Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#76 Old 8th Dec 2006 at 10:49 PM
Hi this happened a while ago, details are below-

Operating system Microsoft XP Home Edition
Computer specs 3.0 Ghz processor
Games Base game, University, Night Life, Holiday Party Pack, Open for Business, Pets
Details of Neighbourhood I lost Plesentview but Veronaville and Strangetown were okay." I mostly played Plesentview at the time but i would sometimes play Strangetown and Veronaville

Neighbourhood File details The files are all there and I can see all the content but N001 is the only Pleasantview, N002 is Strangetown, N003 is Veronaville, and N004 is empty.

Sim PE Investigation: WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?

What changed on your system immediately before the corruption:
Nothing unusual happened I closed the game and wait 5/10 minutes before I shut the computer down, and the next time I went to play, possibly the next day it was gone!

Any other relevant information: I don't know if this will help but it happened a weel or so after I installed Open for Business

Thankyou so much
Advertisement
Test Subject
#77 Old 9th Dec 2006 at 3:50 AM Last edited by cecim : 9th Dec 2006 at 6:36 AM.
Quote:
posted by simsample
I did hear on the Mac Help forum that the recommendation is to just apply the patch for the last EP and to uninstall first if other patches were installed... saying that, when you reinstalled, did you remove all plists and receipts from the game? For the disc writing problem I was thinking along the lines of a glitch sometmes seen in PC games, where certain versions of the operating system combined with certain patches seems to cause the game to not have permission to write to the Documents folder. This means that any changes done were lost when the game was exited, which sounds a bit similar to your problem.

You know, I didn't think about eliminating the receipts after I reinstalled the game solely because I thought the problem centered around the "permissions", the Download folder and the .plist files. I did eliminate the .plists from the Library because I had been told that they would cause a lot of trouble if corrupted. I also repaired the "permissions" in Disk Utility for both Mac Os 9 and X (Tiger).

The latest EP patch (as far as I know) is Nightlife, so yes. The only patch installed (after reinstalling once again) in the game is Nightlife.

I will try and remove the receipts because I had never done that before. It is worth a try to see if things improve my game play. And hopefully, it might provide a pathway to deal with Pets.

I will give you an update on the state of these new developments.

Thank you for the wonderful advice.

Take care,

Ceci
Test Subject
#78 Old 9th Dec 2006 at 5:33 PM
Default A Small Update:
I trashed both the .plist and receipt files. I then added Pets to see if it would work. Unfortunately, it still didn't. As soon as Pets was added on (and booted up), when the game got to the load screen for the neighborhood, it crashed. It didn't even get to the part of adding pets.

In this test neighborhood, there were only five families.

However, when I booted up OFB (before adding Pets), still again, things worked perfectly.

So, it's back to the drawing board. I will continue to run tests to see what exactly is fouling up the game when it gets to Pets.

Ceci
Lab Assistant
#79 Old 16th Dec 2006 at 4:02 PM
Operating system: Win XP Pro

Computer specs: laptop- Pentium M, 2 GHz, 1.5 GB RAM, Ati Mobility Radeon 9700 128 mb dedicated

Games: All EPs, all patches, no Glamour Life, No Family Fun

Details of Neighbourhood loss: The only hood I play, N001, was not even on the screen when I got to the neighborhood chooser. Veronaville and Strangeville were fine.

Neighbourhood File details: All files were still visible for the disappearing hood.
Sim PE Investigation: neighborhood did not show up in SimPE What changed on your system immediately before the corruption: My laptop shut down, unexpectedly. Nothing in the game or on my system was altered.
Any other relevant information: I've had this problem going way back to when I first got Sims 2, back when the game was released. I posted in the SimPE forum, but was unable to get any help. I had no problems for months, but my laptop shut down unexpectedly, and when I went back into the game, N001 (which is Pleasantville) was not showing up. I did what I figured out to do way back when I had the problem: I turned the neighborhood .bak file into a .package file, and the hood showed up, again. It took my game back to the date of the .bak file, so I lost about 2 weeks or so of gameplay, but the hood worked fine.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#80 Old 19th Dec 2006 at 3:31 PM
Ahh Brynne, that sounds like the files got corrupted when the laptop shut down. Make sure you backup now you have the game running again! Also, it is worth checking that the laptop is cool enough- a sudden shutdown could be symptomatic of heat, or possibly even a virus.
Lab Assistant
#81 Old 19th Dec 2006 at 6:37 PM
Oh, yeah, I make regular backups. It was a heat issue. I had to send my laptop in to replace a fried motherboard not long after that happened, in fact.

