Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Feb 2019 at 4:12 AM
Default Increase in Site Count on ModTheSim Forums?
Hi. This question is more of a curious observation, and one that I throught would be of interest to some others.

Lately, I noticed an increase in the number of visitors viewing The Sim forums. It looks like it either doubled or tripled, as seen here:

Is this accurate that there's more people viewing ModTheSims? If so, where would they be coming from? Was there a major forum about The Sims that closed down recently, or some news story on the Internet that's bringing people here?
Screenshots

Check out my latest version of Superman's Classic Uniform for The Sims 2.
See what images I have posted on DeviantArt as well related to The Sims 2 and designs.
Also check out My Website to see my superhero uniform creations for The Sims 2. THANKS!!!
Advertisement
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#2 Old 10th Feb 2019 at 10:12 AM
Hi there

Interesting to note this. There has been an uptick in the total number of visitors on the site as of the past 10-11 days or so, as evidenced here.

I don't keep track of other sites though so I couldn't say why it's happening. . Thanks for noticing it though!

(Also, wow, you still use classic? :P)

T.
Screenshots

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Feb 2019 at 8:53 PM
Neat, so there was an uptick in visitors. Hopefully not all bots, lol.

Yeah, I still use the classic version of the website. I feel like the newer version of the website continues to be lacking....as if it's still incomplete. Since I'm able to choose from either look, I continue using the classic version.

I prefered compressed lines of text when reading posts versus the expanded version on the newer site.
I also feel the buttons below posts are out of place, versus the old version where the buttons are in the posts.
I also think having some background image of something Sims related would have been helpful in a newer version of the forums.

I do like the benefit of the newer forum shrinking the size of the images to fit forum posts, though.

But I digress.

Check out my latest version of Superman's Classic Uniform for The Sims 2.
See what images I have posted on DeviantArt as well related to The Sims 2 and designs.
Also check out My Website to see my superhero uniform creations for The Sims 2. THANKS!!!
dodgy builder
#4 Old 11th Feb 2019 at 7:50 AM
That is interesting, because I think it's rather quiet these days.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#5 Old 11th Feb 2019 at 8:48 AM
Could be someone just hammering it with a script. I think the threads store a visit for a while after the visitor has moved to another thread.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#6 Old 11th Feb 2019 at 11:41 AM
Yes, but only for 15 minutes which wouldn't explain why it's consistent, and not a single spike but a trend upward over time (as the graph shows).

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Forum Resident
#7 Old 6th Aug 2019 at 2:48 AM
Changed thread category to Solved/Answered