Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#426 Old 11th Mar 2017 at 9:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by arrowsforpens
This challenge looks intense! I have a question, though. Do you count points during it like in the classic Legacy Challenge or is it just pass-fail?

It is pass fail. I can't speak for the challenge designer, but there are too many variables for tracking. From a challenge design perspective, one would need to identify variant levels of success for each of the generational goals, along with potential penalties.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#427 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 10:59 AM
hi one question can the helpers have children?
Scholar
#428 Old 16th Apr 2017 at 12:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by rainbowpancakes
hi one question can the helpers have children?

My understanding is yes, they can. Technically, they are supposed to count against the number of children for the next generation, but to each their own.
Test Subject
#429 Old 22nd Apr 2017 at 10:58 PM
I'm really enjoying this challenge so far! I'm the type of person who keeps making new families without a purpose or storyline all the time so it gives me a more of a focus and goals throughout the generations which I like. I'm currently on my second generation but I wanted to share my story so far.

FIRST GENERATION
A) Mixed Single w/ 2 Help
B) 5 Children
C) Primary Career: Social Media(Internet Personality) - May advertise on your social media page.
D) Secondary Career: Social Media(Internet Personality) - May advertise on your social media page. AGAIN! She really wants to be an Internet star
E) Domestic Dilemma - I rolled Cursed - This generation, you must find a creative way in your story to overcome said negative trait. For example, Quake Zone might be overcome by a sim maxing their writing skill and writing 5 nonfiction bestseller books about earthquake safety, or perhaps by a sim maxing their handiness skill and equipping every appliance/plumbing object in the house with the unbreakable upgrade. Be creative! When the negative trait has been overcome, you may replace it with a trait of your choice if you wish(again, unless you've rolled Random).
F) Town Explorer

Story so far: I made my founder Lauryn Masters and her helpers are her brother Jax and his wife Ariel. Jax's passion in life is gardening and Ariel wanted to be a doctor but quit her job to take care of Lauryn's children. Lauryn fell in love with Akira Kibo and has birthed 4 children with him, first is the oldest son, second is their only daughter Myla (whom I have decided to make the heir of next gen), TWIN boys and finally Lauryn adopted a baby boy making the goal of 5 mixed children.
I wanted to come up with a creative way to overcome the Cursed trait and so Jax collected the magical beans from the Plantsim Challenge to grow the Mystical Magic Bean Portal Tree (a little challenge in itself) Later, he heard a rumor that he could remove the cursed trait if he made a sacrifice to the "Cowplant God" and in the end, the cowplant chose his wife Ariel to be the sacrifice and the trait was changed into the Gnome trait. <The Sacrifice>

Anyway! My second gen heir Myla is going to go the same path as her mother and have 5 children as well, with a future husband and wants to become a tech guru :D
Scholar
#430 Old 23rd Apr 2017 at 3:41 AM
Default New Chapter!
1.06 Shifting Perspectives

A new chapter for my Random Legacy, at long last. Highlights include: a new child, the trick to a perfect Pasta Primavera, the trials of small-town criminal activity and the ugly truths of what happens when an underground laboratory's illegal experiments go awry.
Test Subject
#431 Old 16th May 2017 at 7:23 PM
I just started first generation

I rolled:
Marital status: Couple
Children: 2
Career: Culinary(Mixologist)
Second Career: Treasure Hunter
Misc: My Precious
Goal: Deadbeat Parents
Test Subject
#432 Old 16th May 2017 at 11:13 PM
I have one question:
What if I have rolled 1 child and then get twins, have I then lost?
Test Subject
#433 Old 17th May 2017 at 6:27 AM
And I just have another question,I have rolled the 'deadbeat parents' can I then hire a Nanny to help with the skills?
Test Subject
#434 Old 19th May 2017 at 3:46 PM Last edited by Crowe40217 : 19th May 2017 at 10:09 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by ElisabethDs
I have one question:
What if I have rolled 1 child and then get twins, have I then lost?

Nope! That number just means that you're aiming for one kid (so in this case one pregnancy) but surprise multiples are fine.