Normally I keep it well-ventilated, but I had an attack of stupid that day. I don't know how else to explain it. I'm usually so careful about not letting it overheat.
Test Subject
#82 Old 29th Dec 2006 at 5:32 AM
Operating system-Mac OSX 10.4.8
Computer specs 1.9 Ghz 1.5 gigs of RAM
Games- Base, Uni, Nightlife, OfB, Pets No fun packs

I installed pets and i created a neighboorhood. Everytime i boot the game the name and description is blank.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#83 Old 29th Dec 2006 at 3:43 PM
jbwise, do you have the Aspyr patches for your game? It may be a good idea to post your trouble on the Mac Help forum, there are a lot of experienced Mac Simmers on there:
http://www.modthesims2.com/forumdisplay.php?f=443
Test Subject
#84 Old 30th Dec 2006 at 4:52 AM
Ok here are the answers to the things you are asking in the order that you asked them:

1. Windows XP Home
2. Pentium 4 3.20 Ghz 1.00 GB RAM, ATI Radeon X300 Series (PCI express)
3. The sims 2 (cd), Holiday Pack, Family fun stuff, glamour life, then every other expansion in CD.
4. This still happens if i remove my downloads folder
5. I am missing Plesentview (N001) in the game, but the folder N001, along with all of the lots and stuff are all sitting there fine in the Neighborhoods folder.
6. i dont know how to check this in SimPE 7. Ok there are a few things that changed since I noticed this problem
- (within the sims2) downloaded and installed some packeged lots from sims2homes, and 3 that my friend brought over (but they all work fine in other neighborhoods)
- (not within sims 2)
- New monitor (i put in the CD but i dont think it installed anything)
- New Satiek X52 game control (installed drivers, and its programming utilities
- Microsoft IntelliMouse drivers
- Logitech Keyboard drivers
- installed Battlefield 2142 (which by the way is not working either)
- installed Flight Simulator X Deluxe
- installed a new DVD/RW drive (made by LG) with all its software and drivers (Cyberlink DVD solution, LG ODD Auto Firmware upgrade, LightScribe Disc Labeling, Nero, and Acrobat Reader are all of the programs it installed)

Additional Details:

I have removed the Lots folder from N001, and let TS2 regenerate it with all of the defaults, but that dosen't help so it isin't a problem with the lots. Same goes for every other folder that is in the N001 folder.
I have a file called N001_Suburb001 and N001_Suburb002, but all of the other Nieghborhoods have _suburb001 , not 002. Removing 002 dosen't do anything though.
I have also removed the LotCatalog folder from The sims 2 folder, but that didnt seem to help either.

And that little last trick did not work

are there any ideas as to why this happens or how to fix it yet?

Thanks
Lab Assistant
#85 Old 6th Jan 2007 at 3:36 AM
My neighbourhood just had disappearing problems today...

It wasn´t after a bad saving or computer reboot, I was normally playing a house, then I exited into the neighbourhood, and suddenly half of my houses there (that Ive had for ages) were flashing red, some were gone, including the families. and some were changed: aka, where I had some custom terrains, was maxis grass.
It happened to me before, that the pc would restart while looming in the neighbourhood screen (before entering a house)

Operating system Win XP Pro

Computer specs - Nvidia, Processor 3500+, 1024 MB RAM, Nvidia geforce 6600

Games: Original, University, Nightlife, OFB, patched

Details of Neighbourhood loss- it was a custom neighbourhood. Happened to me once in the past in the same way.

Neighbourhood File details- Yes, it's all there.

Sim PE Investigation- can still see all sims

What changed on your system immediately before the corruption - nothing I know of

Any other relevant information- it seems to only disappear sometimes, last time I had this, the hood it happened in would only go mad at some occasions and be allright on others (unrelated to downloads removed).
Test Subject
#86 Old 6th Jan 2007 at 10:48 PM
Windows XP

2.4 GHZ, 1.00 GB RAM, Ge Force 4 Ti4200

Sims 2 PC CD, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, and Pets.

