Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Jun 2018 at 4:11 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Supernatural, Seasons
Default Help getting a cc world into CAW
For some reason, no matter what world I try, I can never get them into CAW and save even following the first method in the instructions from this thread. I've tried with several worlds including EA's Monte Vista and Aurora Skies as well as various custom ones like Northeney, Saaqartoq, Mesa Grande, and Salmon Woods. In the picture below, it shows the error message when trying to save after using the first method to get Strawberry Acres, a custom world, into CAW.

There's always an error similar to this when trying to save. This doesn't occur in worlds that I start myself in CAW or from the CAW files from Cawster which provides CAW files for EA worlds.
Does anyone have any solutions?
Advertisement
In the Arena
retired moderator
#2 Old 10th Jun 2018 at 9:24 AM
If cc world failed, can I confirm that your attempts following 1st method on an EP/base game world was a success?
Remember that Store worlds need an additional step with the recompressorizer, while you shouldn't have an issue with any EP or base game world.
So, if the 1st method fails, have you tested with the 2nd method? Same results?
If you want, pls detail ALL the steps you took in following the "1st method". There's either a misstep or a wrong/incomplete step somewhere. Since it happens on all cc worlds you attempted this with. (assuming answer to my 1st qn is a success)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Jun 2018 at 3:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ellacharmed
If cc world failed, can I confirm that your attempts following 1st method on an EP/base game world was a success?
Remember that Store worlds need an additional step with the recompressorizer, while you shouldn't have an issue with any EP or base game world.
So, if the 1st method fails, have you tested with the 2nd method? Same results?
If you want, pls detail ALL the steps you took in following the "1st method". There's either a misstep or a wrong/incomplete step somewhere. Since it happens on all cc worlds you attempted this with. (assuming answer to my 1st qn is a success)

Thanks for the reply! I think I figured it out, I was just clicking save, not save as once I got into CAW. I really need to read the instructions on things more closely lol.