Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

MTS Speed-Building Challenge - posted on 17th Oct 2018 at 7:25 PM
Replies: 330 (Who?), Viewed: 20722 times. | You are currently not a member of this group. Would you like to join it now?
Page 1 of 14
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 6:12 AM Last edited by M4BCreators : 29th Jul 2018 at 4:55 AM. Reason: Updated May 23, 2018
Default Petlandia Village Finished - Final Testing in Progress!
We're almost ready to upload Petlandia Village! Preparations are in progress and screenshots are being taken. Petlandia Village is a quaint place with everything Petlandiers need - a civic center, hometown hospital and research center, shops, businesses, a village school, and plenty of family and pet friendly homes of many sizes. A number of home are starter priced. There are even some apartments.

Petlandia Village was a collaborative effort by M4BCreators. The town and lots are built with base game, Pets EP, and free Store items only. It has no CC or items from other EPs or stuff packs. Many of the roads and sidewalks are "grass" to help maintain the look of the cat's and dog's "collars" and the cat's "stripes". The fishing spot is in the dog's ear and the beach is at the tip of the cat's tail. Routing should accommodate wild horses. Or, players can turn off wild horses in game options.

Edit: Updated pictures of Petlandia Village in CAW and in game.

Petlandia Village in CAW

Petlandia Village in Game

Petlandia Village with Lot Designations

Petlandia Lot Table

AddressLot TypeSizeDescription
1 Meow LaneResidential10x10Dog Lover's Dream by SimmyRN
2 Meow LaneResidential30x30Beech Cottage by Norn
3 Meow LaneResidential10x10Pet Friendly Cottage by SimmyRN
5 Meow LaneResidential15x10Tiny Cottage by Crowkeeper
7 Meow LaneResidential10x10Purple Paws Cottage by daisylee
215 Brown Collar Ave.Residential10x15Tiny Californian by Johnny_Bravo & tunafishfish
43 Calico RoadResidential10x15Tiny Craftsman by Johnny_Bravo & tunafishfish
83 Purr RoadResidential30x20Birdie Apartments by SimmyRN
81 Purr RoadResidential10x10The Sister Townhouse by Crowkeeper & orose
80 Purr RoadResidential10x10The Brother Townhouse by Crowkeeper & orose
14 Meow LaneResidential30x30The Distant Relative by Norn
1 Claws Ave.Residential15x10CatNap by attuned
3 Claws Ave.Residential20x15Red Ranch Style by SimmyRN
5 Claws Ave.Residential20x15Auntie's Cottage by Norn
7 Claws Ave.Residential10x10Cute Green Cottage by SimmyRN
9 Claws Ave.Residential10x10Cat Scratched Cottage by daisylee
2000 Kitty Litter CircleResidential30x20Two Tone Wonder Starter - Pets by SimmyRN
16 Meow LaneResidential20x25The Towers Apartments - Studio by SimmyRN
18 Meow LaneResidential10x15Yellow Cottage by SimmyRN
20 Meow LaneResidential10x10Fairy Tail by attuned
26 Whoof LaneResidential15x20Dog Dazed Cottage by daisylee
24 Whoof LaneResidential20x40The Square Hamster by Johnny_Bravo & aisquared
1 Bow Wow LaneCommunity10x15Community Garden by orose
2 Bow Wow LaneResidential13x25Fetch Stick by SimmyRN
3 Dog Leg PathResidential10x10The White Barn by Norn
Cat's Nape CapeCommunity10x20Pepie Park (Small Park) by BlackjackGabbiani
201 Brown Collar Ave.Community25x45Empty
9 Meow LaneCommunity20x15Rustler's Den (Criminal Warehouse) by SimmyRN
213 Brown Collar Ave.Community30x30Catkeshi's Castle (Cat Jungle) by Norn & Crowkeeper
93 Purr RoadCommunity15x10Wet Whiskers Pool (Pool) by Crowkeeper
91 Purr RoadCommunity20x30Luv Pets Bistro Place (No Visitors Allowed; Bistro Rabbit hole) by SimmyRN
11 Meow LaneCommunity30x20Petlandoo (Big Park) by attuned
Town SquareCommunity64x64Petlandia Town Square (Big Park) by Norn
1000 Kitty Litter CircleCommunity10x15Little Free Library (Library) by tunafishfish
1 Dog Leg PathCommunity15x15Floof's Purrfect Gallery (Art Gallery) by Norn
2 Dog Leg PathCommunity10x10"Walkie's" Club 2 Story (Gym) by SimmyRN
27 Whoof LaneCommunity15x15Petlandia Cemetery (Graveyard) by SimmyRN
22 Whoof LaneCommunity40x40Wolfson's Hospital & Research (No Visitors Allowed) by Norn
20 Whoof LaneCommunity50x50Civic Center (Visitors Allowed) by SimmyRN
101 Blue Collar Ave.Community45x20Bark Park (Dog Park) by attuned
3 Bow Wow LaneCommunity40x40EA Petite Pony Equestrian Center (Equestrian Center)
Dog's EarCommunity25x35Dog 'n Suds Fishing Spot (Fishing Spot) by SimmyRN
4 Bow Wow LaneCommunity40x40Up and down Stables (Horse Ranch) by Norn
Tippy Tail RoadCommunity60x64Cattails Beach (Beach) by SimmyRN

