Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#76 Old 1st Apr 2011 at 11:08 AM Last edited by michelleswan : 1st Apr 2011 at 11:25 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Simrecruit
You CAN edit...
If you select a sims just so you can send them to CAS or change their traits but dont

Ok can you describe how you're sending them to CAS? Did you mean you simply add them to your family and then send to a dresser? Cause that's not the full CAS, just clothes and hair.

I did everything you mentioned and I'm not seeing an Edit in CAS option. Shift+Right click adds or removes a sim from the quest list/family list. Shift+Left click brings up a menu and none of the options listed sends the sim back to CAS. Although I can change their traits with one of the options.

I have four sims with the blue eye bug that I wish to edit back to the correct eye color. I'll probably just do new sims on my next kingdom then import my old sims and relevel them using the debug cheat. When I do that I'll repair their eyes. Since it seems like there won't be a true Edit in CAS option until someone makes a mod

thanks for the help.

Definately like Inhuman's way of thinking. I too would like a method to make all the guards male as well as make the game more true-Dark Ages rather than Disney Ren-faire. Inhuman, have you ever played a game called Mount & Blade? It has some elements of the Sims (relationship meter) but goes way further in terms of the relationship thing. Choosing who to get married with is also very critical. Your lineage is actually taken into account as well as her family and eloping can be really really bad. The politics can be incredible.

A free unlocked camera mod would definately help my carpal tunnel. Everytime I go to the castle my camera locks up and it takes quite a bit of finageling to get it free. It's also a nightmare when sims chat under a doorway to a building as the camera goes crazy and you can't even zoom up to your sims.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#77 Old 1st Apr 2011 at 4:52 PM
I want a mod that remove every "Rabbithole".
I hate it when there only pop up a boring message like : You Killed a Bear...
It have to be a mod that shows what your sim do in the forest or in the cave not only this fucked up message
Test Subject
#78 Old 1st Apr 2011 at 10:55 PM
Right now I'd like a mod that would remove the current limit on children that a female can have. My queen has 3 kids and is currently on the quest to have another one and she's been woohooing over and over and still won't get pregnant. I ended up reading somewhere that it's supposedly a 2 child limit but mine has 3.
Eminence Grise
#79 Old 2nd Apr 2011 at 3:09 AM Last edited by Srikandi : 2nd Apr 2011 at 3:27 AM.
I'd like a mod that finishes my game as soon as I've reached the platinum level of my ambition, instead of making me spend all my quest points I keep thinking I'm done and then realizing I have to play six more quests, like it or not, so I can check it off and move on.

I guess I could get there using Treeag's ambitions unlocker, but that feels too cheat to me ><
Test Subject
#80 Old 2nd Apr 2011 at 4:10 AM
A "be able to purchase everything" mod that forgoes crafting and trading requirements, for those instances when my inventory is entirely lost.
Test Subject
#81 Old 2nd Apr 2011 at 7:39 AM Last edited by Simrecruit : 2nd Apr 2011 at 8:20 AM.
@michelleswan go to the forth post down, (Treeag) theres a CAS mod out now, when your in game just click on a sim to send them to CAS, sorry I have only just got back to you, heres the link:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...5#startcomments

Update, this mod works in all ways so you can send them to CAS change eyes, hair sex, name etc, BUT it reverts the NPC's back to wearing their everyday default clothes, so just send them to a wardrobe, if you have the debugenabler mod, you can control any sim in game (kids too) so you can send any sim to wardrobe, it also allows you to shift + click and have 4 sims controlled at once, you can control more, but the panel only shows 4 at a time.
Giblets for hire
#82 Old 2nd Apr 2011 at 8:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
I'd like a mod that finishes my game as soon as I've reached the platinum level of my ambition, instead of making me spend all my quest points I keep thinking I'm done and then realizing I have to play six more quests, like it or not, so I can check it off and move on.

I guess I could get there using Treeag's ambitions unlocker, but that feels too cheat to me ><
You can do this by starting a quest, using the console to setQP 0, then quitting the quest.
Eminence Grise
#83 Old 2nd Apr 2011 at 10:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rick
You can do this by starting a quest, using the console to setQP 0, then quitting the quest.

Ah, yeah that should work, thanks!
Test Subject
#84 Old 2nd Apr 2011 at 12:10 PM
Apart from all being said before, I really would like some sanity check with sims autonomy. For example, my blacksmith, which is btw lvl 10 and can craft lots of nice stuff, simply drank up 2 Watched waters, 1 Devine and before that 4 Consecrated waters. However he did have 42 bottles of regular, pure and healthy well waters, but somehow he decide to go for water you cannot obtain unless you are on quest with Jacobian priest. That really bugs me since Watched water is used to make swords.
I mean I like autonomy in sims, but if hes going to drink my Watched blessed water, then I presume he can make Doomswords on its own as well, right?
Forum Resident
#85 Old 2nd Apr 2011 at 2:34 PM
Theres a few other minor things I would like to see modded.

