Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
#376 Old 25th Sep 2008 at 8:50 PM
The embodiment of all womanhood has spoken: :bow: :laugh: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0908/13910.html
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#377 Old 25th Sep 2008 at 10:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by urisStar
The embodiment of all womanhood has spoken: :bow: :laugh: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0908/13910.html

okay she spoke today!!we're getting somewhere...however i do have to point out that the mccain campaign approved most questions (i got this from msnbc) and strictly managed the press at this little visit of hers...plus did you read how she sidesteped the question about islamists? if she said,"i agree we upset the islamists, afterall korea is their country," i would have more respect for her but answer the questions directly lol
Forum Resident
#378 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 3:14 AM
Here's what she told Katie Couric last night. It's a gem.

Quote:
COURIC: You've cited Alaska's proximity to Russia as part of your foreign policy experience. What did you mean by that?
PALIN: That Alaska has a very narrow maritime border between a foreign country, Russia, and on our other side, the land-- boundary that we have with-- Canada. It-- it's funny that a comment like that was-- kind of made to-- cari-- I don't know, you know? Reporters--
COURIC: Mock?
PALIN: Yeah, mocked, I guess that's the word, yeah.
COURIC: Explain to me why that enhances your foreign policy credentials.
PALIN: Well, it certainly does because our-- our next door neighbors are foreign countries. They're in the state that I am the executive of. And there in Russia--
COURIC: Have you ever been involved with any negotiations, for example, with the Russians?
PALIN: We have trade missions back and forth. We-- we do-- it's very important when you consider even national security issues with Russia as Putin rears his head and comes into the air space of the United States of America, where-- where do they go? It's Alaska. It's just right over the border. It is-- from Alaska that we send those out to make sure that an eye is being kept on this very powerful nation, Russia, because they are right there. They are right next to-- to our state.

video of it here: http://www.americablog.com/2008/09/...ring-idiot.html
Mad Poster
#379 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 5:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GoldenSimmer
I can't believe what I am hearing on the news. When a conservatively-raised girl becomes pregnant, it is a symbol of hypocrisy and poor raising of the child? If you truly believe that, you are so far out there... I don't even know. Ladies, gentlemen let me put it down on the line for you. Shit happens to people. All people. No matter how hard Sarah Palin tries to raise her child, the decision is ultimately Bristol's choice. Another little fact of life: kids do dumb shit. You're just so blatantly biased against conservatives that you would use a daughter's pregnancy as an attack on a candidate. If Obama's daughters were pregnant (I know they are too young, assuming they were older), I would never use that as a platform to attack Barrack. I know some on the right would do it, but that just makes them assholes too. In my book, anyone engaging in such an activity is of the lowest quality.

Kudos to Senator Obama when he said that Palin's family, and his as well, should be left out of the debate. You won't hear me give credit to him often, but I will give it to him when he deserves it. And here, he does.

Golden Simmer, I totally agree with you. Okay, I dislike Palin but Bristol has nothing to do with this. I mean theirs a lot of girls out their that get pregnant when they're 16. Hell I have a friend who's pregnant that goes to my school.

"Going to the chapel of Love"

the girls club . statistics . yearbook .
Banned
#380 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 7:25 AM
according to palin, saying that being next door gives her foreign experience then I totally have more experience than her given that I've been to canada, the bahamas, and I frequently talk to people from other countries.
Field Researcher
#381 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 7:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Safyre420
according to palin, saying that being next door gives her foreign experience then I totally have more experience than her given that I've been to canada, the bahamas, and I frequently talk to people from other countries.

Heck, I live just off the Mexican border and have had their diplomatic emissaries stroll through my yard on a regular basis. By that logic, I have more foreign policy experience than her.

Seriously, I'd like to know what exactly these 'trade missions' (missions?) are, and what being a launching point for preemptive strikes has to do with whether or not she's ever dealt with the Russian government in any significant capacity.

