Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Mar 2018 at 8:19 PM
Default Help! Please!
Help! I want to use the Nraas mods for my TS3 game. I am running in Windows 10 and I have a lot of CC installed as well as Into The Future, Generations, World Adevntures, Pets, and Seasons. Whenever I try to download a Nraas script mod, it downloads as a normal package file and doesn't say ".sims3pack" at the end of the file name. I tried putting this in my mods folder anyway and it didn't work. I don't know what to do, I have an old Windows 7 laptop that I could try to run TS3 on but Origin doesn't run on that. I feel like i'm out of options. Oh also, on my Windows 10 laptop, there's a thin white transparent layer over my sim's torso, arms, hands, and legs and my pets are always 100% black except for the whites of their eyes. I feel like something's wrong since I am running on a 4GB Ram Windows 10 laptop. Please help me!!!
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 16th Mar 2018 at 9:25 PM
NRaas mods are all in .package format; far as I know, it doesn't even offer .sims3pack format. That's all I can help you with.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 16th Mar 2018 at 9:49 PM
Do you have other packages in your game? Do you have the right resource file, etc?
Mad Poster
#4 Old 16th Mar 2018 at 10:12 PM
Mods for TS3, meaning files that change game behavior and are not custom content, are always package files. NRaas mods are no different. Here is how to work with mods and package based content, it's the same for all versions of Windows including Win 10 (and Mac, even).
http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...Setup_and_Files

Win 10 with 4 GB of RAM is awfully tight, there might not be enough to run the game properly. But probably more important would be does this laptop have a dedicated graphics card? The black skinned pets are usually a sign of insufficient hardware; the heaviest hitting EPs like Pets and Seasons practically demand a dedicated card of sufficient strength.