Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Apr 2018 at 4:16 PM Last edited by sunniwawa : 29th Apr 2018 at 6:53 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default TS2 UC: Origin dosen't recognize Sims2EP9.exe file after crashing win10 tutorial?
I have had problems with my game crashing when i load random lots in all neighborhoods. I think it has something to do with the update with Windows 10. I have followed this tutorial from The Jessa Channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0iwuLZyjMg
Yesterday the game crashed once I loaded a lot in Belladonna Cove. The second time I loaded up my game I went to Pleasantview and the game didn't crash when i loaded multiple lots. I have TS2 Ultimate Collection and I was thinking of updating my game on Origin, cause the update is supposed to make TS2 more compatible with Win10. I have noticed now, a problem in Origin client with TS2 UC after I have followed this tutorial. When I entered origin client, I have the option to Download TS2 UC, just like when it's new. I have it installed, I just playtested it yesterday? I don't usually use origin to open my game, but after I did this tutorial this happend. What should I do? I can't update the game or start my game from origin.

I think It has to do with the placement of the startup file of the game. I have placed the Sims2EP9.exe file in CSBin from TSBin, like it said in the tutorial. I wonder If I can disable the Empty Standby bit and place the exe file in TSBin again. I have a backup of my original exe file, but I don't know if it still work. Maybe Origin doesn't recognize the file anymore? Have anyone else noticed this who have TS2 UC? Or have I done something wrong? What should I do?

EDIT: I Took my Sims2EP9.exe file back to it's original place TSBin. Origin now recognize the game, I updated the game too. Have done tutorial again, but It still crashes when loading random lots.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 30th Apr 2018 at 6:46 PM
There are a lot of reasons for the game to crash and many tend to think it has to be the UC's fault.
That is not always the case. Trying the ordinary steps, like a 50/50 with CC or running the HDCU may also sort your problems.
You can also try to run the Hoodchecker.
And make sure (see sticky post) that you have the essential mods in your game (updated for AL and/or M&G if available).