Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Mar 2018 at 7:56 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Sims 2 Random crashing, have tried everything.

So I am at my wit's end. I thought I had my game working after I applied the fix on Leefish's forum for the windows 10 issue. But after about three hours of game play I got a random crash while at the skating rink on a date. If anyone could please help me, I would forever grateful.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 29th Mar 2018 at 8:28 PM
Noticed something interesting:

"System memory: 2048 Megabytes total, 2048 Megabytes free."

Do you have the 4GB patch? (It's the same as the CFF Explorer method mentioned elsewhere, but a few less clicks.) By default the game can only access 2GB of memory, and if it goes over it can crash.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 12:48 AM
well I did patch with the 4GB patch a while ago, but maybe it was reversed somehow. I will try that again and see what happens
Field Researcher
#4 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 7:17 AM
Error 0xe06d7363 is a run-time error.
Some solutions here: http://www.errorlive.com/error-code-0xe06d7363
To get more explanations google for Exception code: 0xE06D7363
Mad Poster
#5 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 8:24 AM
Oh god, not one of those fake "troubleshooting" sites that only wants you to install their fake system cleaner that ends up breaking things (I've seen one of them delete half of the Windows registry, no joke). All of that advice aside from installing the fake software is just basic troubleshooting in general for any error.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Field Researcher
#6 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 9:06 AM
Do you mean recommendations on running chkdsk and sfc/scannow are bad advice?
Mad Poster
#7 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 10:04 PM
No, but it's quite generic advice and could apply to almost any error. The site is also heavily pushing for you to install its software.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 2nd Apr 2018 at 4:19 AM
yeah I did all the sfc stuff and it didn't help. I patched with the 4gig again and its seems to be working. So far....
Test Subject
#9 Old 1st Jul 2018 at 11:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TheSimSariah
yeah I did all the sfc stuff and it didn't help. I patched with the 4gig again and its seems to be working. So far....

Have you come across this issue since applying the 4gb patch? I'm having the same problem... Had 2 types of crashes randomly happening, this one and 0xC0000005 (-1073741819) ACCESS_VIOLATION. I think (or rather hope) I was able to fix the access violation with something from leefish for increasing the texture memory, but the 0xE06D7363 error still happenened after that...