Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Jun 2016 at 10:13 PM
Default Servant Disappearing in Castle Staircase Rabbit Hole?
I have downloaded a mod to track all the townspeople's locations because my Servant kept disappearing. With the tracking mod I can see she's just trapped in the Castle Staircase. I can use testingcheats to Reset her but she immediately walks back to the staircase and never comes out again. My King is totally over cooking for himself and wants his servant back! Is this something others have experienced? Any advice would be great! Thanks!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 28th Jun 2016 at 3:32 PM
The door that the servant "disappears" into, is technically their bed, so they're going to bed which is expected behavior outside their role's defined schedule. It's the same for the others as well, like the nurse, barmaid, etc. I think the servant's default schedule is around 6-20, but I haven't actually checked the schedule configuration.

So when you say never, does that mean the servant is actually never coming out again, or is it just because they don't come out within a few in-game hours? People have a habit of putting forward exaggerated claims, so I have to ask.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Jun 2016 at 4:02 PM
No worries. The servant actually goes through the door straight away. As soon as she spawns in the castle, she walks to the stairwell and disappears. I've tried to Reset the sim and have even added her to my active family, teleported her across the village, and then removed her from the family. She just walked back to the castle and into the stairwell. It's super strange, like she's a magnet or something. This is not happening with the Build Master either. I thought it might be a schedule thing with the servant but she's been in the stairwell for days. She only comes out if I reset her and keep her occupied by interacting with her. As soon as I stop talking to her she heads for the stairwell.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 30th Jun 2016 at 12:26 AM
Well, that's not expected behavior, but not unheard of for NPC's. While we could have a lot of going back and forth here, it would be easier if I could investigate it first hand. Please put your Saves folder (My Documents > The Sims Medieval > Saves) in a ZIP-archive or equivalent and attach it to a reply. Or a PM in case you don't want the files to be public.

Then I'll be happy to take a look at it.