Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

MTS Movie Night #4 - posted on 19th Feb 2018 at 4:46 PM
Replies: 68 (Who?), Viewed: 1355 times. | You are currently not a member of this group. Would you like to join it now?
Page 3 of 3
Top Secret Researcher
#51 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 7:44 AM
Simmy, I need a lot that is 30 wide by 20 deep, for my community lot: Pet Shop/ Groomers/ Boarding.

Also, for names, I like Petanica the best, just Petanica.

The name Cattails Beach, is a suggestion for the beach lot. I was looking through the build mode plants and there it was.

Need help building? Mentoring for Builders: Click Here

Looking for an amazing new Sci-Fi world? Visit SATURENORN
Scholar
#52 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 7:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by attuned
Simmy, I need a lot that is 30 wide by 20 deep, for my community lot: Pet Shop/ Groomers/ Boarding.

Also, for names, I like Petanica the best, just Petanica.

The name Cattails Beach, is a suggestion for the beach lot. I was looking through the build mode plants and there it was.

Thanks for the suggestions, attuned! Both sound good to me. Cattails is a super name for the beach! As Norn suggested, I've determined which direction the water flows so I can add some waves.

The two community lots under the cat's first "stripe" are 30 x 20s as is the lot below the dog's collar. In addition, there are 30x20s below the city "square" 64x64 lot and under the 40x40 on the dog side. All have road frontage on the 30 tile wide side; several on 2 sides. The last two I mentioned are currently coded as residential but could easily be changed. Take your pick! I'll be happy to place it wherever you'd like. Thank you for building it!

If your "groomer" shop is for both cats and dogs, maybe Petlandoo ...
Alchemist
#53 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 4:44 PM
I have a few shells on 10x10 lots. Is there any space left for them?

d̴i̶s̴t̸o̸r̸t̵i̵o̷n̴ ̶i̷n̷ ̵̬̾ḿ̸̱y̶̜͊ ̸̟͐m̴̬̎i̶̖͒ń̴̬d̷͎̒
#54 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 9:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny_Bravo
I have a few shells on 10x10 lots. Is there any space left for them?

Oh, that would be great! There are 3 10x10s left, I believe. Did you want to post them for someone to decorate first? Or, just post them as shells? Whichever you prefer. Feel free to post here in the thread or in SimsFileShare - whatever works for you. Thanks very much!
Alchemist
#55 Old 18th Feb 2018 at 1:07 AM
I'll post them for others to decorate and landscape. Then you can choose 3 and the remaining one could be sumbitted under M4B. That'd be my idea

#56 Old 18th Feb 2018 at 8:20 PM
Ok, horse ranch is done. I will play around test it a bit more before uploading. It has some empty space in the attic (it's fully usable except for a slight headache ) which I would just leave empty. Unless someone has a good idea what to put there It also doesn't have a name nor description yet. Any ideas for this?

SimmyRN, it sits on the 40x40 lot across the EC. If EA thinks an EC works on such a small lot we can do as well! It looks quite nice.

[ETA] Most lots around the "town center" don't have addresses yet. But I love those that have some! Nice street names! :D
Alchemist
#57 Old 18th Feb 2018 at 9:38 PM
@SimmyRN
I made a mistake. The 4 shells are on 10x15 lots, not 10x10.

#58 Old 18th Feb 2018 at 9:49 PM
Johnny, there are some 15x10 lots, too. Maybe they would fit on one or several of these?
Alchemist
#59 Old 18th Feb 2018 at 10:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norn
Johnny, there are some 15x10 lots, too. Maybe they would fit on one or several of these?

They probably will. I've now posted them here. You can get an idea of what they look like and if the'd fit in the world.

#60 Old 19th Feb 2018 at 3:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norn
Ok, horse ranch is done. I will play around test it a bit more before uploading. It has some empty space in the attic (it's fully usable except for a slight headache ) which I would just leave empty. Unless someone has a good idea what to put there It also doesn't have a name nor description yet. Any ideas for this?

SimmyRN, it sits on the 40x40 lot across the EC. If EA thinks an EC works on such a small lot we can do as well! It looks quite nice.

[ETA] Most lots around the "town center" don't have addresses yet. But I love those that have some! Nice street names! :D

Thanks, Norn, the lot looks great! Also, thank you for reminding me about naming the lots around the square as I forgot.
Scholar
#61 Old 19th Feb 2018 at 3:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny_Bravo
They probably will. I've now posted them here. You can get an idea of what they look like and if the'd fit in the world.

Johnny,
Your houses are so cute! Thanks! They all appear to be 10x15 with the 10 tile wide side fronting on the street. Is that correct? I'll have to do a bit of rearranging as most of the 10x15s on the map have the 15 tile wide side fronting on the street. But, I hope to get at least 2 or 3 onto the map. I really appreciate your assistance!
Top Secret Researcher
#62 Old 19th Feb 2018 at 5:31 AM
Norn- the ranch is great! The barn looks so real, and I really like the landscaping in the corners of the fenced in part. WOW. I am pretty sure an indoor grill is against fire code, and that roof would give a sim more than a little headache.

@Johnny_Bravo Love these houses! It is great how you built such completely different styles on such compact lots. That Victorian is my favorite, though the Craftsman is a close second.

SIMMY- (sorry to shout) Johhny's note on the other thread says he is not sure which EPs are needed for each lot. We might not be able to use all of them. He offered lots for the decorators match thread, and I suggested that we could use a couple for Pet Town. If Johnny agrees to it, I could probably reproduce one on a 10 X 10, using only BG and Pets.

