Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Sep 2017 at 4:50 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets
Default TS2 on High Sierra... your last chance to play TS2 on Mac OSX!
In case anyone was wondering, TS2 works fine on the latest OSX 10.13 - High Sierra still supports most, though not all 32bit applications. However, the next generation OSX will be 64bit only, so any 32bit applications you have will be kaput from OSX 10.14 (due early 2018).
If you're currently running OSX 10.12 Sierra, I advise you to stick with it; High Sierra brings little to the party and, as said, might not fully support your 32bit applications. But before deciding whether to install High Sierra or not, Google for a list of applications it doesn't fully support, just in case, and back up your entire system on TimeMachine before upgrading. Good luck!
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 29th Sep 2017 at 9:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by deathBYflies
In case anyone was wondering, TS2 works fine on the latest OSX 10.13 - High Sierra still supports most, though not all 32bit applications. However, the next generation OSX will be 64bit only, so any 32bit applications you have will be kaput from OSX 10.14 (due early 2018).
If you're currently running OSX 10.12 Sierra, I advise you to stick with it; High Sierra brings little to the party and, as said, might not fully support your 32bit applications. But before deciding whether to install High Sierra or not, Google for a list of applications it doesn't fully support, just in case, and back up your entire system on TimeMachine before upgrading. Good luck!

I am still running El Capitan, and I am not intending on upgrading any time soon. If I have too I will buy a new iMac and keep this one, so that I can continue to run El Capitan and play The Sims 2. As far as I know there is little that Sierra would bring to my somewhat older iMac of Mid 2011. The good news is that Macs last a long time.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.