Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Jun 2018 at 11:38 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Late Night, Generations, Showtime, Supernatural, University Life, Into the Future
Default Converting save file into a world
So I was following a particular tutorial to doing what the title implies. Though I'm stuck and confused at Step #1, because I don't know the height of what the world of the choice I picked (not mine, It's downloaded from somwhere) and what file I should import. Help?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Jun 2018 at 12:20 AM
Sucks. I really want to convert it so I can turn into a city instead of a suburb :/

Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 18th Jun 2018 at 6:36 AM Last edited by Norn : 18th Jun 2018 at 8:17 AM.
Only the creator knows the height and I wouldn't know of a way to get that information from the files. So it's trial and error. Most people use height of 300 so I'd start there. If the terrain looks a bit off, try 200 etc. Unless it's a really flat tropical island world, then you could start with 100 and work your way up.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#6 Old 18th Jun 2018 at 8:53 AM
May I ask why you want to convert the world from save and not the world itself?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 18th Jun 2018 at 2:41 PM
Because the world started was empty, and now that the save includes buildings (just clubs, bars and lounges) and playable sims in their resided house that is the only residential land in the world, I realized I need to change that into a city (since commercial lots empty, no fake traffic, etc.) without having to go through replotting down lots down again and evict the family.

Thanks Nort. I'll try contacting and inquire from the creator fir that detail.

Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#8 Old 18th Jun 2018 at 5:48 PM
Have you already played that save? Because it might very well be worth the test to see whether changing the world itself to city might actually apply properly to an unplayed save.
This is still Sunset Valley, isn't it?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#9 Old 18th Jun 2018 at 8:08 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 18th Jun 2018 at 8:56 PM.
No, a new one. Though I might try that-- once how I figure out how though. Gosh, instructions are unclear, help?

ETA: I think it worked! The Save file seems to have changed the logo/icon of a city and a random taxi pull over near my home lot. I'll see where this goes, so a big thanks to you!