1. Sim titles.
These are really daft as it is now, the monarch has the title of king at some point, and at the highest level emperor. Now I know that the USA is not a monarchy, but I would expect a US company to at least know how it works. It would likely be best if no indication of king or emperor would be given, so it is left to the player's imagination wether the monarch is a king, emperor or something else. Just something like Lord (name) the great would be fine at the highest level.

I am not happy about the knight titles either, at the heighest level they are commander. Just doesnt work for me either. Can't they just be sir or lady for all levels, with their last name displayed as well considering how important this would be to nobility?

Wizards seem to become sorcerers at level 10, perhaps I played too much Neverwinter Nights where wizards and sorcerers have vast differences, but this just seems weird to me as well. Perhaps archmage would be more sensible?

2. Armor customisation chest.
A modified chest that doesnt modify clothes, but armor. Only useable by characters that can wear armor to prevent possible conflicts. If only we could change the color and the ability to choose between using a helmet or not, that would already make quite a difference. Being able to pick the appearance from all armors would be even better.
Lab Assistant
#86 Old 2nd Apr 2011 at 8:10 PM
Progress indicators.

One for the quests so you had a clue how far along the quest you were (not just what your focus level was) and one that let you know what your progress was for the Watcher Achievements (either on the entry itself or when you hovered over the entry).
Alchemist
#87 Old 2nd Apr 2011 at 9:29 PM
Birth control. I know, reliable birth control in the middle ages is not realistic, but since they strayed so far from realism in so many other areas, they could have retained the different 'woohoo' and 'try for baby' interactions.
Test Subject
#88 Old 2nd Apr 2011 at 10:53 PM
Quote:
I am not happy about the knight titles either, at the heighest level they are commander. Just doesnt work for me either. Can't they just be sir or lady for all levels, with their last name displayed as well considering how important this would be to nobility?

Wizards seem to become sorcerers at level 10, perhaps I played too much Neverwinter Nights where wizards and sorcerers have vast differences, but this just seems weird to me as well. Perhaps archmage would be more sensible?

The wizard in TSM is closer to a true D&D 3.5 sorcerer, so I feel the title fits. Take Everquest for example, the wizard class became sorcerer at 60.

I think the reason why the Knight gets the commander title is because he's captain of the guards. I'd think Knight-Captain would have been more suitable. I don't know about Sir/Lady, since that title can be granted to someone not neccessarily involved with the military arm of a monarchy. It's an honorary title and not a badge of office, where as Knight-Captain or Knight-Commander is an actual office which I pressume our knights in TSM are filling.
Forum Resident
#89 Old 2nd Apr 2011 at 11:10 PM
I am not sure about the title of knights though, these days its granted to every hobo and the title holds no meaning, but in the medieval age it did mean something.

Knight-Commander could work I suppose, just commander sounds too modern to me. Considering that you can't do anything with the guards it makes me wonder what exactly hes supposed to command though.
Instructor
#90 Old 3rd Apr 2011 at 12:48 AM
Mods I would like to see:

1) no children limit. Seriously, let's at least try to pretend this game is Medieval, right?
2) bigger / different shells. Shells are the buildings. This will probably be a long way down the road yet but it's definitely something I want. A selection of various designs would be lovely, you'd only have to slap the proper rabbithole id on it. I really thought you could upgrade your houses, but nope. So ... not enough space, weird camera angles, bleh designs, just bleh.
3) Assign any profession to any Sim, especially NPC professions.
4) beat some sense into TSM and allow multiple heroes of the same profession without horrible buginess of unassigned buildings.
5) "banish from kingdom", "send away" ... that was a brilliant idea. An easy, non-lethal way to get rid of unwanted Sims.
6) Option to save a Sim into the Sim Bin when editing them with treeag's CAS enabler. I found TSM kiddies *do* have genetics and resemble their parents when adults but there is no way I can save them to pretend they take over later.
7) More hunting. Preferably autonomous hunting. Death to gruel!
8) More autonomous actions in general. I want to click my wizard and select "collect herbs" or whatever and off he'd go instead of me clicking every single plant.
9) TS3 harvestables brought into TSM. No apples trees? What?

