Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#201 Old 7th Aug 2014 at 5:40 PM
Great tutorial, The only problem is you said that Intel Graphics don't really work with older games, But the problem is 3 quarters of the laptops/notebooks have Intel Graphics and that's because there intergrated, Funny thing is i have a Acer Aspire One Happy 2 which runs Sims 2 without a problem, No glitches or anything accept it's a bit slow because it's an old model, But yet my Asus one (Which is in Scotland for repairs atm -_-) Which is Windows 8, Even though it has Intel Graphics (Same as my Acer one) It's got glitches all over it, Like people's heads missing, Weird or choppy people, So i googled it and it says not to run The Sims 2 on intergrated graphics cards yet i could play it on my Acer one which was intergrated, Without a problem, Laptops are very complicated these days without a doubt and i get frustrated because after all the money EA has, They wont bring a patch out to patch the problems that people have playing the game, Laptops or Desktops or not, But after all, On the disk case for The Sims 2 it says "Laptop friendly" but we can't even play it, What a joke, Thanks a lot though, I will use this Tut when my Windows 8 (Better Laptop) gets back, Also when you ran The Sims 2 did you get glitches with some sims like there heads or bodies or objects, Let me know? =)
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#202 Old 7th Aug 2014 at 6:17 PM
Default Graphic glitches and Damage to the card if there kept too long
Quote: Originally posted by eduardoiscool
Ok, I just want to share MY story... I have windows 8, and I was VERY ANGRY because I have a Intel HD graphics card, and I tried to install the sims 2 double deluxe, and the installation went well, but when I play the game, it usually crashes in CAS or when I visit downtown. Then I did some research, and I realized that stuff pack 4 (the one included with double deluxe) was not compatible with windows 8, so I uninstalled it, and installed ONKY the Sims 2, and it did not crash in CAS, or when I visited the lots (I was playing in Strangetown). But the game seemed to start crashing if I downloaded packs after Open for Business and Fashion Stuff Pack.

ADVICE: When playing the Sims 2, play with the lowest graphics options in the game, so the game will run faster and crash less often
• Compatability mode on Windows XP (Server 2 or 3)

•If you have windows 8, don't install packs after Open for Business and Fashion Stuff (EP3 and SP2)

My Asus computer was Intel HD Intergrated, But in the end i got so fed up with Windows 8 i wiped my pc and put Windows 7 on it, It all installed fine and i played it for days but you get loads of glitches with sims heads and stuff so you have to use the cheat Vsync off, But the problem is and i don't know if it's just with intel graphics but if you use The Sims 2 too long with these sorts of glitches then you could damage the graphics card, Just thought i'd let you know in case you are in this situation :/
Test Subject
#203 Old 8th Aug 2014 at 3:22 PM
Default issue, please help!! i am pretty desperate to get this to work :(
I have intel graphics and windows 8.1 :x I haven't been able to get sims 2 to work past CAS.

Just a note, i have the ultimate collection through origin. Is there anyone that can tell me how to get it to work? Please help I wanna play it
Mad Poster
#204 Old 8th Aug 2014 at 4:22 PM
@trish2013
You may need to turn off write protection on the UC folder in the programs and in my doc. section.

It could also be your virus protection program that is stopping you also, make sure you are off the internet and then turn off you virus protection and try to play.
Just make sure you turn it on again before you go online.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccmbarnes

I just got a new computer. It has Windows 8. I do not recommend Windows 8 (It is as bad as Vista) but it is what I have.

Still playing sims 2 and I installed it got all my downloads in but when I try to use a packged download like a lot or custom sim Windows doesn't recognize the file type. Any advice?

Quote: Originally posted by TramaticCure
I have the same exact problem! I can easily install car mods, and objects, but when I try to install lots or sims Windows 8 or 8.1 doesn't know what to do with it. Did you ever figure it out?

Get the Clean Installer and set the path to UC and it will install them for you.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Lab Assistant
#205 Old 8th Aug 2014 at 5:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by trish2013
I have intel graphics and windows 8.1 :x I haven't been able to get sims 2 to work past CAS.

Just a note, i have the ultimate collection through origin. Is there anyone that can tell me how to get it to work? Please help I wanna play it

Don't worry Trish, Just because you have an Intel HD Graphics doesn't mean it wont work, I have the same as you and my Sims work fine, It's the actual windows causing the trouble, When installing the sims try and run it as Adminstrator or run it in compatibility mode, I sure hope we can bully EA enough to make a patch to fix it haha
Test Subject
#206 Old 8th Aug 2014 at 7:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by marka93
@trish2013
You may need to turn off write protection on the UC folder in the programs and in my doc. section.

It could also be your virus protection program that is stopping you also, make sure you are off the internet and then turn off you virus protection and try to play.
Just make sure you turn it on again before you go online.

Get the Clean Installer and set the path to UC and it will install them for you.

how do you turn off write protection? Also, how do you change where it installs when origin installs it for you? :x
Mad Poster
#207 Old 8th Aug 2014 at 8:05 PM
Ok you go into Programs then Origin Games and then right click on the UC folder and at the bottom it should say "Properties" and click on it and at the mid bottom you will see "Read-only (Only applies to files in folder) and uncheck it and then click apply and then ok and your done and you will need to do it in My Doc for UC also.

