Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 10:27 PM
Default Since Pet's is coming out
:confused: Are those who made those animals who are basically just decoration going to take them off since they'll become absolete. :bump:
Advertisement
#2 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 10:29 PM
Probably not - they'll probably stick around just as statues.

Especially since Pets only comes with dogs, cats, guinea Pigs and Birds - not elephants or gazelle or athings like that
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 11:57 PM
I'm sure somebody'll figure out a way to make elephants and whatnot. At least I hope so...
Instructor
#4 Old 28th Jul 2006 at 12:02 AM
I personally will probably keep my animal statues around for storytelling. It's hard enough to keep my sims still for pictures, I can't imagine trying to get the animals to stay still at the same time. That doesn't mean that I won't use the new pets in my stories though. I just like to have a wide variety of options. I also hope that modders will be able to take the basic pets from the new expansion and make cool things like dragons and wolves that can move. Some sims just need a little something extra when it comes to their pets.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 28th Jul 2006 at 2:13 AM
did they mention when the pet expansion will hit the shelves?
#6 Old 28th Jul 2006 at 2:15 AM
Oct 17th, the word.
Banned
#7 Old 28th Jul 2006 at 3:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by basiccoolguy
:confused: Are those who made those animals who are basically just decoration going to take them off since they'll become absolete. :bump:

The statues could be for looking like taxidermied pets...
#8 Old 28th Jul 2006 at 9:25 AM
I don't think so - If there was still a want/demand for these items, people would probably keep them up
#9 Old 28th Jul 2006 at 12:11 PM
the statues will probally make good "props" in lots like kennels and petstores! i'm gonna keep the ones i've downloded
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 28th Jul 2006 at 1:23 PM
I hope someone can figure out how to make tigers/lions/etc. <3 And yeah, I bet the statues will stay.
#11 Old 28th Jul 2006 at 4:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SakuraSan101
I hope someone can figure out how to make tigers/lions/etc. <3 And yeah, I bet the statues will stay.

They already have a bunch of textures, you could have a lion/tiger that was basically just a bigger cat.
So they just need to work out how to make a cat bigger than usual
- then again maybe it's already possible and maxis have just made normal sized cats.
#12 Old 28th Jul 2006 at 9:32 PM
yeah, i saw on a site it had pics of cats looking like tigers and leopards. it's just a case of if someone can make them bigger, lol eating out of a pet bowl would be funny to watch a leopard doing!
#13 Old 28th Jul 2006 at 11:04 PM
They can be used as dec, but WHY maxis didn't make more interesting animals is beyond me; where are the dragons and wild life??
Original Poster
#14 Old 30th Jul 2006 at 10:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by QueenScorpio
They can be used as dec, but WHY maxis didn't make more interesting animals is beyond me; where are the dragons and wild life??

Just as long as they don't make another makin magic expansion then I'm fine.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 30th Jul 2006 at 10:38 PM
What I want to know is: since pets is coming out, what will the people on the BBS beg and whine for next?

Cheese = Good
Field Researcher
#16 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 8:10 AM
@Courtney - Probably Superstar/Vacation like Sims 1 EPs.

Also, the statues will be good still for those who aren't getting the EP.

Twitter | Tumblr | YouTube

28/11/07
Instructor
#17 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 8:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Faithlove13xxx
Oct 17th, the word.

this date is correct for the entire world or only for USA?
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 11:14 AM
I think Europe has it on the 20th
#19 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 12:02 PM
At this stage, it looks like big cats (tigers, jaguars, etc) wouldn't be too difficult to make at some point. The animations and sounds might be a bit difficult, as the big cats would be at least the size of the dogs - so they'd probably have dog interactions rather than cat interactions...

The decorative pets would be great for pet stores or a taxidermist haha.