5 people viewing
Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#3901 Old 29th Mar 2018 at 11:59 PM

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#3902 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 12:40 AM
Inventor
#3903 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 1:41 AM
I found it odd how the sims treated game-born twins. The Pleasant and Cordial twins are (nearly in terms of the Cordials) identical, but if you happen to have twins they look completely different from each other. I never had a set of twins that looked identical to each other in my game, and sometimes they would be a day older than the other twin :'\. I wished EA would've made the memory of having twins authentic, not just having two separate 'had [insert name here]!' memories. I'm blabbering, but this always irked me.
Mad Poster
#3904 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 1:47 AM
Well, apparently, the game does not create identical twins. It is just not in the code, I heard it say. While at times, the features chosen from mom and dad be almost all the same, or that they both look like auntie so bad, it is always a coincidence. Unless you deal with the first born syndrome, the game will not create clones.
Might be a very lame reason for them to not create twins memory?..Though I doubt it.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#3905 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 1:57 AM
You can force identical babies by using the firstborn effect to your advantage. Set the birth to a single one, not rolling the pacifier, or making note of exactly how many times you rolled, then quit the game and repeat the same setup (either no roll or same number of rolls) and use a modded object to create a pregnancy and force it to give birth right away. Make sure it doesn't progress past 6pm between baby 1 and 2, since that's what sets ages apart.

There's a twin memory in my custom memory object, though when I'll upload it I have no idea. I know there's one of the twins themselves, though not sure if I made one for parents yet. Will have to take a look at that, thanks for making me wonder.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Mad Poster
#3906 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 2:08 AM
Couldn't you also use Sim Surgery to force them to look identical? (though you'll also need to use the DNA fixer)

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#3907 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 2:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JDacapo
So super cute! *squees* The wolf seems to be thinking "what did I get myself into?"

Well, the toddler does look rather scary with no eyes. XD
Inventor
#3908 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 2:11 AM
@Rosebine, well I can't blame the code. It would've been a nice touch however, maybe I'm being greedy, I still love this game through all its faults :p

@gummilutt, I kept hearing about that 'firstborn syndrome' or 'rolling the pacifier' and it sounds complicated. I don't think I tried that in my game unintentionally, but I'll keep that in mind .
Mad Poster
#3909 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 2:40 AM
I use sim surgery and bodyshop to turn twins into identical ones.
I export both babies(yes, infants) choose them in bodyshop, age them to toddler, child etc...Decides which one i like best, then use sim surgery to tell one to look like the other, the one I liked best.

Inventor
#3910 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 2:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
I use sim surgery and bodyshop to turn twins into identical ones.
I export both babies(yes, infants) choose them in bodyshop, age them to toddler, child etc...Decides which one i like best, then use sim surgery to tell one to look like the other, the one I liked best.

Good to know! I'm taking notes of all of this for the future, very informative :D
Top Secret Researcher
#3911 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 3:01 AM
I've had close-enough-to-identical twins before. I couldn't tell Ingrid and Julia Agnarsson apart until they were teens. Even then, from a distance, when they were in their school uniforms, sometimes I'd mistake one for the other. I kept them in the same hairstyle like they grew up, because I imagined they enjoyed looking identical as children, and wanted to stay at least a bit identical when they got older.
But it is annoying how it can't actually happen without a whole bunch of work on the player's part.

I've got one or two things on MTS, but most of my stuff is on my main site here:
http://simcessories.blogspot.com/
(Now recruiting budding creators.)
Scholar
#3912 Old 31st Mar 2018 at 9:56 PM
When your game declares a Snow Day, then docks everyone a grade for "missing school today."

Lorelei Picaso would like to thank Watchers Phantomknight and AndrewGloria for previously directing her own Watcher to the Homework Table, so she didn't miss out on her Scholar's Grant due to an administrative error on her very last day of school.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3913 Old 31st Mar 2018 at 11:12 PM
@gummilutt, I kept hearing about that 'firstborn syndrome' or 'rolling the pacifier' and it sounds complicated. I don't think I tried that in my game unintentionally, but I'll keep that in mind .[/QUOTE]

@Primavera Not complicated. if your sim have a baby and at some point you save exit, then next time you play your sims have another baby you may find the next baby is identical to the first, and not in the nice way of identical twins but in every way. Hobbies, personality, etc, it's the same sim. They can be male and female so you may not notice due to that.

