Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Feb 2019 at 9:16 AM
Default Account Verification either deleted or put in spam
I have a pretty new account, but have been on the site many times over the years. Today was the first time a actually logged in and went to comment, Favorite, and Subscribe to the creators of the mods I had after receiving a Last Exception Error from a few immediately after opening the game, and I wanted to let the creators know -undoubtedly it was from the new patch, but it didn't show up for me until today. But every time I tried to Favorite/Sub/Reply I was met with "SimmingSinceTheBeginning, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
1.If you are trying to access a download, it may have been removed by the Creator or by the Staff for policy violations or a number of other reasons.
2.Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
3.If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account from accessing this area.

I went through the forum threads and found one talking about this issue and that the reason was because of a missed Verification email. I cant recall seeing one - the welcome to ModTheSims email I remember- but the verification one may have been put in spam or I just didn't see it and deleted it while cleaning out my inbox by mistake.

So, would I be able to be sent a new one, or will I have to delete this account and make it over again? Hopefully the latter doesn't happen!

Thanks.
Advertisement
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#2 Old 10th Feb 2019 at 10:14 AM
Hi there

I have resent the activation codes to you. Please let me know if you don't get them. Also, as a side note, I'll add a task to change the "no permission" page to also do a check to see if the user has not activated the email link yet, and if so, display a different message.

Thanks!
T

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Feb 2019 at 10:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tashiketh
Hi there

I have resent the activation codes to you. Please let me know if you don't get them. Also, as a side note, I'll add a task to change the "no permission" page to also do a check to see if the user has not activated the email link yet, and if so, display a different message.

Thanks!
T

Thank you for the quick reply @Tashiketh. I received the varification email, It was indeed in the spam folder, it said I was now verified and I tested it out by using a follow.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#4 Old 10th Feb 2019 at 2:38 PM
Good to see it worked!

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#5 Old 10th Feb 2019 at 2:38 PM
Changed thread category to Solved/Answered