Changing the path of Clean Installer is what you want to do and not the path of Origin. http://www.modthesims.info/download...=1&goto=newpost

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Test Subject
#208 Old 8th Aug 2014 at 8:55 PM
i don't think i need that do i?

and OMG!!! thank you!! marka for your help!! i managed to actually get through CAS to play you are a genius!!
Test Subject
#209 Old 8th Aug 2014 at 11:33 PM
oke, now having another problem with this >.<

the files keep reverting back to read-only. is there any way to fix this?
Mad Poster
#210 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 4:33 AM
You may need to turn off user control and then uncheck read only in both programs and my doc with doing the one in programs first.

Test Subject
#211 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 1:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cheekytony
So after you installed the base game what did you do exactly? Did you do this with another computer?

Nope, I installed the base game then went into my external hard drive and copied across the TSData and TSBin files from a copy of my game files. Then when I clicked on the 'TS2UPD' file in TSbin it allowed me to install the EPs.
Test Subject
#212 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 1:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by marka93
You may need to turn off user control and then uncheck read only in both programs and my doc with doing the one in programs first.

i feel like such a noob to computers >.< how do you turn off user control?
Test Subject
#213 Old 12th Aug 2014 at 5:57 AM
I was looking through my folders and I think I may be onto something. Where should the ultimate collection be at? I actually have it in 3 different areas. My documents folder, programs, and programs (x86). I think the 2 different folders in the 2 programs folders are causing it to crash. Does anyone agree with me?
Mad Poster
#214 Old 12th Aug 2014 at 2:52 PM
It should only be in both the Programs (x86) and My Doc so if you also have it in Programs then something is wrong.

@trish2013 User Account Control is in the control panel under User and the User your are using.

Test Subject
#215 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 2:30 PM
[QUOTE=marka93]It should only be in both the Programs (x86) and My Doc so if you also have it in Programs then something is wrong.

@trish2013 User Account Control is in the control panel under User and the User your are using.[/QUOTE

i deleted the one in programs and kept the one in programs (x86), also turned off user control and tried it that way but i am still crashing it seems :X
Test Subject
#216 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 8:32 PM
my game shuts down the pc like 30 mins in... and it worked fine when i had win7 on the same machine(i reinstalled it a few weeks ago to win8)... so it's not hardware problem... if anyone has any idea what could i do to fix this, i'll be thankful...
Test Subject
#217 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 1:22 AM
i am with you on that ilijamaslovar.

did you try the suggestions from marka93 out of curiousity?
Test Subject
#218 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 9:25 PM
call me stupid but I don't understand any of this...
Test Subject
#219 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 10:05 PM
I tried to get the patches as mention in the first post of this thread, but they seem to be missing and it takes me to wiki, with no further patches.
I have an ASUS Intel Core i3 with the dreaded windows 8/ I installed the base game, but didn't play it, as far as I know, everything went well.
Apart from the fact that the game doesn't Auto play to install it, I had to go into the autoplay file. After Installing University I am presented with a compatibility issue although I tried running in XP 2. This is insane. I have been playing this game ever since it came out , I refuse to adapt to the sims 3. Never! Is there anyone in the London area who can help me out? Thanks guys.
Top Secret Researcher
#220 Old 15th Aug 2014 at 12:29 AM
Well, I tried the Leefish graphics fix; my UC won't launch at all now, "no compatible direct X 9 system etc." and program will terminate. And now I can't launch Origin at all (though that latter has been true for several days). What fun this is! Not.
Test Subject
#221 Old 15th Aug 2014 at 2:53 PM
i agree its not fun, i wish they gave away a sims that was capable of working, like sims 3. at least their sims 3 works >.<
Test Subject
#222 Old 17th Aug 2014 at 9:41 AM
I see, so basically what do you guys think, is it the graphics card of intel? Some people on the thread who are using specific graphic cards have it working fine on Windows 8. If so, which Graphics card have they got? Will it be cheaper to get that graphics card than downgrade to windows 7? I wonder if you can change the graphics card for a laptop....
Test Subject
#223 Old 17th Aug 2014 at 9:56 AM
Hey guys I think I found a breakthrough. I read a comment on another site where the person said, he had windows 8 and it didn't work, but when he upgraded to Windows 8 Pro, it worked fine. Bizarre, but maybe any one care to try?
Test Subject
#224 Old 17th Aug 2014 at 12:03 PM
many thanks for this my daughter has been trying to get it to work for ages on her windows 8 lap top, i had to run it as windows xp service pack 3 though as there is no option for service pack 2, it seems to be working ok
Test Subject
#225 Old 17th Aug 2014 at 1:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by The priest
Hey guys I think I found a breakthrough. I read a comment on another site where the person said, he had windows 8 and it didn't work, but when he upgraded to Windows 8 Pro, it worked fine. Bizarre, but maybe any one care to try?

i have windows 8.1 pro and it is still not working i don't understand how can sims 1 work but sims 2 not work!!
Page 9 of 13