Quote: Originally posted by ElisabethDs
And I just have another question,I have rolled the 'deadbeat parents' can I then hire a Nanny to help with the skills?

Eh, probably not. I'd hold off until Tigger89 is able to put their two cents in.

Edit: So I'm reading over older posts and Tigger89 actually mentioned that nannies were fine and maybe even recommended as long as you don't have "no service Sims" for that generation. Good luck!
Test Subject
#435 Old 30th May 2017 at 5:39 PM
I'm so excited for the sims 4 parenthood to come out. I'm so curious about how that will affect this challenge. My next generation will need to be perfect children so I hope it gets updated before my heir comes to age and is ready to procreate!
Test Subject
#436 Old 2nd Jun 2017 at 2:38 AM
I've mucked around with this challenge a couple times now, but I think I'm finally ready to do it properly. So, this is my Archeron Legacy

Raisa Archeron (Gen 1):
Marital Status: Single
No. Children: 2
Career: Social Media (Public Relations)
Generation Goals: Dependable - must complete all daily tasks
Misc. Goal: Random - All traits and aspirations must be randomised. (I do this with all my sims anyway. Makes it more interesting :P)

Honestly, this challenge is so perfect for me. It gives me a goal for every generation while still leaving an element of surprise . The new parenthood pack is gonna shake things up quite a bit though. I'll be interested to see how that turns out.
Test Subject
#437 Old 10th Jun 2017 at 4:11 PM Last edited by Marie Dean : 14th Jun 2017 at 2:24 AM. Reason: Updates
I Gotta Try This!!!!!
Well I'm gonna try it. Here's what I got and chose.
Succession Laws
Gender= Equality
Bloodline= Modern
Heir= Random
Species= Tolerant

For Generation 1 I rolled this.
Marital Status (6) = Couple
# Children (4) = 2
Primary Career (5) = conventional
C1 roll (16) = Tech Guru ( Start-up Entre)
Secondary Career (6) = unconventional
C2 roll (11) = Professional Gamer
Generation Goal (6) = Collector
Misc. Fun (3) = Mischief Managed

Now to CAS and start the game play. wish me luck!
In CAS I made Leanna Healy and Sri Healy
Heir (2) = Sri Healy
Traits for Sri are Genius, Geek, and Perfectionist. Traits for Leanna are Genius, Geek, and Neat.
Both have the Aspiration of Computer Whiz
Rolled for lot traits used all of them good and bad
First roll (11) = On a dark ley line
Second (2) = Chef's Kitchen
Third (20) = Child's Play
Scholar
#438 Old 10th Jun 2017 at 6:59 PM
Default Heir Vote time!
Well, Catherine has gotten to Elder, so I feel that it's time to let people decide:

Who will be the Generation 2 heir?
Test Subject
#439 Old 11th Jun 2017 at 4:02 AM
Is there any update to do with Parenthood GP Using the Character Values?
Test Subject
#440 Old 11th Jun 2017 at 12:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by barraakeno
Is there any update to do with Parenthood GP Using the Character Values?

Fingers crossed it'll be soon!
Test Subject
#441 Old 13th Jun 2017 at 4:38 PM
Hey guys! WCIF a legacy challenge roller for sims 4? I'm following the thread but the one in randomlegacy.com is not active anymore i think.
Test Subject
#442 Old 14th Jun 2017 at 1:47 AM Last edited by Marie Dean : 2nd Jul 2017 at 2:59 AM.
Healy Family Second Generation!
Leanna and Sri had 3 children.
First pregnancy = Fiona Healy (Vampire)
Second pregnancy (twins) = Clark Healy (Vampire) and Chelsie Healy (Vampire)

Traits (random from legacy challenge generator)
Fiona / Clark / Chelsie
Toddler= Silly=Happy Toddler / Wild / Clingy
Child= Squeamish /
Teen=
Adult=

Aspirations
Fiona / Clark / Chelsie
Childhood = Artistic Prodigy / /
Teen = / /
Adult = / /

Generation 2 Challenge !

