Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Jan 2018 at 7:33 AM Last edited by cris42 : 22nd Jun 2018 at 4:21 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Can we sort build mode by price?
I've been searching for 1 hour, maybe more, if it's possible to sort the items in build mode by price. It bothers me how difficult it is to find the 2-4 simoleons floors and 5-6 wall coverings. How is that thing even sorted?? And why isn't it sorted by price already??? Buy mode is!!! Ugh.
I'm starting to think the answer to this is so obvious and that's why I couldn't find it. Cause I thought other people would be complaining about this!! I can't believe I've played this game for 10 years and never thought of finding a solution to it.
I'm open to anything. Please help
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 16th Jan 2018 at 7:41 AM
You could make a collection and place each cheap floor into it. I did that when I was building starters, wall coverings as well.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Jan 2018 at 7:56 AM
Yeah, I was actually thinking about doing that. Searching everything manually once and never again.
But still, damn EA. It's just one database command. OrderBy(price) or whatever.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 16th Jan 2018 at 9:36 AM
I wish they'd implemented a search function.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 22nd Mar 2020 at 7:15 AM
Has anyone created a mod or similar for this yet? It's kinda annoying not having the walls and floors sorted by price inside their categories. I've looked around and found a program called "WTF Editor" that might be of help, but I'm not good with these things, so I'm not sure. Where I found it (https://sims.jfade.com/index.php-ca...1&subcat=5.html) it says that you can change the price, which is not what I want; I don't care how much they cost, I just want them from min to max. And about the "Catalog sort" option, I'm afraid it likely means to sort them in brick, wood, stone, etc. and not by price.

If anyone has already experience with this program, it'd be nice to bring some light into the matter...
Mad Poster
#6 Old 25th Mar 2020 at 2:35 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 25th Mar 2020 at 2:56 PM.
Homecrafter is basically "Bodyshop for walls". Bodyshop items are categorized by the SortIndex, so I'd imagine there's something else than price that decides their placement.

I've never been much of a wall/floor maker, so I haven't studied the files, but I'm guessing it could be something like a nondescript value in the XOBJ file, or even the naming system or date.

There's a few of the lines in the XOBJ it could be, but I honestly don't have a clue. I pasted in info from some random walls from the same set (I assume they show up the same place because 90% of the walls I've ever downloaded seem to end up in the same category, but I haven't checked)

The price seems to be in the text list, so that's definitely not how they're sorted.