Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Apr 2018 at 1:48 AM Last edited by yavannatw : 3rd May 2018 at 1:14 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Can't delete floor tile [Solved]
I'm trying to remove a foundation from a build I downloaded (community lot) but although the foundation itself disappears, a floor tile remains. I can't delete it even with moveobjects on. The stuck object remover also doesn't work. It just sits there. Any suggestions?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 29th Apr 2018 at 1:50 AM
I do, I do, have a suggestion
What if you ctrl + shift to remove all the flooring on the whole foundation...then there is no more floor to get stuck?

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#3 Old 29th Apr 2018 at 2:04 AM
Hit it with the hammer.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 29th Apr 2018 at 2:04 AM Last edited by yavannatw : 29th Apr 2018 at 2:20 AM.
Done both of those - no luck.

Edit: I deleted the whole lot and re-placed it and managed to take away that part of the foundation. No idea what stopped it before.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 29th Apr 2018 at 2:20 AM
Is there anything above that floor tile? It will be impossible to remove the floor tile if there is a ceiling light or similar fixture hanging above it.

If the tile is adjacent to a door, it will also be impossible to remove.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 29th Apr 2018 at 2:38 AM Last edited by yavannatw : 29th Apr 2018 at 2:48 AM. Reason: Added pics
I spoke too soon. I thought I'd removed it but it's still there. There was nothing above it.

I'm thinking instead of making changes to the lot I downloaded just to start from scratch! Such a timewaster.
Screenshots
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#7 Old 29th Apr 2018 at 1:24 PM
Has the lot been CFE'd do you know? Sometimes that causes issues. You can often un-cause them by fiddling with CFE again.

Where's the lot from?

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Scholar
#8 Old 29th Apr 2018 at 1:25 PM
Yavanna, I had a similar issue with a toddler's food bowl, which cannot be deleted in-game, even with move objects. I placed it back on the high chair, the option showed up, but when I directed a sim to clean it up, nothing.

In the end I used the Stuck Object Remover to clear the thing. Maybe that would do the trick for you.

EDIT: Never mind... I didn't read the first post properly... I see you've tried that option!

No need to use my full name, "Selly" will do just fine.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 29th Apr 2018 at 1:30 PM
Maybe try to place foundation under the tile, then delete that part of the foundation using ctrl?
Instructor
#10 Old 29th Apr 2018 at 7:23 PM Last edited by suzymarie64 : 29th Apr 2018 at 7:36 PM.
Someone else from here had this problem and found this out. Maybe it's the same for you. Read her last comment.

http://nene.modthesims.info/showthread.php?p=1787367

Also, might want to try this. In the download files area it's called ffsdebugger.zip

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/f...r=al%2Fhacks%2F

It will be where your Stuck Object Remover is it's a black Batman box.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 2nd May 2018 at 3:41 PM
I often had this problem when I used invisible objects and forget about them or placed something that wasn't meant to be placed. If there is really nothing you can delete I don't have any advice but you could just place a big bush or tree below it to hide it
Field Researcher
#12 Old 2nd May 2018 at 8:20 PM
Definitely suggest using Pescado's stuck object remover. I have this happen a lot after routing failures. It seems that an invisible tile gets left behind marking the destination and then is otherwise undeleteable without the object remover.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#13 Old 2nd May 2018 at 10:22 PM
I would draw the foundation back under the tile and try to remove it then. CFE might help. There is also a little mod that is for just this, removing floor tiles. It looks like a violet coloured water drop. I will try and find it in my download folder.

Edit: Found the download of it which is better Floor Tile Remover by Frillen http://modthesims.info/d/253468

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 2nd May 2018 at 10:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I would draw the foundation back under the tile and try to remove it then. CFE might help. There is also a little mod that is for just this, removing floor tiles. It looks like a violet coloured water drop. I will try and find it in my download folder.

Edit: Found the download of it which is better Floor Tile Remover by Frillen http://modthesims.info/d/253468

Thanks, Jo, I'll try that mod. I had tried everything else suggested including rebuilding foundation and deleting.
The lot had been CFE'd for an arched bridge. I'll try this mod before mucking about with cfe.
It'll teach me for being lazy and downloading instead of creating from scratch.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 3rd May 2018 at 12:41 AM
That's one stubborn floor tile. Does it have to be live mode for anything to work? (It's a community lot.)

Screenshots
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#16 Old 3rd May 2018 at 12:51 AM
Stuck object remover only works in live mode.

Mad Poster
#17 Old 3rd May 2018 at 12:58 AM
Build the foundation back around it then build 4 walls and put new floor tile up on top of the walls then use the "Stuck Object Remover" on the top and see if that gets rid of the problem, you may need to put more floors up because you have something up above that is blocking the removal of the bottom tile.

After doing this the hammer may work in build mode when no one lives on the lot.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#18 Old 3rd May 2018 at 12:59 AM
"Stuck object remover only works in live mode. "

That's what I figured, which is a bit of a pain. I could have a sim visit the lot... ?
Just as well I had given up long ago and created what I wanted from scratch so it's now a theoretical problem, or a curiosity.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#19 Old 3rd May 2018 at 1:11 AM
Wow so the floor tile remover didn't work, I've never seen that not work on flat tile. For the record, I think its far superior to stuck object remover in regards to floor tile.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 3rd May 2018 at 1:11 AM Last edited by butler-pate : 3rd May 2018 at 1:14 AM. Reason: extra info about owned business lots
Quote: Originally posted by yavannatw
"Stuck object remover only works in live mode. "

That's what I figured, which is a bit of a pain. I could have a sim visit the lot... ?
Just as well I had given up long ago and created what I wanted from scratch so it's now a theoretical problem, or a curiosity.

I think you'd have to have the sim move in and then place the stuck object remover, then save. From what I know community lots reset to the last saved state after you leave. Unless it's an owned community lot, since you can access buy/build mode on those and save that.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#21 Old 3rd May 2018 at 1:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by marka93
Build the foundation back around it then build 4 walls and put new floor tile up on top of the walls then use the "Stuck Object Remover" on the top and see if that gets rid of the problem, you may need to put more floors up because you have something up above that is blocking the removal of the bottom tile.

Thank you, @marka93. That worked. I rebuilt the foundation, put walls around, put floor on top and used the floor tile remover from the top and then down. They all disappeared. There must have been something invisible above that tile.

Solved! Thanks all for your suggestions.