Heir (2) = Clark Healy
Marital Status (3) = Single
# children (9) = 4
Primary Career (1) = Conventional
C1 (10) = Criminal (Oracle)
Generation Goals (16) = Best Club Ever
Misc. Fun (15) = Hobbyist (Boxing)

Still playing so editing will be on going!
Lab Assistant
#443 Old 21st Jun 2017 at 11:23 PM
WELP I've been attempting this challenge for about a month
first attempt day one i go to parithus house hold to flirt with someone. another goes to grill something and in the process of trying to put it out everyone including my sim dies.
second attempt after 6 consecutive rocket crashes she no longer has enough to rebuild the stupid thing and i can't make any money.
third attempt she has a kid and i thought i paused before going to work, but apparently i didn't so she starved to death. thankfully i had a previous save which put me back to the point the child was just born. then i continued from there. Currently my second gen just had there first child

first gen roll:
single
one child
space explorer
fulfilled: the curator
fixer upper

second gen
couple
2 kids
freelance photographer
gardener
Themed display(due to the last gens career and the fact that the heir is half alien and his spouse a full one i chose space hes doing pictures she doing the plants and ill send him up eventually for stuff to add to it)
Flea Market Fanatic

3rd gen
couple
1 kid
Writer (author)
unemployed
Expansionist
joker

delivered by my carrier pigeon, Jim Geom.
Test Subject
#444 Old 24th Jun 2017 at 10:25 PM
OP hasn't signed on in over month. Do you think there will be any challenge updates?
Test Subject
#445 Old 1st Jul 2017 at 8:12 PM
Default hopefully
Quote: Originally posted by capricorn122390
OP hasn't signed on in over month. Do you think there will be any challenge updates?

I hope so because there needs to be some changes.
C2 Unconventional Career = Professional Gamer can not make money livestreaming -unless you are in the tech Guru esport, or have a mod and those are not allowed. The thing is you can't make money by having the career!
Test Subject
#446 Old 1st Jul 2017 at 9:43 PM
Edit - this has been updated and moved to simsroller.com
(this is a new domain and may be up and down for a day while it propogates)

Quote: Originally posted by Coreina
Hey guys!

I love the Random Legacy Challenge, but hate rolling dice. My husband sat down and created a roller for me - check it out! There is a spot for comments or suggestions. It's directly following the rules here, but let us know if something isn't working correctly. All necessary re-rolls should be built in, except for ones that we have no way of checking (like which generation it is).

Enjoy!

http://randomlegacy.com/

P.S. If you hit 'Roll Summary' at the top it makes an easy way to copy and paste your generation summary!
Test Subject
#447 Old 6th Jul 2017 at 12:59 PM
I have a couple questions about the Space Explorer unconventional career and a few others. First, I have the GTW EP so my helper that has this career can travel to Sixam if he does an upgrade on the rocket for the portal. The rules say he can sell anything he finds during his travels, does this include stuff in that hidden world? Can he collect the Geodes, aliens, crystals, plants, etc. and sell them?

Second, he successfully helped the Green Man who gave him a cow berry and a UFO plant seed. Both of these are quite rare, especially the UFO seed and I hesitate to just sell them. I don't really care about the cow plant berry, I think those things are creepy. lol But I've had gardeners in the past and I know how sometimes it can be exceedingly difficult and/or time consuming trying to get the UFO seed.

Plus, does my heir/helpers/spouses have to keep their original careers until they reach Level 10 or can they quit and join something else? The reason I ask is my other helper in this generation has the Detective career and it's turning out very glitchy. For one thing, she interrogated the suspect, but it didn't register that she had done so. Plus, she can't get promoted unless I travel to work with her which leaves a baby and toddler in the household vulnerable. I almost had her toddler daughter taken away by hunger because she can't feed herself unless directed and the other Sims still at home won't autonomously feed them. They can't afford a Nanny, but even if they could, I've heard they're not very helpful.

