Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jan 2018 at 4:29 AM
Default How to matchmake: Builders & Decorators
I would love to start a thread where someone who built a shell could find someone to decorate it, or someone who decorates could find a shell. How would this work? That is what this thread is for. I don't think it should be a request thread, since that is not in keeping with the MTS way. Most of the builders I know have a least one or two lots in their WIP folder. Many people prefer decorating over building. Let's come up with ways to bring these people together.

One of the questions is- after the project is done, what happens? Does the builder retain rights to upload it with their own furnishings? Do the pair use our shiny new group creator account (M4BCreators) and upload it together? Can more than one decorator use a shell and then compare pics? Are there multiple ways this can and should work- for example, the builder states the parameters under which they want to submit their shell? Please, give us your suggestions, questions and concerns. Thanks!

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
Advertisement
dodgy builder
#2 Old 28th Jan 2018 at 9:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by attuned
One of the questions is- after the project is done, what happens? Does the builder retain rights to upload it with their own furnishings? Do the pair use our shiny new group creator account (M4BCreators) and upload it together? Can more than one decorator use a shell and then compare pics? Are there multiple ways this can and should work- for example, the builder states the parameters under which they want to submit their shell? Please, give us your suggestions, questions and concerns. Thanks!

That could be a good idea. I usually prefer decorating with tons of CC, but the time it takes to compile a list of the CC used in a house, is often to timeconsuming. I wouldn't mind making a house for someone else to decorate.

I don't think we need to request anything. We can just post.a shell, and someone picks it up and start decorating. The decorator would then have to compile the list and upload. Some probably think that is an unfair way of doing it, but the most CC is usually used while decorating, and you decide yourself what shell to pick up. Perhaps I might even upload a undecorated shell, without outdoor paint or anything.

I would be happy if I got the cred for building the house, and the decorator would get the cred for that part.

I think it would be fun to see what people did differently with my shell. Using the new creator account would be a requirement for me I think. I wouldn't like to see my shell all over the place.

Then I could make a series posting some of the decorations on my blog, without any reviews or anything, just for people to make up their own mind.
Scholar
#3 Old 28th Jan 2018 at 1:03 PM
If we have a thread where people post their shells and a selection of pictures illustrating them as some kind of directory, then each post could have a link to another thread where people post what they come up with for that particular shell. If that makes sense?
I think uploading it with the new account would be a good idea.
I also like the idea of different people attempting the interiors and see how they differ from each other. We could then upload multiple versions in the same download to offer a variety of 'flavours'.
Instructor
#4 Old 28th Jan 2018 at 10:02 PM
You know I'm all for this idea :D

I think it would be great for uploads from this to go on the group account. It'll make sure that both builder and decorator get credit and can keep track of their creations, and it''ll probably get more people interested in the group when they keep seeing nice uploads coming from it. It's also a nice way of making something that's usually very solitary into a collaborative effort. From the standpoint of someone who decorates more than they build, redecorating existing shells is one of my favorite things about the game.

It might also be fun to do some challenge projects (like a certain expansion pack, theme, or color scheme).
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 4:11 AM
These are great ideas. I don't know how MTS feels about uploads of different styles of the same lot, but I will find out. A main thread with links to a thread for each lot is a good idea. It will keep things better organized that way. So what we really need is a shell or two or a dozen, to get things started. As soon as we have a shell, I will start a thread here and post in the main forum for the game (TS2 or 3 or 4) to send people this way.

New at Simszoo
dodgy builder
#6 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 9:28 AM Last edited by Volvenom : 2nd Feb 2018 at 2:51 PM.
I have seveal houses I stopped in thw middle of decorating. Where do you want them? I can send you 1 to begin with perhaps. Better not dominate the hole thing. I have such a production I might dominate it quite soon.

I pm'd you a modern and a traditional house.
Alchemist
#7 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 2:50 PM
I think plenty of us have a lot of unfinished homes/shells. I know for sure I do at least. It would be interesting to see others have a take in furnishing shells, seeing a different finished product as what we're used to from certain creators.

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#8 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 4:57 AM
This weekend I will set up master threads for matching builders and decorators. I think we need three, one for each game.
Volvenom has kindly sent me shells for TS4.
Fergus, Johnny, we could really use a few for TS3.
TS2- we need you!!!

New at Simszoo
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 5:33 AM
I would suggest if one person builds a shell and one decorates with the intention of uploading that it should be a creator group.

As for the same shell, it's okay to make two separate uploads if they are different enough from each other. You can see in my uploads I did twos separate uploads of a maxis house, but they are totally different.

For my gated community which is also residential, I did that as one upload since they are still quite similar.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#10 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 12:55 PM
Scholar
#11 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 1:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by attuned
This weekend I will set up master threads for matching builders and decorators. I think we need three, one for each game.
Volvenom has kindly sent me shells for TS4.
Fergus, Johnny, we could really use a few for TS3.
TS2- we need you!!!

Can't we just add them as soon as you put the thread up?
Alchemist
#12 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 2:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
I wouldn't mind adding shells, for TS2. But, I would prefer my shells were part of a group that includes myself.

Join, we have cookies.

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#13 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 2:21 PM
Jo- yes, agreed
HL - of course, thanks
Fergus- yes, thanks
Johnny- cookies and lemonade

New at Simszoo
dodgy builder
#14 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 6:00 PM
I'm just not sure I like the seriousness of this project at the moment. I was just hoping it could be a fun thing really, and then we could perhaps upload some, but we don't have to make it a rule.

I'll see if I can make you a front view of the houses. In ts4 though without any paint, it's going to be hard to see the edges of a shell. That's why I sent you an iso view instead. I could perhaps take street view in perspective a bit on the side.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 5:19 AM
After reading all the different expectations, I propose a master thread for each of the three games. The builder of the shell can post the lot and a few pictures. She/he can then post how they would like the shell used. Would you like people to decorate it just for fun, and post pictures? Would you like to suggest a few styles? Would you like only one person to claim it for upload to our group creator account? Would you like to be part of a group that decorates it for upload to the group account? The finished projects do not need to be uploaded, but it would be nice to see pictures. I think each builder sets the rules for their own shell.

This is supposed to be fun. It does not have to be strict, or serious, or intense.

New at Simszoo