Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#8226 Old 20th May 2018 at 9:26 AM
Drawing on that idea, I'd like to see a scenario where a pixel has to go for a driver's test and the results are randomized like a pop-up picking choice A or B. It'd be interesting to see.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#8227 Old 20th May 2018 at 9:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
Drawing on that idea, I'd like to see a scenario where a pixel has to go for a driver's test and the results are randomized like a pop-up picking choice A or B. It'd be interesting to see.

Well, there is a teen career that let a teen train for their licence.
It would be great if it were possible to add a driver's license to a teen career as a career reward.
But I'm not sure it's possible to add a careerreward to a teen career.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Follow me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Field Researcher
#8228 Old 20th May 2018 at 10:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
You'd think but given they fire developers and hire new ones for each EP that's not necessarily the case xD Don't know if they did that for Sims 1, but supposedly they did for Sims 2. Once I found that out all the weirdness in code suddenly made sense.

It was the same thing for The Sims 1, which is why for example you can't install the expansion packs out of order because each new team of devs built upon the old code from the previous expansion pack. It was a mess but it was the way it was :P
Mad Poster
#8229 Old 20th May 2018 at 12:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759
which Sims1 pack had volleyball?

about the developers/programmers; if they had access to Sims1's code, they probably could have figured out how to adapt things to Sims2.

We have access to Sims 1's code and we haven't figured out volleyball for Sims 2 yet. I think the games are too different.
Mad Poster
#8230 Old 20th May 2018 at 3:39 PM
About the active games, such as volleyball, baseball, etc. If you notice in the game, 2 people at best can play basketball or soccer. I think the main problem with the idea is the fact that the animations for those are pretty complex,and they couldn't find a way to work it out to have more than 2 people playing. Thousands of lines of code just for 2 people-can you imagine what it would be like for 10 people, such as in the real life versions of it, with 2 teams?

It'd take lots of computer power to do it, and I know at the time computers didn't have that kind of processing power to handle them. I'm not so sure that they can now either-but of course there are far more complex games with far more complex animations now available.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Lab Assistant
#8231 Old 20th May 2018 at 5:02 PM
I'd love to see more floral hood deco! The only ones i have seen are these and the sunflower field made recently . And i mean deco that can be seen from the lot ;o;
Mad Poster
#8232 Old 21st May 2018 at 3:06 AM
About the active games, such as volleyball, baseball, etc. If you notice in the game, 2 people at best can play basketball or soccer. I think the main problem with the idea is the fact that the animations for those are pretty complex,and they couldn't find a way to work it out to have more than 2 people playing. Thousands of lines of code just for 2 people-can you imagine what it would be like for 10 people, such as in the real life versions of it, with 2 teams?

It'd take lots of computer power to do it, and I know at the time computers didn't have that kind of processing power to handle them. I'm not so sure that they can now either-but of course there are far more complex games with far more complex animations now available.

How did they manage volleyball in Sims 1 then? And I wouldn't mind games with only two people playing, like tennis.
Scholar
#8233 Old 21st May 2018 at 4:05 AM
Sims can play 'kicky ball', catch, toss football and water balloon fights. The game and our computers could easily handle beach volley ball in sims2, we just need the animations to pat the ball back instead catch and throw, everything else is either already there or easy to make.
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#8234 Old 21st May 2018 at 4:07 AM
Could we use the throw basketball animation perhaps?
Mad Poster
#8235 Old 21st May 2018 at 7:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch
Sims can play 'kicky ball', catch, toss football and water balloon fights. The game and our computers could easily handle beach volley ball in sims2, we just need the animations to pat the ball back instead catch and throw, everything else is either already there or easy to make.

Honestly the combination of water balloon fight (stance) and kicky ball (using knees to toss around the ball from one to another) would work. Just cut those two around and all it would be left is to create custom or tweak an existing one.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Scholar
#8236 Old 21st May 2018 at 8:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SnorkackSearcher
That depends on who you consider an "elder", and whether your sims have IVF. Natural pregnancies over 50 are rare, and Wikipedia has only 3 known cases of IVF pregnancy over the age of 70 (link).

Pregnancies in your 40s and 50s used to be normal until the 1970s... I urge everyone to read this article. https://www.theatlantic.com/magazin...-a-baby/309374/ It is truly eye-opening. FWIW, in my family menopause does not come until our late 50s, and yes, you can get pregnant until it comes. I had a recent "scare", and read up on this, and the number of complications in pregnancies over 40 are FAR less than we are being told.

Paladins/SimWardrobes downloads: https://simfileshare.net/folder/87849/
Mad Poster
#8237 Old 21st May 2018 at 2:50 PM
I want TS4-styled complex counters of the TS2 base game and dlc counterparts of the counters. Don't get what I mean? Here's the idea. Sort of this pieces, as well as the advance placement of counters and islands (quite a pet peeve you can't have L-shaped island bars that have backs face inward). Perhaps somebody had already created it? If not, I would thank and be grateful the person who dedicated the time to invest their free time for such little project to bring us (who are also in need for such stuff) such idea

Test Subject
#8238 Old 21st May 2018 at 6:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SciBirg
Pregnancies in your 40s and 50s used to be normal until the 1970s... I urge everyone to read this article. https://www.theatlantic.com/magazin...-a-baby/309374/ It is truly eye-opening. FWIW, in my family menopause does not come until our late 50s, and yes, you can get pregnant until it comes. I had a recent "scare", and read up on this, and the number of complications in pregnancies over 40 are FAR less than we are being told.