A few Petlandia Village lots are accessible by sidewalk only - two 10x10 lots on Dog Leg Path, the 10x20 Community lot with Pepie Park, the Fishing Spot, and the 10x15 and 13x25 lots below the Fishing Spot.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 2:29 PM
Looks great! I have a pet groomer/ kennel shop for a 30 X 20 lot that I would like to add.

If a new builder would like a partner for a residential lot or park- I am available.

I can test also.

Need help building? Mentoring for Builders: Click Here

Looking for an amazing new Sci-Fi world? Visit SATURENORN
Instructor
#3 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 3:56 AM
Have you already put in the graveyard? I really like the shape of the world, btw. Is it car free?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 4:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tunafishfish
Have you already put in the graveyard? I really like the shape of the world, btw. Is it car free?

Thank you! Yes, there is already a graveyard. But, if that's what you'd really like to build, you certainly submit one. It might be better than the one already there! The world/town is not car free. A lot of the roads are made of grass so they blend in. That's so the roads don't distract from the cat's and dog's collars and the cat's stripes.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 4:34 AM
Please note that the available lot list was edited to remove two 10x10 lots which were replaced with a 20x15 and a 15x10. Also noted that attuned has claimed a 30x20 lot.
Scholar
#6 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 10:15 AM
I can offer a residental for 1-2 sims and a cat. It sits on a 20x15 lot, basegame and pets only. Is this small town enough? If so, I can upload it for you.
Screenshots
Instructor
#7 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 3:38 PM
I'm curious about just how small I can make a graveyard and still get the mausoleum, a millpond, a statue, a few graves and a bench in... You'd like either the base game or Pets mausoleum? I could also make a small library, if you'd like, on a 15x15.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 12:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norn
I can offer a residental for 1-2 sims and a cat. It sits on a 20x15 lot, basegame and pets only. Is this small town enough? If so, I can upload it for you.

It looks super! Thanks so much Norn! Do you want to upload it to MTS? PM it to me? Post it to the thread? I'll make a note in the lot list.
SimmyRN
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 1:05 AM
Quote:
I'm curious about just how small I can make a graveyard and still get the mausoleum, a millpond, a statue, a few graves and a bench in... You'd like either the base game or Pets mausoleum? I could also make a small library, if you'd like, on a 15x15.

tunafishfish,
The current graveyard is 15 x 15. It has a mausoleum, very small pond, some graves, and a bench. It hasn't been play tested yet but should route okay. Will post a picture so you can see the layout. You could probably fit all you want in a 15 x 20 or 20 x 20. Norn is posting a house for a 15 x 20 horizontal lot. The remaining 15 x 20 is a vertical lot (15 tiles wide at the street x 20 tiles deep), if you want to use it. Or, there is a 20x20 lot too. Whatever you think. It would probably be best to use the Pets mausoleum as it fits with the theme and is one of the smaller mausoleums.

