Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Apr 2018 at 8:09 PM
Default New update for Ultimate Collection
http://simscommunity.info/2018/04/2...date-on-origin/

Has anyone tried it yet? Or have any information to add like patch notes etc.?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 26th Apr 2018 at 8:16 PM
I had to reinstall today (stupid backup didn't work) so I tried it. Works great!

Paladins/SimWardrobes downloads: https://simfileshare.net/folder/87849/
Field Researcher
#3 Old 26th Apr 2018 at 10:42 PM
Thanks for letting us know! Somehow, I never have to log in to Origin to play TS2 even though I got the last update, so I would never know.

I'd like to try this out, but reinstalling clean hoods is such a PITA since Origin "repairs" them and adds back the missing character files. If the update is popular and works for a lot of you, though, I'll just deal with it.
Scholar
#4 Old 26th Apr 2018 at 10:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by budwinys
Thanks for letting us know! Somehow, I never have to log in to Origin to play TS2 even though I got the last update, so I would never know.

I'd like to try this out, but reinstalling clean hoods is such a PITA since Origin "repairs" them and adds back the missing character files. If the update is popular and works
for a lot of you, though, I'll just deal with it.

Isn't there an option to stop automatic updates and repairs on Origin? I don't know for sure because I haven't used it in a long time.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 27th Apr 2018 at 2:03 AM
Looks like it only adds more compatibility for Windows 10. I am foolish to hope that they would add new content. XD

I'm not having problems with Windows 10 at the moment; does it really improve things much?
Alchemist
Original Poster
#6 Old 27th Apr 2018 at 4:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Squidconqueror
Isn't there an option to stop automatic updates and repairs on Origin? I don't know for sure because I haven't used it in a long time.
There is, but if you apply the update, Origin will most likely restore any other changed files to their original condition. My game has crashed once or twice, recently, but I'm wary of this update because my setup is mostly stable now, unlike when it was crashing every time I did certain things. I'll probably leave well enough alone.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 27th Apr 2018 at 8:09 AM
The UC has also been updated sometime to not change everything back to vanilla - a repair should not put the bin sims back or have any effect on your empty hoods. For that, you will need to generate a new game folder (which is what I do when I want to build without cc). What may be changed back is your graphic rules, your camera mod and the 4GB patch may have to be added again.

I will try to do the update sometime over the weekend to see what it does.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 27th Apr 2018 at 9:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
The UC has also been updated sometime to not change everything back to vanilla - a repair should not put the bin sims back or have any effect on your empty hoods. For that, you will need to generate a new game folder (which is what I do when I want to build without cc). What may be changed back is your graphic rules, your camera mod and the 4GB patch may have to be added again.

I will try to do the update sometime over the weekend to see what it does.

Oh, good! Those other things aren't a big deal to replace again, but the last time I updated (one of the first updates, if not the first) I loaded up a clean hood only to see the bin families pop up again. Luckily I had a backup, but I swore I'd never update again unless it was some kind of magical update that fixed a bunch of issues.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 27th Apr 2018 at 3:13 PM
I have just updated in Origin. Running the game now, quickly peeked into the 8 households in my one empty hood.

Empty hoods are still empty. No bin Sims back (I do have on hood full of them, which is my big hood, but the rest are still empty).
No cc affected in my downloads folder - all still there.

Had to: 1. change the graphics by installing the graphic rules from Leefish for my card again; 2: deactivate Origin and 3: install the camera mod I use again. If anything else has been affected, I cannot see it yet, so I don't think there will be any.

That is that. For now, I cannot really say what has changed as far as running the game on Windows 10 is concerned, because my game has been running very well anyway But no harm has been done.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 27th Apr 2018 at 3:19 PM
And here is me hoping they will fix stuff like the OFB uniform face bug

Slowly moving steps into basic TS2 modding.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 27th Apr 2018 at 3:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ConsoC
And here is me hoping they will fix stuff like the OFB uniform face bug

Gussy-Up plugin fixes this. Once you're done setting your employee uniform, click on them and choose Gussy-Up. You won't have to make any changes, you click OK. Your employee will be back at wearing his/her own face.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 27th Apr 2018 at 6:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
Gussy-Up plugin fixes this. Once you're done setting your employee uniform, click on them and choose Gussy-Up. You won't have to make any changes, you click OK. Your employee will be back at wearing his/her own face.

