Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Aug 2016 at 8:25 PM
Default Any fix for the blue eyes bug?
Tried Treeag's mod but the game won't even load with it installed for some reason. Deleting the cache files didn't help either.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 4th Aug 2016 at 7:57 AM Last edited by RoryAusten22 : 4th Aug 2016 at 8:25 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Anarchy Blues
Tried Treeag's mod but the game won't even load with it installed for some reason. Deleting the cache files didn't help either.

At one point I got around it by using the Shady Lonely Eyes Contacts which are posted here:

Here is the link:http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=465216

You can also use Fajuko's Pure Eyes which were posted here by Chickie.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Aug 2016 at 8:25 AM
That's not really a fix, since the bug affects makeup colors as well.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 5th Aug 2016 at 2:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Anarchy Blues
That's not really a fix, since the bug affects makeup colors as well.

The blue eyes bug never affected my makeup at all, so for me the contacts worked well. I do also remember that one of the game updates fixed this bug. Have you done all of your updates?
Instructor
#5 Old 5th Aug 2016 at 4:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RoryAusten22
The blue eyes bug never affected my makeup at all, so for me the contacts worked well. I do also remember that one of the game updates fixed this bug. Have you done all of your updates?

I have all the updates and the blue-eye bug still occurs. I recommend saving your game before attempting any change of appearance since it is quite random. Also worth noting are the special "invisibility" potions in Pirates and Nobles and one the new swords that causes the wielder to become translucent: using these can also randomly cause the blue-eye bug.

A fool and his money are soon parted. ~ Thomas Tusser
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 5th Aug 2016 at 3:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoryAusten22

As far as I know. Version 2.0.113.

Quote: Originally posted by Dixieland
I have all the updates and the blue-eye bug still occurs. I recommend saving your game before attempting any change of appearance since it is quite random. Also worth noting are the special "invisibility" potions in Pirates and Nobles and one the new swords that causes the wielder to become translucent: using these can also randomly cause the blue-eye bug.

The Frostfang and Demonshroud? Didn't know about that. For me it seems to have a 50% chance of occurring when I mess with the color wheel or create a new outfit.

It wouldn't be so bad if it didn't affect the entire population. Sometimes I wonder if this game was ever beta tested.
Test Subject
#7 Old 5th Jan 2017 at 5:33 PM Last edited by Rappeldrache : 5th Jan 2017 at 6:30 PM.
Hello,

I have Sims P&N and it's up to date. And I have a strange bug ... my eyes are dark blue / purple. In the CC if I just wand to chance the clothes of a NPC, it happen to me sometimes.

But: Also I have changed the whole look with a CC mod, than I changed the eye-color in the CC and in the CC the color was light brown for example, BUT ingame the color was suddenly dark blue / purple.

This happen to me EVEN with this mod here: http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...light=blue+eyes The eye were ingame blue / purple and in every CC (mod or chest) light brown or green or whatever the true eyecolor was.

Strange ....
Field Researcher
#8 Old 20th Jan 2017 at 9:02 PM
The dark blue eyes are a bug in the game. The eyes usually change back to dark blue after taking a sim into CAS. It's very common, and most players have it. There has only been one way in which I could find to fix the problem. I use a mod called Flajko_PureEyesSmallTSMCompat.package
You can change the color of your sims eyes with it when you have mods installed for your game. Flajko has many versions of eye changing mods for the sims, but I use this one stated above because it looks the most authentic, or real, natural.

http://modthesims.info/t/473183

The link above is where you can download the mod.

Good Luck!

Xeny

Quote:
Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must live.
Test Subject
#9 Old 21st Jan 2017 at 1:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Xeny
The dark blue eyes are a bug in the game. The eyes usually change back to dark blue after taking a sim into CAS. It's very common, and most players have it. There has only been one way in which I could find to fix the problem. I use a mod called Flajko_PureEyesSmallTSMCompat.package
You can change the color of your sims eyes with it when you have mods installed for your game. Flajko has many versions of eye changing mods for the sims, but I use this one stated above because it looks the most authentic, or real, natural.

http://modthesims.info/t/473183

The link above is where you can download the mod.

Good Luck!

Xeny

I have this mod and I tried a nother eye-mod but I still have the Blue Eye Bug.

Field Researcher
#10 Old 24th Jan 2017 at 2:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rappeldrache
I have this mod and I tried a nother eye-mod but I still have the Blue Eye Bug.

Have you saved the sims you created after having used the mod I mentioned to change their eye color? This is what you need to do. The mod does not remove the blue eyes bug, it keeps it away from your sims that you have changed their eye color, and then saved the sim. I suggest after having saved your sims with the changed eye color, you then delete the originals who continue to keep the blue eyes bug.

Xeny

Quote:
Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must live.
Test Subject
#11 Old 25th Jan 2017 at 4:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Xeny
Have you saved the sims you created after having used the mod I mentioned to change their eye color? This is what you need to do. The mod does not remove the blue eyes bug, it keeps it away from your sims that you have changed their eye color, and then saved the sim. I suggest after having saved your sims with the changed eye color, you then delete the originals who continue to keep the blue eyes bug.

Xeny

You mean: I have to chance the eye color and than "save the sim". Than I have to delte it and to take the saved (same) sim? Sorry, I'm not sure if you understand cause of my "moderate english".