A small library would be wonderful! Thank you! (Be sure to use the base game "The Book Corral" or "Penningway Bookshelf" in the library somewhere as those are the only base game bookshelves from which sims can learn skills. Not sure about the Pets bookshelves. Anyone know?)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 1:22 AM
15x15 Graveyard currently in Pet Town. tunafishfish is welcome to build another. Hopefully, these pictures will give some size reference.
Screenshots
Instructor
#11 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 3:51 AM
I think I managed a graveyard in 15x20, so I'd go with M4B's. I did a library on 10x15 with 2 stories, 3 skill shelves, some general reading, the kids book, 4 computer work stations, a seating area, and a children's play area with a doll house and toy bin. I made ample use of those buydebug lights and everything is base game. I could throw some of the pets plants in, though, if you'd like. Screenshots are coming!
Instructor
#12 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 2:40 PM
Let me know what you think about the library. It's on a 10x15 and the foundation is 8x10, I think
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 3:21 AM
Looks great! Did you plan to put a parking spot or seating or something in the leftover space? When finished, it would probably be best to PM it to the M4BCreators account so it can be placed in the world. Thanks so much for building it!
Instructor
#14 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 3:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by M4BCreators
Looks great! Did you plan to put a parking spot or seating or something in the leftover space? When finished, it would probably be best to PM it to the M4BCreators account so it can be placed in the world. Thanks so much for building it!

I'll see if there's enough space, but if not, I'll drag the back out to one square from the perimeter. I tend to float buildings in the center of the lot, so there might be only two squares back there.
Scholar
#15 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 9:09 PM
Simmy, I sent you a pm with the download link for the lot! Let me know if something needs to be changed.

Tunafishfish, what a cute little library! I'm always amazed what can be done on such small lots.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 4:36 AM
Quote:
I'll see if there's enough space, but if not, I'll drag the back out to one square from the perimeter. I tend to float buildings in the center of the lot, so there might be only two squares back there.

Oh, sorry! I didn't realize you'd put the building in the center of the lot. That's fine. No need to change it if you don't want to. Oftentimes when I build Community lots, I tend to put the building off center so I can include a parking space or seating area. I apologize for assuming you'd done the same thing. Thanks so much for building the library! Feel free to PM it to me or post it in the thread - whatever you prefer. Then, I'll place your lot and Norn's (plus a couple of houses I've built) and put the town up for testing. Did I understand that you want for us to use the existing graveyard? If so, maybe you can submit yours for the Pets theme (if you used Pets items). If not, feel free to post/PM it too, if you want to.

I'll try to update the screenshot in the first post as well so people can see where we're at.
SimmyRN
Instructor
#17 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 2:53 PM
I did the cemetery on a larger lot, I don't know if it qualifies for the pets theme since the only pets items are the ranch weeds, purple heather, and the pets graves (3 cats, 2 dogs, and 1 horse). I used the base game mausoleum since I like its looks better. I know the game likes to code graveyards as creepy, but to me the "creepiness" comes from an overgrown or untended graveyard. A well-tended cemetery can be as pleasant to visit as a park. So I tried to make a creepy cemetery, but I still think it's pretty. It's up to you, but as a player, I'd rather have a larger house lot available than a larger graveyard.
Screenshots
Instructor
#18 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 10:28 PM
I tried to make two 10x10 residential shells. I am not sure what is wrong with my eyes but I believed I saw "townhouse" and now I see you wrote "small town" when you talked about the style so I am not sure If this would be suitable. Please let me know. If it's not possible to use them I can try something else
Screenshots

Visit my Tumblr for more creations http://crowkeeperthesimmer.tumblr.com :)
Top Secret Researcher
#19 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 2:27 AM
Norn- your house is darling.

