Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Oct 2015 at 4:35 AM
Default Black lines on face
So i don't know how long i got them already but today a friend of mine visited me and he noticed there are small black lines on my sims around there mouths.
they are barely noticeable but now he told me they annoy me.
don't know but my wild guess it's a problem with my gtx970 i've heard the 900 series got some graphical glitches.
so did anyone have the smae problem with another graphic card or is my guess true
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Oct 2015 at 4:03 PM
I hope you can see them

Scholar
#4 Old 19th Oct 2015 at 6:34 AM
in your Game Options, Graphics what setting is the Sims option set to?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 19th Oct 2015 at 5:09 PM Last edited by Buddy92 : 19th Oct 2015 at 6:15 PM.
everything is the highest possible the only thing that isn't activated is laptop mode
Scholar
#7 Old 19th Oct 2015 at 9:26 PM Last edited by amc462000 : 19th Oct 2015 at 9:37 PM.
have you tried to do a repair game in origin ? i've seen this fix mentioned in the forums.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 20th Oct 2015 at 12:50 AM
yah did that multiple times but they're still there. Did everything there removed mod folder,deleted my cache folder but nothing.

well about the mustache....... even my female sims got that black lines so no mustaches for them
Scholar
#9 Old 20th Oct 2015 at 2:15 AM
i don't know what else to tell you. i use the GeForce Experience & optimize my settings for the game otherwise i experience weird stuff.
Scholar
#10 Old 21st Oct 2015 at 4:27 AM
What skins are you using? If its a CC skin then you will need to report the issue to the creator of the skin.
Smeg Head
#11 Old 21st Oct 2015 at 9:19 AM
I too have an MSI GTX 970 and I too am seeing those faint lines practically everywhere on sim bodies, faces and clothing. One of the clearer ones to spot, check the hem of a skirt or dress, the light behind makes the "cracks" more visible. It reminds me of a vase that broke and was glued together badly. Though it is random, not always there, comes and goes, appearing on Maxis meshing as well as CC. And only ever when in Cas. In game I can't spot them.

None of the other games I play have any graphical issues, so I don't want to rush to blame the 970 straight away. Though it would not be the first time a series of graphics cards took a personal dislike to the Sims. Think I'll go see what's being said over at the Nvidia forums.

Funnily enough, this all fits in around the release of Windows 10. I haven't upgraded from 7 to 10, not sure I even want to. Perhaps Nvidia have done something with their drivers, assuming the world and his jolly wife would all have Windows 10 by now and 7 would be as extinct as the dodos.

I think I'll look into that.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 22nd Oct 2015 at 1:35 AM
@mummy_001 Well i removed all cc from my folder because of maybe problems with cc skin but the small black lines still apear so no cc issue

@coolspear1 i have win10 so the upgrade isn't the problem.
I have the blacklines in Cas and Live mode but they are more noticeable in Cas and it's odd but only around the mouth or forehead, also they are barely noticeable in live mode.
Smeg Head
#14 Old 23rd Oct 2015 at 1:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Don't do it, man!

Win 10 to Win 8 is like Win 7 is to Win Vista. Win 10 is really a full released and fixed version of Win 8, which really should be called a beta. Win 7 is just awesome.

I couldn't agree more. I loved being the dutiful son/brother and teaching my mother and my older sister a good many tricks over the years on using Win7. When my dad got a laptop and asked me to show him the ropes, it was Win8. Within the two painful hours I sat there trying to figure it out, by the end a wanted to stomp the laptop into the ground. For my own sanity, I will never go near 8 again. (Sorry, pops, you're on your own.) And if 10 is a glorified 8, thanks for the heads-up. I knew there was a reason I keep stalling the update. Cortana be damned. If I want to see her I'll just play Halo. Meantime I'm sticking to 7 till the cows come home.
Scholar
#15 Old 24th Oct 2015 at 9:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by coolspear1
I couldn't agree more. I loved being the dutiful son/brother and teaching my mother and my older sister a good many tricks over the years on using Win7. When my dad got a laptop and asked me to show him the ropes, it was Win8. Within the two painful hours I sat there trying to figure it out, by the end a wanted to stomp the laptop into the ground. For my own sanity, I will never go near 8 again. (Sorry, pops, you're on your own.) And if 10 is a glorified 8, thanks for the heads-up. I knew there was a reason I keep stalling the update. Cortana be damned. If I want to see her I'll just play Halo. Meantime I'm sticking to 7 till the cows come home.

Try installing Classic Shell on Windows 8.... It gives you back your windows 7 start button and you can load directly to the desktop. It is also compatible with windows 10. You can then choose between Win Xp Wind 7 start menu looks.

Sorry I couldn't help with the black lines around your sims mouths.... Thought id better add something sim related as I didn't want to appear off topic...
Field Researcher
#16 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 2:20 PM
Not sure if any of you found the answer as I know this thread is from 2015, but just in case anybody still needs this: You need Nvidia Inspector. Here's a solution on EA Answers I hope this helps someone.

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.