I lost about 3 custom neighbourhoods.

Pleasantview and strangetown are still there, and completely fine, also one of my custom neighbourhoods are there instead of veroniville, 3 custom are missing.
I can still see, all of the custom neighbourhoods that should be there in documents, sims 2, neighbourhoods..

I don't have sim PE.

I did delete my downloads folder a few days ago, but everything was still fine.

Last night Norton Anti Virus ran on our computer and I was made aware 4 things were deleted...?

I did change a few things around, I think perhaps I deleted one custom neighbourhood out of the folder, but I don't see why that would be that effective, seeing as I deleted only one? Wouldn't it only be out of the game, and that one only?

Its a Pleasure to be Among Such Wonderful People Who Create Such an Art!
Have a Wonderful Day!
Haven~Glade
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#87 Old 9th Jan 2007 at 7:41 PM
UlaumeSarestes, this sounds like file corruption of some kind- is this an old neighbourhood (ie, do you have a lot of character files/ lots in there)?
HavenGlade, did you take note of what exactly Norton deleted? Also, did you delete the neighbourhood from in game, or just by removing the file from the folder? How many hoods did you have in total, and are any of them large (a lot of characters- you can count how many characters are in the character folder of the hoods to tell this, let us know how many the largest hood has). Is your game patched?
Test Subject
#88 Old 16th Jan 2007 at 2:30 AM Last edited by Leo-SSA : 17th Jan 2007 at 6:34 PM.
Default Lot Disappeared
I lost just one lot not the whole neighbourhood.
I managed to recover it. But when I place it back, another lot disappears.

Operating system: Windows XP Pro
Computer specs: Pentium-4 2.88 Ghz processor, 1Gb RAM, Nvidia FX 5200 128Mb.
Games: The Sims 2 - CD and all Expansion Packs, and all Stuff Packs. Also all official patches.
Details of Neighbourhood loss:I lost lots in Pleasantview, but Strangetown and Veronaville were okay
Have removed your Downloads recently for any reason: No.
Have used any hacks which may affect an entire neighbourhood: Yes (I use the money order hack).
Neighbourhood File details: If you go to Documents/ EA Games/ The Sims2/ Neighbourhoods are the neighbourhood files still there?: All files are there.

DETAILS:

Previous Events: I only play in Pleasantview. Never touched the other neighbourhoods neither created any new ones. When I had “InTeenimater” hack installed, something happened when my teen girl got pregnant and my entire Pleasantview disappeared. I had only a white landscape with green gridlines where it used to be a small view of Pleasantview. I tried to open my “N001_Neighborhood.package” file in SimPE but the file was corrupted.
I managed to recover my Pleasantview neighbourhood by making a copy of my “N001_Neighborhood.bak” file and renaming it to “N001_Neighborhood.package”.
It worked although it reverted to a couple of days before the neighbourhood loss.
I kept playing, my teen girl got pregnant and had her baby, nothing strange happened to my neighbourhood. But from time to time I created a copy of my “N001_Neighborhood.package” file, just in case. And eventually it happened again, but my back-ups quickly solved the problem. It happened about 3 or 4 times. I didn´t want any other teens to get pregnant, so I removed the “InTeenimater” hack and the problem never happened again.

Lots Disappearing Event: My Sim-“A” has kids with 8 different Sim girls each living in a different house (lot). He has a total of 15 kids 5 of them grew up, got married and have their own kids. The whole family adds to 41 Sims. My entire Pleasantview neighbourhood have 46 occupied lots to a total of 184 Sims. After installing “Pets” when my Sim-“A” got his 15th kid and I exit the lot where the kid was born, I noticed that another lot with a girl and 3 of his kids had vanished. I renamed the “N001_Neighborhood.package” file to “N001_Neighborhood.current”, renamed one of my back-ups to “N001_Neighborhood.package”, played the game, moved my vanished family to the family bin, moved their house to the house bin, closed the game, renamed files back,
Played the game again and found the house in the house bin, but not the family in the family bin. I placed the house back in the neighbourhood and it worked fine, nothing unusual happened. Then I closed the game and opened my “N001_Neighborhood.package” in SimPE, located my missing family and noticed they were located in lot instance “8E” and not “00” as it was supposed to be since I had put them in the family bin. So I corrected it to “00” saved the file and returned to the game. This time they appeared in the family bin and I was able to move them back to their house. But when I left their lot and returned to the neighbourhood I noticed that another lot of members of Sim-”A” family had disappeared. At this point I stopped playing in Pleasantview. And started a new game in Veronaville. But I hope I can return to play in Pleasantview, it’s my neighbourhood from the start.