Tunafishfish- love the library! Your cemetery is very nice. I especially like the tree by the pond. I have to agree that as a player, a larger house lot is preferred over a larger cemetery.
Word of caution- be careful about your use of spawners. They multiply every time a lot is placed or rotated, and can cause lag.

Crowkeeper- I guess we would need to see it in the world. The house on the right has a smaller profile and may work.

Simmy- is an empty version of the world available for testing? Also, files cannot be PM'd. They need to be uploaded to this thread or to a file sharing site, like Sims File Share.

Instructor
#20 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 1:58 PM
I've got the deathfish spawner and the fresh water marker, but I couldn't find out which special seed spawner produces the death flower seed. Do you know? I was debating placing either rats or roaches in the lot to give it that extra "ick" factor.
Instructor
#21 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 7:50 PM
I tried to make something more suitable. It's 10x10 residential again:
Screenshots

Visit my Tumblr for more creations http://crowkeeperthesimmer.tumblr.com :)
Scholar
#22 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 9:29 PM
Crowkeeper, I think all of your lots are suitable (And adorable). The first two maybe for the "town center" next to the RH lot, the little cottage for the "suburbs"?

Sorry, tunafish, I don't know either which of them spawns the death flower seed.
Instructor
#23 Old 10th Feb 2018 at 12:53 AM
Ok, I did some tweaking this afternoon and pulled the library's wall back to the last tile so there's a bit more space for routing. I did some CASTing of the walls and the light fixtures and put a small seating area in the loft area. I also took out two of the spawners in the graveyard and I think I'll submit it for the monthly theme. I'm an idiot that forgot to screenshot the changes. Mostly, I just realized that the stained glass light fixtures didn't match each other, I set the window frames to match the woodwork, I changed the wallpaper to be a bit more blue green, and I put a stall in the bathroom. Here it is, custard checked and everything.
Download - please read all instructions before downloading any files!
File Type: 7z Little Free Library.7z (1.78 MB, 9 downloads) - View custom content
Test Subject
Original Poster
#24 Old 10th Feb 2018 at 1:57 AM
Crowkeeper - your lots are great! I think the townhouses will be fine, as suggested, by the big 64x64 lot. Might rearrange a bit to put them on the right as they'd probably fit better there. I agree the cute little cottage would work well farther away from the "town center". Sorry, I didn't realize you can't PM lots. If you'd care to post them here on the thread, it would really be appreciated.

tunafishfish - I found this about the death flower seeds here at MTS "The Life Fruit, Death Flower and Flame Fruit all come from Special Seeds. So you can place "Seed Spawner Special 1/2/3" on any lot and wait for the apparition of Special Seeds". Thank you so much for posting your lovely little library! We can certainly keep the smaller graveyard. I saw your post asking if your bigger graveyard lot is acceptable to submit for the theme. I really think it will be since it has pets headstones, if nothing else. I hope it gets accepted.

attuned, norn - Good idea to post the empty world for testing. Thanks! I'll do that here in the thread after I save all the lots in the bin.

Thank you so much to everyone for your help! Everyone's submissions are wonderful! SimmyRN
Top Secret Researcher
#25 Old 10th Feb 2018 at 5:19 AM
Crowkeeper- what an adorable cottage. I want to live there.

tunafishfish- great minds think alike. I was going to suggest that you upload your library for the monthly theme. The graveyard would work too, or maybe both?
How does the library work for the monthly theme you ask? We are going to submit Simmy's lovely world in its empty form. Then some of us will submit our individual lots as: Blank Blank, restaurant for Pets World. So any lot for the world would, I think, qualify for the monthly theme. The staff is usually pretty flexible about that. I am excited you are thinking about uploads. If you want some guidance through the process, head over to Mentoring for Builders. We can walk you through it. It is a steep learning curve, even after you have done it a few times. We can definitely help with pictures. That is the number one reason uploads are rejected or sent back for more work. Yay!

Page 1 of 14