Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#426 Old 7th Jul 2005 at 12:35 AM
:blah: Ok Here are my bugs with University-
They can't use the phone to order a cab or to have a party.
If one sim is sleeping in the dorm they all just freeze. So I have to keep them all awake so that the game will progress as normal.
They won't answer their cell phones.
Actually they can't use the phones at all.
The game moves really slow even at the fastest speed.
They won't go to the bathroom or take a shower unless I tell them and after they finish they stay in the bathroom until I direct them to do something else.
My husband told me to defrag my computer because I complained about the university since I have 8 students about to graduate and now I can't get into the dorrm at all. I have tried moving them but the game or new house won't load. :werd:
Advertisement
Test Subject
#427 Old 7th Jul 2005 at 6:28 AM Last edited by Lillerzini : 7th Jul 2005 at 6:31 AM.
I'm having trouble with 2 pregnant sims. The first one is in Pleasantville. She waves her hand around and the camera zooms in on her. It keeps going on and on. I can't do anything with that sim. I've tried to saving (and it just happens again), moving her to a different house, moving her around the house, and other things that won't come to mind.

My other sim is in college. She randomly ran home during her class and threw up. I don't know how it happened. Or maybe I'm just stupid and din't notice anything... But anyway, the same thing happens with the camera zooming and the hand waving. I tried the same things that I did for the other sim. I'm not sure if this is university related, but it only started happening after I installed it.
Test Subject
#428 Old 12th Jul 2005 at 1:19 PM
I have searched all over this forum, and others (thanks for the link to Variousimmers.net which has solved one of my bugs) for an answer to this problem but although I have seen a couple of queries there has been no solution so far (unless I missed it)

I now have my 3rd generation sims at uni and noticed this during the 2nd generation (but only with some YAs)
All of my sims had the cell phone/mp3/handheld as teens but when they went to uni some (not all) had no access to the cellphone and were not able to buy a new one while at uni (the action reads *you already have this item*)
Please help - don't they realise that sims might lose their phones and need a replacement or want an upgrade? :jk:
Test Subject
#429 Old 12th Jul 2005 at 7:02 PM
Every now and then I get a student, that as soon as they return from finals, they immediatly go back for finals. I have had several sims graduate without going though sophomore and junior years, their grade point avg is low, because of no classes, had one even go on probation and get thrown out. This doesn't happen all the time, but it is annoying when it does.
Test Subject
#430 Old 23rd Sep 2005 at 12:34 AM
My sims 2 dont take the family pic when I create them... did you know why?
Test Subject
#431 Old 23rd Sep 2005 at 1:58 AM
After installing uni all my clothes,heads and makeup is gone and i can install any of those items. Objects,walls and floors are fine. I have installed and reinstalled bothe games many times and never had this problem. I have check for hacks,the only hacks I have have never caused a problem before. I have tried making a new download folder with body shop. I have tried so many things I forget them all. Any advice would be helpful. I will not buy any more expension packs at this point. Thank You and have a great one!!!! And good luck to all who are having all these problems with Uni.
Instructor
#432 Old 25th Sep 2005 at 1:43 AM
I've noticed an even more frustrating bug. In my game, the option to click on a sim and send them to class never shows up...EVER! And they won't go autonomously, not even in a good mood! I've tried removing the Insiminator and a few other hacks...but the option still never shows up.
Banned
#433 Old 25th Sep 2005 at 10:11 AM
Of course when you say "a few other hacks", you mean "all hacks" bearing in mind that any hack can cause problems.
Lab Assistant
#434 Old 26th Sep 2005 at 8:43 PM
yes i really hope they come out with a patch soon; esp. the jump bug which is sooooooooooooooo annoying.......
Instructor
#435 Old 26th Sep 2005 at 9:48 PM
Default re:
I found out how to overcome the "No Go To Class Option" bug. You have to remove all phone hacks for good, get the latest version of the InSiminator, and completely reinstall your entire game...core and all. You'll lose your neighborhoods, but at least your expansion will work correctly.

A way to avoid getting the bug:

Always remove all phone hacks and the InSiminator before installing expansions. These two alone will ruin your installation.

Also, play it safe by removing all woohoo behavior mods, such as the "Have Sex EP" mod and all teen woohoo mods.

The most essential is the phone. Don't mess with the phone, no matter how much the default annoys you.
Test Subject
#436 Old 30th Sep 2005 at 12:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DaisyTighfield
I've been getting a weird bug with toddlers, where when they try to learn how to walk, talk, or use the potty the progress bar just keeps reseting :confused:
it dose that natraly it takes some time to learn how to do stuff when you don't know anything!

I love cats! I Have 2 Blueeyes & Meowth plz check out my cat downloads! on www.modthesims2.com And thesims2.com
Test Subject
#437 Old 5th Oct 2005 at 7:01 AM
I think I have a bug in my game...

You see, each time one of my Sims get a job, the moment the carpool shows up, they somehow reached the top of their career, yet they have no memories of it or anything. And it's getting on my nerves. Is this a bug?

And, I have Sims 2 University.

Pleaaaaase help me.

"As I stared at him, and he stared back, I said, "Oh, please, please, please!" and cried." - Michelle Espinoza (me).
#438 Old 5th Oct 2005 at 4:24 PM
I have a rather long list of bugs in The Sims 2. One of the major problems I'm having is every time I invite the private school head teacher over he arrives but says my Sims don't deserve 'such fine education' straight away, even though I haven’t had time to do anything. I can't get any points whatsoever when he's at my Sims homes. I'll attempt to get him to eat something and he just freezes, and every time a Sims talks to him or schmoozes him the points don't go up. In addition to that, I can't take him on tours. He simply stays in the garden and gets bored.
Test Subject
#439 Old 16th Oct 2005 at 7:28 PM
I don't know if this is a bug, but I think it's a real problem that the sims doesn't go to their class, if anybody knows how to fix this, please tell me i'll thank you a lot.

Thanx!!!!!!
Test Subject
#440 Old 16th Oct 2005 at 10:40 PM Last edited by MooseUpNorth : 16th Oct 2005 at 11:24 PM.
Has the water color darkened sometime between Uni and Nightlife (or the patch)? I'm recreating a lakeside A-Frame I once made with the swimmable lake technique (and compacting the house some more), and the dug-water and pool water don't seem to match anymore. (Not even close.) The dug-water seems to now be much darker.

[Edit: In some circumstances the dug-water is gone entirely.]

It's possible I've missed a rogue hack somewhere, but it would help if I could get confirmation that it's just me before I start excavating my downloads folders.

Thanks in advance.
Test Subject
#441 Old 16th Oct 2005 at 11:19 PM
pleasecan any 1 help, whenever i invite a sim over or if 1 visits, when i greet them them all say that its late and they leave no matter what time of day it is!! any 1 know what 2 do. thanx
Instructor
#442 Old 24th Oct 2005 at 4:25 PM
Default re:
I have a worse problem. On certain lots, sims lose the ability to talk to each other. They can still interact on a sofa or bed or in a hot tub, but when they are told to chat or do anything else to each other on the grass, they simply cancel the interaction. They can only interact with unselectable characters. I have the University patch installed. I don't own Nightlife.

Any ideas?
Page 18 of 18