Well, the more you know. Cheers!

Slowly moving steps into basic TS2 modding.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 28th Apr 2018 at 2:25 AM
I have just updated in Origin. Running the game now, quickly peeked into the 8 households in my one empty hood.

Empty hoods are still empty. No bin Sims back (I do have on hood full of them, which is my big hood, but the rest are still empty).

Had to: 1. change the graphics by installing the graphic rules from Leefish for my card again; 2: deactivate Origin and 3: install the camera mod I use again. If anything else has been affected, I cannot see it yet, so I don't think there will be any.

That is that. For now, I cannot really say what has changed as far as running the game on Windows 10 is concerned, because my game has been running very well anyway But no harm has been done.

Can you play offline?

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 28th Apr 2018 at 2:33 AM
I find it odd that EA would publish anything pertaining to TS2 while milking TS4 harder than a cow in a diary farm...
they probably had to strip the SecuROM protection from it and put something else in it
considering that Microsoft killed compatibility with SafeDisc and SecuROM DRM a few years ago.

heh, i haven't tried running vanilla sims 2 (from the discs) on the latest insider preview of Windows 10,
perhaps i should give that a go and let you guys know how it runs, because this thread just made me curious!
Mad Poster
#15 Old 28th Apr 2018 at 2:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DanTheMann15
I find it odd that EA would publish anything pertaining to TS2 while milking TS4 harder than a cow in a diary farm...

I don't. They offered the UC, and they are offering a *after sale service* This is just expected. They must have received so many complaints about Window 10 users, after the last update, enough to actually help the users. I see nothing odd in this. Good EA, goooood.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#16 Old 28th Apr 2018 at 8:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by smorbie1
Can you play offline?

Yes - I do
Mad Poster
#17 Old 28th Apr 2018 at 10:41 AM
So, it doesn't crash the game, but it doesn't appear to change anything either?
Mad Poster
#18 Old 28th Apr 2018 at 11:25 AM
Looks that way to me

However, @Charity, I never had a lot of problems to get the UC working with Windows 10, but perhaps this will make it easier for new users in the future. I can't see any changes but that probably does not mean there is none.
Mad Poster
#19 Old 28th Apr 2018 at 1:28 PM
Yes - I do

How? I've taken my sims computer offline. I will go back to download this new update, but want to be able to play offline always.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Undead Molten Llama
#20 Old 28th Apr 2018 at 1:41 PM
How? I've taken my sims computer offline. I will go back to download this new update, but want to be able to play offline always.

As I understand it, the only way to be able to do so is to use...Um, something that we're not supposed to talk about or link to here. But I'll PM you.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Mad Poster
#21 Old 28th Apr 2018 at 1:50 PM
I'm not even going to bother with this patch unless I have problems. I spent too much time setting up my game how I like it.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#22 Old 28th Apr 2018 at 3:10 PM
Can't you set the game to run in offline mode like most other Origin games? Sorry I don't use UC so don't know from experience only that I can play most of my Origin games offline if I want to.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Top Secret Researcher
#23 Old 28th Apr 2018 at 4:10 PM
Ugh I feel like I just updated and had to fix everything, then a windows 10 update messed it all up and I had to do it again, it's like that's all I do because I don't find time to play. If I have issues though when I do get around to it i'll do it but not if I don't have issues, thanks for mentioning it I recently got the thing to where I shouldn't have to be online & on Origin to play the UC though I haven't tested it yet.

My Simblr
He/They
Alchemist
#24 Old 28th Apr 2018 at 5:48 PM

It's not a big deal, just start the game by running the exe file that runs Sims 2 instead of the one that starts Origin. I don't see anything wrong with that. Everyone is free to start a file on their own computer and it's not a secret to anyone who knows how to click on a file or make a shortcut, which is pretty much everyone, I'd think.
Test Subject
#25 Old 29th Apr 2018 at 2:51 AM

I would really like to do the update and not start my game from scratch again in regards to my megahood. After the update install, do I set up the megahood files again and drop in my saved game and everything will be where I last left off? Or can I simply drop in my saved games folder? Or will i have to start all over again?
Page 1 of 2