Does anyone have a great knowledge of which build items belongs to which EP, or a way to test for that?

Field Researcher
#63 Old 19th Feb 2018 at 4:24 PM
I spot the Showtime bungalow windows in the first and third house, the fence on the fourth's porch is from Supernatural, and I think the columns on the second are Ambitions but I'm not so good on columns. I might play the eye-spy game while the game loads...
Alchemist
#64 Old 19th Feb 2018 at 4:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimmyRN
Johnny,
Your houses are so cute! Thanks! They all appear to be 10x15 with the 10 tile wide side fronting on the street. Is that correct? I'll have to do a bit of rearranging as most of the 10x15s on the map have the 15 tile wide side fronting on the street. But, I hope to get at least 2 or 3 onto the map. I really appreciate your assistance!

Yes the 10-tiled side is face to the street. It's easier to build deeper into the lots rather than making the homes wider

#65 Old Yesterday at 3:33 AM Last edited by SimmyRN : Yesterday at 7:50 AM.
Quote:
Norn- the ranch is great! The barn looks so real, and I really like the landscaping in the corners of the fenced in part. WOW. I am pretty sure an indoor grill is against fire code, and that roof would give a sim more than a little headache.

@Johnny_Bravo Love these houses! It is great how you built such completely different styles on such compact lots. That Victorian is my favorite, though the Craftsman is a close second.

SIMMY- (sorry to shout) Johhny's note on the other thread says he is not sure which EPs are needed for each lot. We might not be able to use all of them. He offered lots for the decorators match thread, and I suggested that we could use a couple for Pet Town. If Johnny agrees to it, I could probably reproduce one on a 10 X 10, using only BG and Pets.

Does anyone have a great knowledge of which build items belongs to which EP, or a way to test for that?

It's simplest for me to click on the items and look in the catalog but there are websites that list what items came with what expansion packs, I believe. What I always wonder about are the wallpapers and CAST items. There was one 10x15 lot with 10 tile street frontage already on the map. I managed to replace/re-arrange and get 2 more 10x15s on there. (Had to sacrifice another lot to do so but managed to replace it with 2 10x15s and a 10x10.) So, is Johnny okay with us changing his builds to base game/Pets only? Or, would you rather rebuild them on 10x15's, attuned, if that is okay with Johnny? Whatever works best that Johnny is happy with is fine with me. If you need me to download the shells and go through them item by item I can. Just let me know. I need to update the lot list in the first post. I can post the map with the 4 10x15 lots on SimsFIleShare, if you'd like me to? Thanks!
Top Secret Researcher
#66 Old Yesterday at 7:48 AM
Simmy- I realized that any game starter can be used to sort the items. Any items not included in BG or Pets will be replaced. The problem is that I didn't remember to tell Johnny that we were only using the Pets EP. I am not sure how this will affect the look of his lots, or how he feels about this. I will ask him. If he agrees, we then need a new version of the lot for the decorator, not to mention we also need a decorator. I was going to advertise for one in the TS3 forum, but I wanted to get all of this sorted first. Hopefully we can use one or two of Johnny's lots. As for wallpaper and CASt, since they are shells the wallpaper can be replaced. Any other build items can be recolored. I will get back to you when I hear from Johnny and have a plan.

About the world itself, is the plan still to upload an empty version by Feb. 28? I think the empty version can be without RH lots also, unless you want them included. Or there can be a completely empty version and a RH only version, included in the same upload. Then at a later date we can upload the lots, or the world with the lots placed. We can even upload different versions of lots, for instance, a consignment shop that can be added if you have Ambitions. For the world, I haven't run into any problems while testing. If Norn's testing has gone well, I think we need a name and then we are good to go.

I think you should pick your three favorite names, and ask people to vote using the buttons, so vote "agree" for Pet Town, "disagree" for Petanica Islands, "helpful for Petlandia.

Scholar
#67 Old Yesterday at 8:08 AM
Help name this town! Vote "agree" to keep Pet Town; "disagree" for Petanica; "helpful" for Simpetia Isles; or "funny" for Petlandia. Thank you! (And thank you, attuned, for the suggestion!)
Scholar
#68 Old Yesterday at 8:16 AM
Quote:
Simmy- I realized that any game starter can be used to sort the items. Any items not included in BG or Pets will be replaced. The problem is that I didn't remember to tell Johnny that we were only using the Pets EP. I am not sure how this will affect the look of his lots, or how he feels about this. I will ask him. If he agrees, we then need a new version of the lot for the decorator, not to mention we also need a decorator. I was going to advertise for one in the TS3 forum, but I wanted to get all of this sorted first. Hopefully we can use one or two of Johnny's lots. As for wallpaper and CASt, since they are shells the wallpaper can be replaced. Any other build items can be recolored. I will get back to you when I hear from Johnny and have a plan.

I think you should pick your three favorite names, and ask people to vote using the buttons, so vote "agree" for Pet Town, "disagree" for Petanica Islands, "helpful for Petlandia.

Just let me know.

I think uploading a completely empty version and a RH only version in the same upload will be fine. Then, as you said, we can upload a version with lots and alternate lots as well if people want to build alternate lots.

Made a post for name voting. Thanks, attuned!
Alchemist
#69 Old Yesterday at 10:33 PM
I can't decide between Simpetia Isles and Petlandia.
As for my shells, you guys can do as you please on them if the've been designated for this world. I don't think that the appearence will change drastically.

Page 3 of 3