Speculation: As it was happening only to my Sim-”A” family, first I thought it could be the Sims2 engine that could limit the size of the whole family (player controlled members – not including ghosts) to 40 Sims. But someone said in The Sims2 site that he had a family with more than 100 Sims.
Then I thought it could be the number of Sims in the whole neighbourhood, I had 184, maybe 185 wouldn’t be allowed. But another guy said he had a legacy family with about 400 Sims. So, I’m clueless.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#89 Old 16th Jan 2007 at 8:07 PM
How many character files do you have in that particular neighbourhood?
Test Subject
#90 Old 17th Jan 2007 at 8:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
How many character files do you have in that particular neighbourhood?

840 character files.
Test Subject
#91 Old 18th Jan 2007 at 2:13 AM
I wish I could offer a solution, but I was unable to find one.

However, I think I have come up with a system to help if it happens again.

My situation:
My day job is a computer/software person, but that just led me to what screwed up my neighborhood...

I'd been making backup copies of the N001 directory and the NeighborhoodManager.package for awhile. One night I picked the wrong option during one of those work pop-up messages and my sim lost his job. I didn't want to lose the 4 vacation days with a baby on the way, so I exited and replaced the existing N001 with a backup I'd made earlier.

Then I realized I didn't make a backup of the NeighborhoodManager.package like I usually did, so I just put one in from a few days before.

That's when things started to go wrong. Specifically, sims kept disappearing from the phone lists and the ones that would end up being called were not the ones selected. For example, "Dina Caliente" may have appeared first in the list and was the one selected. However, it was Alexander Goth's relationship score that changed. (And he would have been first if he had been listed--which he wasn't.)

The baby was born and grew into a child. I figured I'd get the University expansion. Bought it, installed it, and no more Pleasantville. (Yet again, I had foolishly backed up the N001 directory and not the NeighborhoodManager.package before installing University.) A couple hours of Internet searching (which is how I found this thread) didn't yield an answer that worked.

Having learned my lesson, I uninstalled Sims2 and University and started all over.

Backing Up:
Based on my experience (both before and during the events above), the following should work to restore a missing neighborhood.

Note: Do not do this while the game is running.

1. Open the directory containing the neighborhoods, My Documents/ EA Games/ The Sims2/ Neighborhoods
2. Right-click on the directory that corresponds to the neighborhood you want to back up.
3. Select "Send to" from the menu that appears and then select "Compressed (zipped) folder".
4. This will chug along for a minute or two as it places everything into a zip file called "n00x.zip" (where "x" is the neighborhood number). (Depending on your Windows settings, you may not see the ".zip". It will have an icon of a folder with a zipper.)
5. Drag the NeighborhoodManager.package onto that file. After chugging for another minute or two, it will add that file into the zip file.
6. Right click on the zip file and select "Rename" from the menu that appears. Change the "N00x" to something else. You should now have a reliable backup of the neighborhood.

You should keep at least two of these. That way, if you made the most recent one after the fatal corruption had occurred, you can go back to the one before.

Generally, I keep two named "temp" and "temp2" made just before I go into the game. I would also recommend making them after sim events you don't want to lose or before making edits, modifications, or installing new content to the game itself.

Note: Each one of these backups will be over 100mb in size. If running low on disk space, they can be burned to CD or placed on a USB external hard drive or flash drive. (Which will also protect them from hard drive crashes and system restores.)

Restoring:

Note: If using downloaded content or modifications in the neighborhood, make sure those are already in place first.

1. In the directory containing the neighborhoods, right-click on the current folder corresponding to the neighborhood (i.e. (N001).
2. Select "Rename" from the menu that appears.
3. Add ".old" to the folder name.
4. Right-click on NeighborhoodManager.package and select "Rename".
5. Again, add ".old" to the name.
6. Double-click on the zip folder of the backup you want to restore.
7. A window should come up with the "N00x" folder and the NeighborhoodManager.package file inside. Drag those into the directory containing the neighborhoods.
8. Then launch the program.