Lastly, can my Sims sell upgrade parts they get from fixing things? They don't have good enough plumbing yet to justify upgrading and my laptop isn't powerful enough to handle an overloaded inventory of objects or an abundance of clutter on the lot. It starts lagging horribly making the game unplayable.

Thanks for reworking this challenge for TS4, so far I'm absolutely loving it! This is only my second try at completing a legacy and I'd never heard of this version until I stumbled across it in a thread on the TS4 official forums. It seemed interesting and fun so I thought I'd give it a whirl.
Test Subject
#448 Old 18th Jul 2017 at 7:09 AM
Okay, I guess this thread is dead since the creator seems to be missing and nobody has posted since I did almost two weeks ago. It's a shame since I think this challenge is a lot of fun and I see others have been hoping for a Parenthood GP rules update. I don't have that pack, but I can see how it would be important to those who do. Anyway, I'll continue following the rules as best I can and just try to use common sense for the things I can't get any clarification. Happy Simming y'all!
Test Subject
#449 Old 23rd Jul 2017 at 12:34 PM
Anybody want to take the challenge over?
Test Subject
#450 Old 3rd Aug 2017 at 7:47 AM
(Quick heads up: English is not my first language so... yeah, sorry about any weird things happening here.)

I really love this challenge and don't want it to die so... Ok, I'm gonna answer how I've understood the rules, and how I've followed them in my gameplay, but first I wann say that don't follow rules that sims too "unfunny", the idea of the challenge is having a great time following "funny" rules haha

Quote: Originally posted by Karababy42
I have a couple questions about the Space Explorer unconventional career and a few others. First, I have the GTW EP so my helper that has this career can travel to Sixam if he does an upgrade on the rocket for the portal. The rules say he can sell anything he finds during his travels, does this include stuff in that hidden world? Can he collect the Geodes, aliens, crystals, plants, etc. and sell them?

For this I would say no. The travels to the space and the "actual" travel to Sixam are two different things. To sell stuff from that hidden world you would have to roll "Treasure Hunter" as an Unconventional Career, as you still can build a rocket just to travel to Sixam. Exception: plants, those are part of the Gradener career.

Second, he successfully helped the Green Man who gave him a cow berry and a UFO plant seed. Both of these are quite rare, especially the UFO seed and I hesitate to just sell them. I don't really care about the cow plant berry, I think those things are creepy. lol But I've had gardeners in the past and I know how sometimes it can be exceedingly difficult and/or time consuming trying to get the UFO seed.

I didn't understand this very well... sorry...

Plus, does my heir/helpers/spouses have to keep their original careers until they reach Level 10 or can they quit and join something else? The reason I ask is my other helper in this generation has the Detective career and it's turning out very glitchy. For one thing, she interrogated the suspect, but it didn't register that she had done so. Plus, she can't get promoted unless I travel to work with her which leaves a baby and toddler in the household vulnerable. I almost had her toddler daughter taken away by hunger because she can't feed herself unless directed and the other Sims still at home won't autonomously feed them. They can't afford a Nanny, but even if they could, I've heard they're not very helpful.

If there's a glitch and the only task left for you to get promoted I would try with some cheat, but if the profession/career itself is glitchy... just re-roll a new career for that sim. In the other side, I haven't tried a profession having toddlers, so I don't know if you actually have a glitch or there's something you're missing, so I need help with that part.

Lastly, can my Sims sell upgrade parts they get from fixing things? They don't have good enough plumbing yet to justify upgrading and my laptop isn't powerful enough to handle an overloaded inventory of objects or an abundance of clutter on the lot. It starts lagging horribly making the game unplayable.

I would say...
Quote:
6: Treasure Hunter - Dig up those little weird rocky-looking things and sell what you find. You may also sell the little treasures(aka, unwanted upgrade parts) that you dig out of your household plumbing, electronics and appliances.

But if you have lagging problems becuase of that, you could sell it and then use the "money" cheat to get rid of those simoleons.

To anyone reading this post and following the challenge: please don't let it die? Keep Asking questions, giving answers and posting updates about your gameplay with this challenge! ^-^
Page 18 of 26