... oh, and all the other stuff. So much I can think of. But those would be the most essential things to me. Erm. Yeah, I have high expectations.
Instructor
#91 Old 3rd Apr 2011 at 2:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Winterhart
Johna's and Delphy's, and Bella's sliders work in Medieval. I got permission from Jonha to link to some sliders that are not released yet.

Oh WOW! You should post these in the existing cheats-thread, so more people have the chance of finding them

"The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory. "
Forum Resident
#92 Old 3rd Apr 2011 at 3:04 PM
I keep finding more stuff that would be great for mods.

1. More outfits with a longsword attached for knights.
While they wouldnt wear their armor all the time, I would expect them to carry their sword around whenever they are doing some duties for the kingdom. A knightly costume is actually unlocked when you reach the first watcher level, but for some daft reason it is not available to knights. I'd like to see this one and several others available for knights. The knight outfits used on stage during a bard's play should be available to knights at the very least. Its rediculous that even bards can look more like knights than the knights themselves.

2. Books that actually look medieval.
Certainly I am not the only one that noticed this? the books look very modern, some seem to be copied straight from sims3 even. Its only a minor nuisance of course, but its a little thing that I would love to see fixed. Engraved seals on leather books could still clearly show what kind of book it is.

3. Limited forging for knights.
Considering that mages can craft their own staf, it seems only fair that knights can at least craft some basic swords. They could need to rely on store bought metals and such for it.

4. greatly reduce the chance of autonomous lute playing.
Maybe bards could be made to favor the stage instead of pop up at the most inconvenient of places to get people to dance. Jesters probably shouldnt be able to play the lute or should be removed completely.

5. Sensible bandits.
In a low security kingdom there are a lot of bandits, who also tend to threaten and fight each other. Thats fine, but it leaves them often seriously wounded. Also nothing wrong with that, no honour amongst thieves and all that, but they shouldnt try to rob people when they are wearing bandages. Realisticly,they wouldnt be able to rob even a peacefull peteran priest in that stage.
Bandits also often tend to visit the castle at times for casual conversation. Does not make sense either.

6. Knightly helmets available as headwear for knights.
Yep, again a suggestion for knights. If only they werent so neglected compared to all other classes. Only a soldier's helmet seems available to them while a more knightly helmet could help to make them stand apart even when wearing the guard uniform.

7. working peasants.
This would be more difficult, but perhaps some bushes and the gather herbs animation could be used. If possible, acces to the castle could be limited to NPC proffesions that would be reasonable visitors, such as Earls, Maidens, Jewelers and such but not peasants, bandits, assistant pigkeepers and such. Maybe rabbit holes could be created for them?

8. All guards receiving constable functions.
This would add some more realism, since right now they arent guarding anything.

9. Allow customisation in front of the castle.
Not even with buydebug is this available sadly enough.

10. no automatic decrease of jaboban fear, peteran popularity and vassal loyalties.
Its a pain right now since you cant controll those priests all the time and often will be playing NPC's that can't do anything about vassal loyalty.

11. More outfits available for NPC's.
While they have quite some available, its rather generic that they all use the same set. Some more leniency would be appreciated.

12. change threaten animation to use equipped sword.
For some reason a poor quality sword is used for this animation instead of their equipped sword.

13. Replace kingball court with something usefull.
Maybe a duplicate of a hero building could be placed here for testing, which could maybe effectively allow two heroes of the same kind to exist? Or perhaps a public building could be placed here, like a small theater where the bard can perform.
Alchemist
#93 Old 3rd Apr 2011 at 3:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inhuman One
I keep finding more stuff that would be great for mods.

13. Replace kingball court with something usefull.
Maybe a duplicate of a hero building could be placed here for testing, which could maybe effectively allow two heroes of the same kind to exist? Or perhaps a public building could be placed here, like a small theater where the bard can perform.

The kingball court is actually required and used for one of the quests to annex a territory. So replacing it with something else would ruin your ability to complete that quest.
Test Subject
#94 Old 3rd Apr 2011 at 3:52 PM
Default I Would Like to See
I was hoping before the game came out that we would have the build functionality of TS3.
Lab Assistant
#95 Old 3rd Apr 2011 at 7:55 PM Last edited by garghuul : 3rd Apr 2011 at 9:37 PM. Reason: redacting
I miss my green, red, blue and purple people as well. And the skin-tone slider.

My second biggest "want" would be an interactive "chest" object next to the Ship that allows merchant sims to access the Ship Hold directly, instead of wasting time walking on and off the gangplank. Even allowing drag and drop of items.

Which brings me to #3: "Storage" chests that actually store things, instead of acting as improbably small wardrobes.

Spoiling ingredients would be nice, I spent my first few days of play-time stocking larders with meat thinking it might go bad if I left it in my inventory. I swear I read that it was supposed to happen somewhere, but I can't for the life of me remember where.

