Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Jul 2017 at 2:02 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Apartment Life
Default Sims 2 Ultimate Collection / Store Edition launching difficulties
I've been playing the Sims 2 for about six or seven years now on the same disk of the Sims 2 Double Deluxe I first got, but unfortunately (for reasons I'm not entirely sure of, though I suspect wear and tear) recently my disk drive hasn't been reading the disk, at all. If I insert it into the disk drive it isn't recognized and the game doesn't launch as a result. I did have the Ultimate Collection on Origin, which I didn't download before because I just... never bothered, so I decided to give that a shot. It downloaded alright but my saved games wouldn't show up. I went through this tutorial because Store Edition seemed to be the issue and it looked like it was going to work fine (although I should note that in my Program Data(x86) I didn't have a Store Edition folder - I got the EP99 files from the Double Deluxe folder, because they were included in there when I initially installed the game, although after some research it doesn't seem like that's always the case?) until I tried to launch the game from the new shortcut, at which point it asked me to insert the original Sims 2 Double Deluxe CD... the very thing I'd installed the Ultimate Collection to try to avoid.

Is there anything I can do to get my game launched, or am I probably going to have to get a new disk?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 3rd Jul 2017 at 3:14 AM
I don't know about getting store edition to work, but Chris Hatch posted about getting saved neighborhoods to work without it in post #9 here: http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=596152

Unfortunately my only suggestion for getting the game to open is to reinstall and not add store edition? Maybe someone else has a better idea.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 3rd Jul 2017 at 7:26 AM
Do you still have both versions installed? Because that can lead to launch problems.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 3rd Jul 2017 at 9:22 AM
UC and the Store Edition don't work together - although there are ways to force them, some problems remain.

Most of the store items (since the store does not exist any longer) can be downloaded elsewhere.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 3rd Jul 2017 at 12:21 PM
You are supposed to uninstall your disk version first before installing the UC version. You can't have the same game installed twice and have them play properly. Without the Store Addition none of your hoods will show up. If you want to play the UC make sure all files from your disk game is uninstalled then you will need to start of fresh with the UC.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#6 Old 3rd Jul 2017 at 1:24 PM
Jo is right.
If you bought the Store Edition, it may still show in your Origin account (we had this before). You still can't use them together.