The neighborhood should be available again in the same state as it was when that backup was made.

Note: This system is only reliable if you primarily play in one neighborhood. Since the NeighborhoodManager.package seems to contain data for all neighborhoods So if pop back and forth between different neighborhoods frequently, restoring a backup for one may adversely affect the other(s). Unfortunately, that appears to be an inherent problem with the game's saving system itself.

The concept should work for Macs as well. Don't have it installed on one, so can't say for certain. The compression (zipping) portion may be an issue because I don't think the Mac OS comes with a nice user utility yet.

I've had a number of Mac people use the "GUI-Tar" utility with success for other things. It's a free utility from a company called Edenwaith. Google search for either (be sure to use "gui-tar", not "guitar") and it should be the first listing.

Again, I wish I could say I found a fix for after the fact (and so does poor "Sim Cinatti" the 1st, may his bits rest in peace). But this may help some a prevent complete loss in the future.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#92 Old 18th Jan 2007 at 6:25 PM
Thanks for that, SeOc- we also have a detailed backup tutorial here:
http://www.modthesims2.com/article.php?p=1105148
Test Subject
#93 Old 20th Jan 2007 at 6:31 PM
Default disappering neighbour hoods on install
I reinstalled the sims on my computer yesterday and there was a problem installing the groups.cache file but the installation continued anyway and when i launched it, it refused to load and i had to shut it down via taskmanager.

this morning i discovered that i had no ea games folder in my documents so i made one and tried to launch the sims again and it worked. . . sort of veronaville was nowhere to be seen and strange town had a wierd green grid for a picutre. only pleasantview seems to be working.

i tried deleting groups.cache and nothing, strangetown disappeared altoghter!

recently i installed the sims on another computer and there was no problem whatsoever.

i have no cc, mods, hacks, patches or eps atm. Can anyone think of anything that could cause these bugs?

Operating System: XP Pro
but im not sure of everything else
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#94 Old 20th Jan 2007 at 7:49 PM
decite_9630, sounds like your issue is slightly different- if the install doesn't go well then the files needed to create the neighbourhoods could be missing or corrupted. You need to reinstall the game, clean your discs and reinstall. You could also try a manual install. Follow the links below:
Uninstalling
Clean your discs
Manual Installation
Test Subject
#95 Old 23rd Jan 2007 at 2:56 AM
Default Strangetown is gone
Simsample, I have had multiple problems with the Sims games, I had to reinstall the University edition twice. Later, I lost strangetown while I was playing Nightlife , I didnt press delete or anything, what do I do, and is there a way to recover strangetown?

Additional Info: I have
Windows Xp, and this has not occured before
Test Subject
#96 Old 27th Jan 2007 at 4:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Borbanator
... is there a way to recover strangetown?

