Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Feb 2018 at 11:44 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Loading up sim crashes game.
Hi,

I've been googling this issue for a while but I am not coming up with much. My game has been running smoothly for days I am so happy to be back to the sims 2. But I am running into a little problem. I am using Phae's Phone Directory mod, which is working fine and it has been working fine for years so I doubt it's the mod that is the problem. The issue is that when I get to page 4 in the directory the game crashes. Without fail on page 4. There must be a sim thumbnail or something on page 4 that my game can't handle. Is there a way I can troubleshoot this or fix it somehow? I really need to use this mod to get in touch with specific sims without spending an eternity trying to run into them as they don't want to come over through the school bus. >

Thank you again for reading and trying to help!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 27th Feb 2018 at 12:37 PM
Delete your cache files, and try again. Start with that if you didn't already.
Oh and...Welcome back!

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Feb 2018 at 12:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
Delete your cache files, and try again. Start with that if you didn't already.
Oh and...Welcome back!

Aww thank you! I didn't think of that and after reading your post I almost 100% thought that would be the problem. But alas, after deleting the crashes and restarting, the same issue persists on page 4, so strange.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 27th Feb 2018 at 1:13 PM
Ok. I would still delete the Thumbnails, maybe not all of them in that folder, but at least CASThumbnails. Just in case.
Most probably, a certain sim is causing this, but you thought about that!. I wonder if loading your Neighborhood in SimPE, then sim browser, would give you any idea of which sim is it though?

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th Feb 2018 at 3:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
Ok. I would still delete the Thumbnails, maybe not all of them in that folder, but at least CASThumbnails. Just in case.
Most probably, a certain sim is causing this, but you thought about that!. I wonder if loading your Neighborhood in SimPE, then sim browser, would give you any idea of which sim is it though?

Thank you for trying to help me so much! I actually kept playing and ignored the issue for a while but began crashing elsewhere. So i decided it was time to just do what I should have done in the beginning. Installed the clean hood versions and deleted all maxi sims in the game (the clean way).

Hopefully, now any sim related issue should be gone and I can continue playing the game without that looming fear of soon...soon the corruption begins.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 27th Feb 2018 at 3:18 PM
Good decision, I'd say!
You are welcome.

Test Subject
#7 Old 27th Feb 2018 at 10:16 PM
Are you using Ultimate Collection? If so, everyone is having an issue with this because of the new Origin and Windows 10 update. There is no found solution yet, unfortunately.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 27th Feb 2018 at 10:19 PM
It could be something that a certain sim is wearing, like a hair. The best test is remove all other CC and just try the phone book.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~