Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 5:50 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Neither can I place "small" stairs to adjastent stairs, nor delete flooring

As you can see there is enough space for the stairs just below and above. Tried using moveobjects and CFE to place that type of stairs, but to no avail. Help?!
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 6:38 PM
I'm not entirely sure I understand what you're asking, but I do know that one of the later EPs (AL or M&G; I see you have the former) doesn't allow you to put modular stairs adjacent to a wall, even with CFE or moveobjects. The way I fix that is to place the landing tile on the upper floor, delete any walls that are stopping the staircase being placed, add stairs then replace the walls. It's a pain, but it works.

Regarding the "cannot delete floor tile" issue, have you tried using the sledgehammer?

No need to use my full name, "Selly" will do just fine.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#3 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 8:59 PM
Always works with moveobjects on for me. What direction are you trying to place the stairs - up or down? If you're trying to place another stair going up, they will not place because of that door surely? Also, you need to take out the floor tiles for modular stairs. What do you mean by a 'small' stair?

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 12:11 AM
I also am not entirely clear on what you're asking about. I do know about being unable to remove floor sections. This occasionally happens to me. Sometimes I know what caused it, and sometimes I don't. But what's generally happening is that the game is reading that section of flooring as absolutely necessary for an adjacent build object (even sometimes an object that is no longer there).

AKA. Anora Acadian
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 11:57 AM
If moveobjects and removing everything nearby won't allow the stairs to be placed save your lot, then try turning on CFE, see if the stairs will place then turn it off. Some things might need smoothing back to normal. If anything messes up that can't be fixed exit to hood view without saving.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 2nd Mar 2018 at 10:51 PM
Like I said, I tried using CFE and Move object, didn't help. I'm trying to place the stairs from the downstairs floor to yup (top-bottom image).
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 12:42 AM
And you removed everything adjacent?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#8 Old 4th Mar 2018 at 2:36 AM
You are only allowing three spaces in the floor for the stairs. In earlier EPs like University, this would have been enough, but one of the later EPs changed things. Now, if you want to add modular stairs, you MUST allow FOUR spaces or the game will complain "can't intersect wall" even if you use cheats. Moveobjects will only work here if you use object (one-piece) stairs. I don't know of any way to force modular stairs into a space that small with a complete set of EPs.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9 Old 4th Mar 2018 at 3:11 AM
Yes, he needs 4 tiles free but since he can't delete any he will need to get that part working first. Remove everything in the way.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#10 Old 4th Mar 2018 at 6:45 AM
He'll have to remodel that space then. I think the reason the game won't let him delete the floors is because the doors at each end of the hallway require a floor space on each side of the door and that's why the floor square next to the door can't be deleted. If he wants to clear another floor space, I recommend moving the bedroom door so that it's not opposite the bathroom door at the other end of the hallway.

I happen to have some sims who've lived in that same Maxis bin house ("Victorian Value" or whatever it's called) for a couple of years now and I did exactly that sort of remodel to replace the stairs in their house. I've attached some screenshots that I hope will help. Just move one of the doors so they aren't opposite each other and it should work fine. You may have to use moveobjectson when placing the new modular stairs - I always need to do that in my game.
Screenshots