Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 1:33 AM
Default "party outfits"
there's a category in the CAS demo for a 'party outfit' but does anyone know when they use it? do they just change into it when they're having a house party?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 3:18 AM
And there's nothing really party themed in there either. (expansion pack anyone?) There's no all face masks, no costumes and the jewelry is lacking pretty badly.
Test Subject
#3 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 4:12 AM
Party wear is just there to fill in the empty swimwear space lol
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 6:54 AM
I miss the costume trunk where you could set the outfits for people to show up in. That was a hoot.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 8:15 AM
Yes but does it serve a purpose? Do they change into 'party outfits' when they have a party?.. I just use party outfits as a 'stylish formal wear'
Forum Resident
#6 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 11:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by christmas fear
Yes but does it serve a purpose? Do they change into 'party outfits' when they have a party?.. I just use party outfits as a 'stylish formal wear'

Yup, in the gameplay video with Ryan and Graham you can see that when their Sims start a "House Party" they change into their "party outfits".

Man, isn't it a bit sad when someone asks a simple question and instead of giving an answer people just use the thread to complain?

....so says the Phoenix! ♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 11:23 AM
I think it's meant to be sort of the "night on the town" category, sort of between casual and formal.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 12:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jonas3333
And there's nothing really party themed in there either. (expansion pack anyone?) There's no all face masks, no costumes and the jewelry is lacking pretty badly.

The origin deluxe edition includes Up all night digital content,Life of the party digital content and animal hats.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 12:36 PM
I think the clothing thing goes like this.

Everyday=Everyday wear
Formal=Going out to a restraunt/diner or going to somewhere posh like a red carpet thing or something
Athletic=Athletic wear to work out.
Sleepwear=Sleeping clothes
Party=Going out clubbing/raving at night
Mad Poster
#10 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 12:38 PM
Why on Earth would they make a LateNight or Nightlife expansion? There are already bars and clubs, bartenders and the mixing of drinks in the base game.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 12:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shimrod101
Why on Earth would they make a LateNight or Nightlife expansion? There are already bars and clubs, bartenders and the mixing of drinks in the base game.

Oh yeah!Forgot about that xD
Instructor
#12 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 1:41 PM
I personally like the Party Outfit category. I think it was desperately needed. There's a difference between a formal gathering, and a warehouse club/house party.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#13 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 2:26 PM
I never thought to have a party outfit category, lol. I wouldn't want animal hats though. It's a waste of space to have things in cas that you don't want
Instructor
#14 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 2:40 PM
*dirty dancing in a wedding gown*
Eminence Grise
#15 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 6:11 PM
Sims change when visiting different lot types now too.

Dinner party or wedding = formalwear, house party or going to club lot = party wear. Visiting gym lot puts you in Athletic. I think it's a nice addition myself.

And the demo has only a small part of the release clothes, so don't panic Not to mention CC!
Test Subject
#16 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 6:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jonas3333

But we haven't seen the entire collection of clothes and accessories. They made sure to be clear that in the demos, it is only a sample of the full game.
Eminence Grise
#18 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 7:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kaiko Espurr Mikkusu
Because LateNight expands on that... it introduces "Mixology" as an actual thing where you can make diff. types of drinks- it creates the so-called Downtown and... it also adds vampires in it! And you can make actual bands and musical groups and go out all together! The group members do not have to be all in the same household, but you can do "call band to" some place. And you could do a gig there. Also Nightlife added the raver outfits and goggles...

In TS4, Mixology is a base game skill (and has a life aspiration related to it)... with different drinks with mood effects. For some party types you can assign a sim as mixologist at the party, which is a new option. Sims can also work as a mixologist at community bars (seen in several screens and videos).

The base game also starts with different districts, one of which is set up as a "downtown". And there are several instruments -- guitars, violins and pianos in the base game, not to mention Comedy, a second entertainment option with its own career track. The base game also has group outings/dates (which are scored like it TS2... only if you want them to be though, I believe).

Don't believe the frequently repeated assertion that overall the TS4 base game has FEWER features than the TS3 base :p

So, yeah. Bands and vampires are the only things on your list that are missing; not enough to build a whole pack around. Bands were pretty buggy in TS3 too... if they DO come back in a later pack I hope they're thoroughly reworked :p
Scholar
#19 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 9:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shimrod101

Vampires! Everyone wants vampires!!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#20 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 9:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
Sims change when visiting different lot types now too.

Dinner party or wedding = formalwear, house party or going to club lot = party wear. Visiting gym lot puts you in Athletic. I think it's a nice addition myself.

And the demo has only a small part of the release clothes, so don't panic Not to mention CC!

i can't wait to see all the clothes, lol. we're seriously lacking in pajamas right now.
Test Subject
#21 Old 11th Aug 2014 at 12:21 AM
Its kinda funny how they tease us with pics of the base game stuff (clothes and babies) within the community gallery. I clicked the download button about 13 times before I realized I couldn't download it, but I kept clicking anyways...
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 11th Aug 2014 at 1:52 AM
i think as others have said the up all night "content" thats with the digital/premium edition will include some party costumes we will see what they are (hope a few at least to be worthwhile)

party party party. I enjoyed making parties when i just invited only women to them.. :-p.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#23 Old 11th Aug 2014 at 5:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lildemongames
Its kinda funny how they tease us with pics of the base game stuff (clothes and babies) within the community gallery. I clicked the download button about 13 times before I realized I couldn't download it, but I kept clicking anyways...

where is the babies thing you're referring to? i checked the gallery but all they had were downloadable sims
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 12th Aug 2014 at 2:03 PM
It's weird though.

Sims 1 (Idk)
Sims 2 had aliens (In the base game)
Sims 3 had nothing supernatural in the base game (I think)
Sims 4 (Idk)

And Sims 2 had witches,plantsims,zombies,werewolves,etc.
Sims 3 had vampires,zombies,werewolves,ghosts,genies,etc

Sims 4 should have a pack that has never had anything in the Sims before.

Then maybe people would buy it...

What if we are all sims and are being controlled by a crazy kid?
PROOF:In our Sims game we can play the Sims on our computer,you know now why you go somewhere and just forget what you were doing.
Page 1 of 2