I have a bad feeling, however, that all this is doing exactly what it's supposed to- the media is so wrapped up in boggling at 'you-must-be-kidding' Palin that McCain is being largely left unscrutinized as of late, which is definitely not good.
Lab Assistant
#382 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 4:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Doc Doofus
Here's what she told Katie Couric last night. It's a gem.

video of it here: http://www.americablog.com/2008/09/...ring-idiot.html

Doc, I saw that interview, and I was actually cringing for her...and I don't like her!
Instructor
#383 Old 3rd Oct 2008 at 8:39 PM

She did better than expected last night, but that's still not very good.
Lab Assistant
#384 Old 3rd Oct 2008 at 9:33 PM
Too bad she just recited what she had been told. Yes, she saved herself a bit but still talked in circles and didn't answer alot of questions. But personally I liked how grascious (sp) she was, actually both of them.
Mad Poster
#385 Old 3rd Oct 2008 at 9:36 PM
I think that Sarah Palin was reciting a bit more propaganda during the debate than Biden was. Granted, they were both endorsing their candidates more than they spoke about their own beliefs, but that's essentially all that can be expected. However, I do think that Palin rattled off waaaay too many "John McCain believes that..." lines (even though Biden did the same thing, but too a lesser degree) and I learned more about Alaska than I ever wanted to know. She just could NOT shut up about Alaska... there's more to the country than Alaska, Sarah dearest.

Oh, and the gay marriage question? I shivered a little bit at both of their responses, although Biden's gives me a shred of hope. What is the world coming to...

Do I dare disturb the universe?
| tumblr | My TS3 Photos |
Lab Assistant
#386 Old 3rd Oct 2008 at 9:59 PM
Yeah, the Alaska thing was getting on my nerves as well....apparantly she dosen't see how small the towns there really are....Alaska is beautiful, and a great place to go but seriously she really came off as a hick. I was not surprised by her gay marriage answer...and I was surprised by how Biden had a hard time answering it...but I think he feels its not the issue....should be left up to the states to decide, and or make their own laws.

edit to add...bad grammar, sorry.
Mad Poster
#387 Old 3rd Oct 2008 at 10:16 PM
I admire that in Biden- it's not a federal issue. I've never been to Alaska and it does sound like a very peaceful, picturesque state, but I do think that she dragged Alaskan politics into the discussion far more than was necessary. She somehow managed to apply or relate half of the questions to Alaska, and the other half was unclearly answered or avoided. She needs to understand that there's an entire country outside of Alaskan politics, and what with the small town atmosphere and the lack of activity there, I just don't think that she's ready to be a heartbeat away from the presidency.

Do I dare disturb the universe?
| tumblr | My TS3 Photos |
Lab Assistant
#388 Old 3rd Oct 2008 at 10:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rabid
I admire that in Biden- it's not a federal issue. I've never been to Alaska and it does sound like a very peaceful, picturesque state, but I do think that she dragged Alaskan politics into the discussion far more than was necessary. She somehow managed to apply or relate half of the questions to Alaska, and the other half was unclearly answered or avoided. She needs to understand that there's an entire country outside of Alaskan politics, and what with the small town atmosphere and the lack of activity there, I just don't think that she's ready to be a heartbeat away from the presidency.

I agree completely Rabid
Field Researcher
#389 Old 4th Oct 2008 at 3:41 AM
No presidental nominee (one that had any chance of winning) has supported gay marriage. I think O'Biden has gone the closest, with Obama supporting civil unions, with the exact same conditions as marriage, but keeping marriage itself as a more religious thing. I think its just semantics but if it gives gay couples the same legal rights as married couples, who cares what its called? (and it would be commonly refered to as marriage)

The reason Palin kept taking it back to Alaska and its politics, is because that's all she pretty much knows. It makes her sound knowledgable, especilly when you consider that most Americans outside of Alaska wouldn't have a large background knowledge in Alaskan politics. So even if she was wrong, people don't know. (such as her claim that Alaska provides 20% of America's energy. That's a flat out lie, yet it wasn't till after the interview that people realised this)
Forum Resident
#390 Old 4th Oct 2008 at 5:57 AM
Wait! I found this Youtube that the McCain campaign used to help prepare Sarah Palin for her debate!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l63SRpGXBHE

"Why, she's crookeder than a warped shelaley!"
Top Secret Researcher
#391 Old 9th Oct 2008 at 12:07 AM
Hmmm, just thought of something. Considering the fact that England is closer to France than Alaska is to Russia, and the fact that my family has been on several trade-related excursions (Calais has cheap alcohol!), by Sarah Palin's logic I have enough foreign experience to work in a professional occupation as an English ambassador in the French Government, despite knowing nothing about the situation, the economy, the policies and cultural make up, the language, or even the name of the current French President! There's me set for life!

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

People keep calling me 'evil.' I must be doing something right.

SilentPsycho - The Official MTS2 Psycho
Field Researcher
#392 Old 9th Oct 2008 at 12:31 AM
I personally wouldnt want to vote for McCain even if i were a Republican because i think with his old age that it is a possibility for him to die during his term and i dont think Palin is at all ready to run our country.

Page 16 of 16