Go to "Documents and Settings/YourName/My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/Neighborhoods/N002" folder
Inside it you should have a file named "N002_Neighborhood.package" it is the last saved file of Strangetown neighbourhood. It is probably corrupted. Rename it to "N002_Neighborhood.corrupted". You should also have a file named "N002_Neighborhood.bak" make a copy of it and rename it to "N002_Neighborhood.package". Start your The Sims2 game, and your Strangetown neighbourhood should be back. But it will be reverted to a few days before the last time you played in Strangetown.
Lab Assistant
#97 Old 29th Jan 2007 at 12:52 AM Last edited by karen82869 : 29th Jan 2007 at 1:22 AM.
I'm sorry to say I have joined this club, today!
Operating system: Win XP Pro
Computer specs: Intel Pentium M 1600MHz, 1.5 GB RAM, ATI Mobility Radeon 9600 Pro turbo
Games: Sims 2 CD version, Uni, NL, OFB, FFS, GLS, Pets (w/ all patches. Games and patches were all installed in the order they were released.)
Details of Neighbourhood loss: Lost Pleasantview only. All other neighborhoods, including custom, are fine. Pleasantview was the last neighborhood played. No other neighborhood was played during the session resulting in the Pleasantview corruption. There was no game crash nor any save/shut-down problem.
It would also be great to know if you have removed your Downloads recently for any reason, and also if you have used any hacks which may affect an entire neighbourhood.I have not recently removed my downloads. I have the following types of global hacks: banking computer, choice to bring friend home from school/work, no jealousy unless married/engaged/going steady, relationship decay auto clears crush/love, teens/adults don't lose relationship status when one grows up before the other, teens woo-hoo, pay bills at the mailbox, smarter lights, no bad makeovers, "hiders" to not display goofy clothing choices.
Neighbourhood File details: All neighborhood files still appear in Documents/ EA Games/ The Sims2/ Neighbourhoods
Sim PE Investigation: The neighborhood is named "unknown" and all contents are displayed as "unknown." I cannot view or edit anything. When attempting to view details, I get an "unhandled exception" dialog box.
What changed on your system immediately before the corruption: I used PE to change the heights of several sims in Pleasantview. I played Pleasantview once since then. There was one birth during that game play.
That was last weekend. Today was the first I started the game since. The only change to my system since then was a Windows automatic update about mid-week and the usual virus scan (AVG free) updates.
I installed some hair, clothing and skintones today by manually unzipping them.
Any other relevant information: Not sure if it's relevant, but I was able to restore a backup (from before changing sim heights) using SimPe.
Could you also try this:
Go to My Documents/ EA Games/ The Sims2/ Neighbourhoods and cut and paste the neighbourhoodManager.package file to your desktop. Now go to Program files/ EA Games/ The Sims2/ TS Data/ Res/ User Data/ Neighbourhoods and copy the neighbourhoodmanager.package file- paste it into your Documents folder where your old neighbourhoodmanager file was. Does that make any difference?

This does not make any difference.

I hope this info helps identify a cause.

Seriously.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#98 Old 29th Jan 2007 at 4:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Leo-SSA
You should also have a file named "N002_Neighborhood.bak" make a copy of it and rename it to "N002_Neighborhood.package".

But only if you have made a backup previously, through SimPE for example.

Karen, your issue sounds like a 'straightforward' (if there is such a thing) file corruption. I would guess that, as you managed to edit the files with SimPE, this most likely occurred during SimPE save process- or else, during the virus scan. It's hard to pinpoint the exact cause, however I have noted that editing with SimPE and virus scanning/ Windoze updates (both system changes) to be common to a lot of incidents of neighbourhood loss.
Lab Assistant
#99 Old 30th Jan 2007 at 12:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Karen, your issue sounds like a 'straightforward' (if there is such a thing) file corruption. I would guess that, as you managed to edit the files with SimPE, this most likely occurred during SimPE save process- or else, during the virus scan. It's hard to pinpoint the exact cause, however I have noted that editing with SimPE and virus scanning/ Windoze updates (both system changes) to be common to a lot of incidents of neighbourhood loss.

Lucky me.
I'm curious if my problem can be attributed to a compatibility with SimPE that no one has yet identified.
For example, if a tiny, little hidden attribute was added or deleted with the Pets EP... and the tiny, little attribute wasn't updated in SimPE... Once you save a change to that attribute, the game can read it... but when the game tries to save... KABOOM!
Just a thought.
Personally, I'm just going to make sure I back up my 'hoods more often.

I'm glad you have started this thread to document the problem. Hopefully the mystery will unravel!

Seriously.
Test Subject
#100 Old 31st Jan 2007 at 7:24 PM
Help! Installed objects.package and neigborhood is gone

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I had an issue with some of my houses displaying properly in my neighborhood. I went throught the steps of not loading customer content, backing up and clearing out downloads folder and they didn't correct the problem. Thought to reload the objects.package file from the Pets CD by extracting and just copying the objects.package file to the C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Pets\TSData\Res\Objects dir.

I made a copy of the old objects file just in case.

When I loaded the game, my neighborhood was gone. I tried putting back the previous objects file and reloading - no help. I tried retoring from a backup of the neighborhood in SimPE and still nothing. Is there something I am missing?

My Current Setup is:

Windows XP Media Center Edition Service Pack 2
3 GB RAM
Intel 2.8 Ghz CPU
Radeon X300/X500 Series Video Card Driver 8.33.0.0 dated 12/16/2006

I have the following packs installed:

The Sims 2 - Glamour Stuff - OFB - Nightlife - University - Pets
Page 4 of 28