Distant fifth would be quest fixes and clarifications of in-game text, as I have a sinking feeling it may be quite some time before EA gets around to those. I think Peteran "Somber" and "Humorous" sermons got swapped, the flock seems to hate humorous and laugh a lot at somber.

Bizarrely I feel like one could mod Sims 3 WA for a better experience, allowing you to build your own castles and so on. TSM is not a bad game, it just feels comparatively shallow.

P.S. Caged Dire Chinchillas in colors other than black and glowy red. Or even un-caged ones, animated or not.
Lab Assistant
#96 Old 3rd Apr 2011 at 9:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jbeach34
Here's another one that needs to be STOPPED!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Dueling in the middle of a wedding?!?! And she's the queen and supposed to be witnessing at this shendig!!!!

Perhaps some sort of "No dueling zone" for the churches... I hate losing the congregation to a pair of kids whacking each other with sticks. We can call it the "Highlander rules" mod....
Mind you giving the "Entertained" buff to people who watch sword fights would be good, otherwise I'm not sure what the point is.
Forum Resident
#97 Old 3rd Apr 2011 at 9:58 PM
Sorry if this was already mention!

I would kill for a slider multiplier, you know, for example the 5x slider mod with Awesomemod, or aWT's or Drakah's Slider Hack for Sims 3?

~ Guysim's Behance Profile ~

"When This baby goes 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious !*@#"
- Doctor Emment Brown A.K.A Doc, Back To The Future
Test Subject
#98 Old 4th Apr 2011 at 5:04 AM
1. Age the kids up to adult. I don't care if there is a pretty camera cutscene for it, I don't care if they twist around in wonder or clap or if anyone blows annoying little horns. ;-) I just want POOF a sudden adult if that's even possible. At least give me the illusion that my kidlets can become more than pack mules. My physician just had a "lil wizard" that takes after his daddy. It'd be neat if he could do wizardy things, anyway. Pretend to study, something.

2. Unlock all outfits for every type of person in CAS. And for the love of god some NEW user made outfits for CAS. I named my priestess Crysania and would have liked a similar outfit to the one of her you see on the cover of Time of the Twins (Dragonlance), but everything's kinda grubby (Peteran...).

3. I'm getting the impression from reading this forum that wives and so on don't become selectable once they marry? It'd be nice to be able to do that without some cheating fanfare. :-D

4. Some sort of newspaper, something that tells the daily deals so that my silly merchant doesn't have to traipse to the village to find out, come home, then go aaaaaaalllllll the way back to purchase said goods. Yeesh!
Instructor
#99 Old 4th Apr 2011 at 6:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RuseGryffindor
1. Age the kids up to adult. I don't care if there is a pretty camera cutscene for it, I don't care if they twist around in wonder or clap or if anyone blows annoying little horns. ;-) I just want POOF a sudden adult if that's even possible. At least give me the illusion that my kidlets can become more than pack mules. My physician just had a "lil wizard" that takes after his daddy. It'd be neat if he could do wizardy things, anyway. Pretend to study, something.

2. Unlock all outfits for every type of person in CAS. And for the love of god some NEW user made outfits for CAS. I named my priestess Crysania and would have liked a similar outfit to the one of her you see on the cover of Time of the Twins (Dragonlance), but everything's kinda grubby (Peteran...).

3. I'm getting the impression from reading this forum that wives and so on don't become selectable once they marry? It'd be nice to be able to do that without some cheating fanfare. :-D

4. Some sort of newspaper, something that tells the daily deals so that my silly merchant doesn't have to traipse to the village to find out, come home, then go aaaaaaalllllll the way back to purchase said goods. Yeesh!

You can grow kids up with the "edit in CAS" mod. It's a bit tricky because they might show up deformed at first, but after a while they become "normal" adults, but yes, a specific mod for this would be cool. You can unlock all the outfits in CAS using the "disableclothingfilter on" cheat, and there's a mod that permanently enables this function too. Haven't seen the Time of Twins cover, but there's a couple of sexy numbers in there that might be suitable. And you can select any Sim by shift-right clicking on them, but, yeah, spouses are a bit lame in the game, it would be great if they were more active and even (why not?) participate in quests.

"Deep down I'm pretty superficial"

Test Subject
#100 Old 4th Apr 2011 at 7:37 AM
Call me crazy, but I'd love to see a bathroom bar. I know, it's handy not to have to tinkle all the time, but...I kinda miss the constant barrage of bathroom breaks.

Also - a replacement for the sword on the spy. I was thinking a staff, or maybe a dagger.
Page 4 of 23