would happen.

Mates are so non-existent in Elgin, that last night, I had a sim attempt to first kiss her sister’s boyfriend at least 10 times. It was embarrassing funny watching her get rejected time after time. If I don’t do something fast, everyone is going to be siblings and cousins at the same time.

There's no drama, like Sims drama.

Currently Playing: Sims 2 again!

Helptato
#2792 Old 29th Jan 2018 at 10:32 PM
Legacy family, the Redds are doing very well, the twins, Eloise and Callum grew into teens yesterday and the oldest, Jupe has just left for college which was actually quite sad! My founder, Emma is 6 days away from elder which I'm even more sad about cause I don't want to lose her. Hopefully I can get the timing right and she can see a grandchild born before she leaves us.

Curiously, I have (or had, as one is now a young adult) two romance sims in the same house. Eloise and Jupe really did not seem to get on when she first grew up and I had to break up a near fight!! He went off to college still furious with his sister which I thought was upsetting.

Speaking of college, Callum rolled lots of wants when he first grew up for various scholarships so he's definitely heading off soon. Eloise so far seems to be indifferent so we'll see.

Emma!

Simblr
[url=https://peanutbuttersandwich.dreamwidth.org/Dreamwidth[/url]
Mad Poster
#2793 Old 30th Jan 2018 at 3:31 AM
I've been playtesting a quick little challenge I wrote, and having a lot of fun.

I tried to upload it to the challenge part, but I don't know if it didn't go through or is waiting for moderator check, or what, so I hesitate to say too much in detail here. I do not love my internet: did it go through and I wait patiently, or did my ISP drop a crucial byte or three along the way? The cost of living in The Middle of Nowhere!

However, I have now seen "Fear of Adopting Child" rolled! And both butler and nanny potty training toddlers. However, for whatever reason, neither will feed the babies anymore. Feed toddlers, change all the diapers, but not feed the poor starving babies!

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Theorist
#2794 Old 30th Jan 2018 at 9:19 PM
Had three important weddings this rotation in my Beginning of Pleasantview Neighbourhood:

Left to Right; Bob and Betty Newbie, Herb and Coral Oldie, Jeff and Diane Pleasant. These are the young adult versions of the couples so they, of course don't look quite like the ones in Sims1/2 yet. But don't worry, there's years and years (or Sim days, as it were) for Bob to grow his beard out and for him and Jeff to lose their hair

This also means that Brandi, Mary-Sue and Daniel will be born somewhen towards the end of next rotation or, more likely the beginning of the one after that. The Brokes have already moved in across the street from Betty and Bob and had their first child, Ruby-Ann (I have decided to recreate most of the families from Sims 1, and over the Sims wiki I have found out about the Hatfield family, another Sims 1 family of rednecks who had a mother called Ruby-Ann) so while I don't like the Sims 3 version of things, I decided to include Ruby(-Ann) Broke to recreate the Hatfields. The third home in the growing trailer park, meanwhile is home to a CAS sim called Tony Hick, who'll marry Betty's younger sister and make her Mama Hick from Sims 1.
Forum Resident
#2795 Old 31st Jan 2018 at 1:38 AM
It didn't happen in my game but...in a dream. I wonder if it counts. It was terrifying.
My sims were just walking in their house and suddenly stops to have a baby. They didn't do any birthing animation with the plumbobs and all. The baby...just...appeared.
They hoisted it up with joy and carried it while they continued walking.
After that another sim in the lot did the same thing. It didn't matter what gender. And none of them were pregnany before giving birth! They just keep popping babies!
Next thing I know, my lot is overrun by infants! It won't end!!

NOw that I booted up my game, it seems, my pixel dolls don't have any desire to have children (Knowledge and Popularity). They kept rolling wants except have a baby.
Maybe, it was my subconscious wish that went overboard. OTL
Scholar
#2796 Old 31st Jan 2018 at 2:51 AM
Ajay Loner of Greater Pleasantview earned himself the title of Least Favourite Sim for this rotation when he decided to sell his cat. This was particularly despicable because poor little Sweets had just got home from work and collapsed in a small exhausted heap on the front lawn, not having the energy even to drag himself to the pet bed, and having been adopted just two days earlier was happily dreaming of having a family at last.

Ajay's really shot himself in the foot with his haste to make a quick buck, though. Even without a promotion, Sweets would have brought more home in a week than he was sold for, and Ajay's LTW to get six pets to the top of their career tracks is now in serious jeopardy.

I hope the Curious family will treat poor Sweets more kindly.
Mad Poster
#2797 Old 31st Jan 2018 at 11:58 AM
I freaking HATE Ajay now! What a horrible person. And he sold him to the Curious's? Scared for kitty

Mad Poster
#2798 Old 31st Jan 2018 at 12:57 PM
Oh, the Curious brothers are awesome, they will take good care of Sweets
Forum Resident
#2799 Old 31st Jan 2018 at 1:08 PM
testplaying while trying to fix the animations in my game... Meanwhile. Not much else than me starring on a sim constantly.

I build small houses *^*
Field Researcher
#2800 Old 31st Jan 2018 at 1:45 PM
Why did he decide to sell poor Sweets?
Page 112 of 351