I agree with you about complications being rarer than people think, and about people in their 40s, I just stand by saying that "natural pregnancies over 50 are rare" (not impossible, but rare enough to be noteworthy).

The article I linked to quotes a study that found that only 4 in 100,000 births were to mothers over 50, and that includes IVF births. It also shows that it was considered newsworthy for people to give birth in their early 50s even in 1960 and 1936 for example. The 1936 example (aged 55) was the oldest known case in the UK until 1987! The article you linked to doesn't mention people in their 50s or older, and says "At 45, when most women can no longer get pregnant..."
Mad Poster
#8239 Old 21st May 2018 at 6:57 PM
I'd love to see TS 2 conversions of the TS 3 hopscotch and horseshoes. I was just thinking of those the other day. I really loved them. Also, would really kill for the parachute tube thing from TS 1, and the bull riding.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Instructor
#8240 Old 21st May 2018 at 7:58 PM

I like the global idea but I would hate it if it were to be random. It will be so much annoying, like the chance cards...

I believe in the "Thanks" button and its amazing powers !!!
Mad Poster
#8241 Old 21st May 2018 at 8:03 PM
A scenario for a job interview. Would that be possible? By having to schmooze your boss or reaching a certain relationship score with him/her?

Instructor
#8242 Old 21st May 2018 at 8:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
A scenario for a job interview. Would that be possible? By having to schmooze your boss or reaching a certain relationship score with him/her?

I so agree with you. It could be a period of test : the sim would have to complete a challenge (such as paint a worthy painting if it is art career) and then he'll be really employed. What do you think ?

Alchemist
#8243 Old 21st May 2018 at 9:03 PM
about job interview; I recall a similar suggestion on some earlier page of this thread.

I recall from somewhere that the headmaster scenario was originally intended for a boss NPC. I do not remember where or the details.
Mad Poster
#8244 Old 21st May 2018 at 9:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ankoyume
I so agree with you. It could be a period of test : the sim would have to complete a challenge (such as paint a worthy painting if it is art career) and then he'll be really employed. What do you think ?

Respective for the career track? Imagine cooking a meal for the job Culinary or for reaching the respective level.

Mad Poster
#8245 Old 22nd May 2018 at 6:20 AM
An alternate evil clown-in-a-box skin with a Freddy Fazz-Bear clown. Or maybe a clone of the evil clown in a box that has the Freddy bear and plays the Freddy theme.
Mad Poster
#8246 Old 22nd May 2018 at 1:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ankoyume

I was wondering whether we could use the largely useless hobby lots for something like that. If someone could make them so that they always appear and you don't have to be a member for them to show up, you could have a sim go for a job interview at one of them. He would have to win the cooking and gaming contests. He would have to show skills on the music lot. I don't think I've been to the others, but similar things could be done there, too.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#8247 Old 22nd May 2018 at 1:57 PM
Honestly the combination of water balloon fight (stance) and kicky ball (using knees to toss around the ball from one to another) would work. Just cut those two around and all it would be left is to create custom or tweak an existing one.

It would be so exciting if someone could make that!
Instructor
#8248 Old 22nd May 2018 at 3:53 PM
Respective for the career track? Imagine cooking a meal for the job Culinary or for reaching the respective level.

I could totally see a sim cook and get the job OR burn the meal and have to attempt another job interview ! And the idea of a little test before each promotion is even better (but the sim mustn't be fired, he just have to wait a few days before getting the promotion -by redoing the test cooking).

Quote: Originally posted by smorbie1
I was wondering whether we could use the largely useless hobby lots for something like that. If someone could make them so that they always appear and you don't have to be a member for them to show up, you could have a sim go for a job interview at one of them. He would have to win the cooking and gaming contests. He would have to show skills on the music lot. I don't think I've been to the others, but similar things could be done there, too.

I so agree with this, but the secret feature is good too. Maybe a specific lot for finding a job would be better for those who want to keep the secret thing (and certainly less hard to mod). You'd have to put a specific modded object on a lot to convert it in a job interview lot and it would auto process the contests ... Chris Hatch has already used this kind of process to convert lots in working lots and co...

Top Secret Researcher
#8249 Old 23rd May 2018 at 4:49 PM
It'd be kind of fun if two kids could run the lemonade stand at once. Maybe the second could stand next to it,or sit in a nearby chair, and the two could talk. Maybe the standing one could do a few of those "show off" interactions to get people's attention. Half the fun of doing a lemonade stand is doing it with a friend or sibling!

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8250 Old 23rd May 2018 at 11:19 PM
Quote:
the idea of a little test before each promotion is even better

Well, there is no reason you couldn't implement something like a cooking test, just send your sim to the culinary hobby lot and make it so they have to win a contest. They get a plaque and a nice $600 when they do. There is nothing stopping you placing the contest table on some other lot and holding the contest there.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Page 330 of 582