Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Oct 2014 at 5:41 PM
Default 'apologize to spouse while angry'
i have a sim with a soul mate lifetime wish/aspiration and her last goal before progressing is to 'apologize to spouse while angry' so i've made him angry, and then selected an apology but it didn't fulfill the aspiration goal. does this mean she has to actually be angry and apologize, or is it a bug?.. and any tips for getting them both angry at the same time easily? lol

also, i've destroyed their marriage trying to do this. i forgot they are divorced now
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 11th Oct 2014 at 6:12 PM
I guess it would be her angry. Try it that way.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Oct 2014 at 6:15 PM
They both have to be angry for the apology interaction to show up I guess
One Minute Ninja'd
#4 Old 11th Oct 2014 at 6:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by christmas fear
They both have to be angry for the apology interaction to show up I guess

Well, it's after the fact if you already busted up their marriage, but a quick way to piss off both spouses at the same time could simply be to confess to cheating on each other. Then, when both are pissed, they can both apologize. It might still bust up their marriage, but hey, they both cheated, so it really should just cancel out.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 11th Oct 2014 at 6:36 PM
Oh shit. I didn't know you could confess to cheating in ts4. I'm probably gonna get them remarried and try this.
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 11th Oct 2014 at 8:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DaniCast
Nope. The apology interaction is always available when a sim offends or mocks or attack the other one. The mood doesn't matter, the option is always there.
True, choosing a mean interaction like "insult" will make the apologize appear in the friendly menu right after the other sim answered. The problem is more of making your sim angry. Have the spouse make mean interaction on your sim could maybe work. Both should be insulting each other, then make your sim apologize, then take them to a counselor
Mad Poster
#8 Old 11th Oct 2014 at 8:18 PM
Here's some chatter on the topic from the official forums: http://forums.thesims.com/en_us/dis...ng-relationship
sarahzsmyl said she did it this way:
Quote:
I had my Sim pick a fight with another Sim, and then Yell At her husband. Under Friendly, buried way the heck down the tree, was Apologize. plum.

Lulzes had this solution:
Quote:
First I painted three Angry paintings and put them in a room with no other decor, for a total of +21 Angry aura. Then I placed an Angry sculpture in the room and got him to view it. This made him Very Angry. This gave him the option to Chew Out his spouse. At this point I didn't immediately see an option for Smooth Apology, and most of the Romance category was greyed out, so I turned off the auras on the paintings which got him back to just Angry. The options in Romance were still all greyed out (no option for Apologize in Bed or whatever it's called) but I got the option for Smooth Apology and it worked.

Pretty sure the paintings were overkill. If you can't paint or use the woodworking table well enough to make these items, then I guess the next best option would be as described above, get angry in a conversation with an NPC and then use a mean interaction with your spouse.
But, in reading the thread, it doesn't sound like a worthwhile aspiration to fulfill.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#9 Old 12th Oct 2014 at 11:12 AM
Well apologizing when she was angry worked lol
Forum Resident
#10 Old 12th Oct 2014 at 11:48 AM
Seems to be really hard to add the words "he/she is"