To stop this isn't complicated, just load up CAS before you load the house and hit the dice that makes random sims. You don't have to make two sims then go to the pacifier and click that, the dice will do the job. Randomizing the dice will randomize their next baby.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Inventor
#3914 Old 31st Mar 2018 at 11:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
@Primavera Not complicated. if your sim have a baby and at some point you save exit, then next time you play your sims have another baby you may find the next baby is identical to the first, and not in the nice way of identical twins but in every way. Hobbies, personality, etc, it's the same sim. They can be male and female so you may not notice due to that.

To stop this isn't complicated, just load up CAS before you load the house and hit the dice that makes random sims. You don't have to make two sims then go to the pacifier and click that, the dice will do the job. Randomizing the dice will randomize their next baby.

Oooh okay. It just sounds complicated because I haven't played the game for a few months now, but thank you for this information :D!
Mad Poster
#3915 Old 31st Mar 2018 at 11:22 PM
This game is weird in a lot of ways. I never noticed that First Born Syndrome, and I've been playing for years. I said *noticed*, so please don't hurt me.
Either I must have hit randomize at the proper time, either..I have no clue. But none of the kids I ever got in game were the same in all aspects, and I am one who just cannot stop my sims from making more babies as I love this game's genetics and children is my favorite age.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3916 Old 31st Mar 2018 at 11:48 PM
I think if you go and play a different family you won't get firstborn syndrome. Also if you continue to play for longer stretches so the family has the second child during the same round of playing it shouldn't happen either. It's people like me who play a short time, who save and exit and come back next day who get a lot of first born syndrome. Way back before I knew what caused it one of my family had 3 boys, all with FBS.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Inventor
#3917 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 12:16 AM
I agree with Rosebine. My memory is a little blurry but I may have inadvertently rolled the pacifier before I knew it was a thing. I used to create Sims with a similar facial structure, or used certain templates I deemed pretty enough in my younger years, only tweaking them just a little bit. But I did use the 'randomize' liberally whenever I started a family with children, so who knows?

Also, off-topic, this reminds me of a time I was trying to fulfill my Family sim's want of having 10 kids; all the children turned out fine except for the 5th or 6th one, I can't remember his birth order number. My parent sims were blond and brunette with the Template 1 and 2 faces, and he came out with red hair and looked more or less like Chester Gieke . He was also incredibly mean. He was the only one out of that family that had weird genetics .
Mad Poster
#3918 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 12:31 AM
I've found that rolling the pacifier can also help unstick the randomizer for some other things.

@Primavera: were these fresh-out-of-CAS Sims? I was surprised that Ramir and Ana Patel's second child, Vijay, came out surprisingly light-skinned until I looked into their family tree. I love this game's genetics system.

Inventor
#3919 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 12:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
I've found that rolling the pacifier can also help unstick the randomizer for some other things.

@Primavera: were these fresh-out-of-CAS Sims? I was surprised that Ramir and Ana Patel's second child, Vijay, came out surprisingly light-skinned until I looked into their family tree. I love this game's genetics system.

Yep, I created them both in CAS and plopped them down in Riverblossom Hills. They started having kids and all of them were normal besides that one. Recessive genes could've played a part in it, but after that I never had more than 4 kids for each family I started, that experience spooked me a little .
Mad Poster
#3920 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 12:40 AM
I'm pretty sure that CAS Sims, unless you make them using create-a-child, shouldn't have recessives. Could be one of those weird game hiccups.

Inventor
#3921 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 12:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
I'm pretty sure that CAS Sims, unless you make them using create-a-child, shouldn't have recessives. Could be one of those weird game hiccups.

Yeah that's also true. I made the couple without using the CAC, so it could've been a game hiccup. I do remember that he picked fights with almost all of his family members, and it only stopped when I turned off Free Will. It was so weird yet so funny
Mad Poster
#3922 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 1:36 AM
Sometimes, you need a black sheep in the family.

Inventor
#3923 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 1:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
Sometimes, you need a black sheep in the family.

You're not wrong .
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3924 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 2:05 AM
You can give new CAS sims recessives if you make parents then use the create a child button then delete the parents. I'm generally too lazy to go to the trouble. :D

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#3925 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 2:28 AM
I like making sims with some recessives and the like. Sometimes I'll even make sims with Alien DNA.
Page 157 of 274