Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#2101 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 8:00 PM
The world looks good so far. I am happy. I loved WA in 3 so this looks like a good addition to 4 to me. Even though there are a heck of a lot of issues with 4, even with the fake backgrounds, EA does some beautiful worlds in 4, tiny as they are.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2102 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 8:09 PM
New map icon:

They'll show the temple next week. This time they showed a bit of the world, CAS and the skeletons.
The world does look nice in my opinion (but I'm a bit sick of the green, so having seasons would be awesome), though the looks of the world have never been a problem in TS4. Some of the locations give your Sims special moodlets, like the waterfalls will make your Sims flirty.
They showed how their Sim transformed into a skeleton because of an artifact. As skeleton you'll only need to take care of Social and Fun, and you'll have some special bonus interactions. A nice feature is that your food just turns into a pile of garbage (?) on the ground when you try to eat something as a skeleton

I like the two guys on stream (SimGuruNinja and SimGuruGeorge iirc) because they seemed happy about their content, but not so excited that it gets annoying. I also liked that they asked the chat if they should show more of the CAS items or if the chat wants to see some other stuff.
Mad Poster
#2103 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 8:18 PM
While skeletons aren't depended by the physical necessities, the ghost for whatever will still need to poop/consume/wash/sleep
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
Not sure who you're talking about because LGR definitely doesn't shit on every pack.

Well according to her, 'new' is defined as recent ones, though I still can't see validation regardless, as the two recent ones were laundry and Cats&Dogs, but with the latter receiving quite a neutral approach. Wasn't bashed nor loved.
Top Secret Researcher
#2104 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 9:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2

Ummm.....I like TS4....

"This guy's a hater because he says bad things about something I like. So you're a hater for agreeing with him"

If this logic doesn't scream "maturity", I don't know what does

We all know disagreeing equals hate
And for some reason the positive remarks LGR mentions during almost each review seem to go to deaf ears. What ever that reason may be, huh.

Anyway, while other packs have been more to my taste of "realism" this adventure pack makes me very exited!
Field Researcher
#2105 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 9:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hiabara
New map icon:

They'll show the temple next week.

Do not show the temple! Let this remain a secret for us.
Mad Poster
#2106 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 10:05 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 15th Feb 2018 at 10:18 PM. Reason: pointless apostrophe removed
Also, those gurus were fun... not like the rest of the pewdiepie-wannabes working there. Throw in SimGuruEmory and you have three best stream's commentators.

Quote: Originally posted by PuffyAmi
And for some reason the positive remarks LGR mentions during almost each review seem to go to deaf ears. What ever that reason may be, huh.

Perhaps they don't like somebody's pessimistic comments on their favorite game rub into their skin while it's not personal, so it must be hate by default (according to by those offended).
Mad Poster
#2107 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 10:17 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 15th Feb 2018 at 10:17 PM. Reason: ew double post
*merged*
dodgy builder
#2108 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 12:43 AM
The stream on Youtube.

Lab Assistant
#2109 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 1:00 AM
I'm pleasantly surprised. I like that they've spaced out the lots this time, it makes the place feel bigger. The layout is much more interesting than Forgotten Hollow.
dodgy builder
#2110 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 1:31 AM
I agree, I'm wondering about the adventures, it's usually not my thing, but some of the locations might be nice, and there's a field there with grown plants, I wonder what they are. They had some Avocado.
Scholar
#2111 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 2:46 AM
One thing I appreciate is the way they integrated skills into the exploration. Certain outcomes are more likely when you have higher levels of certain skills. Also in the live stream they were hinting at an update with improvements for OR aswell as base game, which is more than I hoped for.

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2112 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 3:24 AM
That reminds me, I almost lot into when they made a toddler bet and they didn’t say they update tents for them. I was going to be all “so, when it rains and we’re camping, the baby is supposed to get sick?”

Thankfully, toddlers can use them. However, I can’t imagine little toddler adventures.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Mad Poster
#2113 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 3:40 AM
Scholar
#2114 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 4:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
That reminds me, I almost lot into when they made a toddler bet and they didn’t say they update tents for them. I was going to be all “so, when it rains and we’re camping, the baby is supposed to get sick?”

Thankfully, toddlers can use them. However, I can’t imagine little toddler adventures.

I'm not sure if that's what you meant(some weird symbols comes up for me in your post), but they did mention they were updating tents so toddlers can use them aswell.

Simblr
Lab Assistant
#2115 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 5:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
I agree, I'm wondering about the adventures, it's usually not my thing, but some of the locations might be nice, and there's a field there with grown plants, I wonder what they are. They had some Avocado.

I'm a huge classic Tomb Raider fan. This is right up my alley.
Quote: Originally posted by Apsalar
One thing I appreciate is the way they integrated skills into the exploration. Certain outcomes are more likely when you have higher levels of certain skills. Also in the live stream they were hinting at an update with improvements for OR aswell as base game, which is more than I hoped for.

Wow! That's really cool. The GP team is the best at making everything cohesive. Especially with previous packs.
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
good overview:
https://simsvip.com/2018/02/15/sims...-info-qa-recap/

Thanks for that! I'll have to read this tomorrow because I haven't had time to watch the stream. Well... I usually don't watch the streams anyway.
Mad Poster
#2116 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 8:15 AM
I never watch the streams so that overview is nice to read instead IMO. It covers a lot.
Mad Poster
#2118 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 12:03 PM
I'm not sure if that's what you meant(some weird symbols comes up for me in your post), but they did mention they were updating tents so toddlers can use them aswell.

Probably this forum dislikes apostrophe. I only found out about the portable toddler beds, which they showed off in the stream and announced it will be patched to the base game upon pre-release, which you can pack to Granite Falls or Salvadorada.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2119 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 12:15 PM

I said that in the last paragraph.

Mad Poster
#2120 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 12:32 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 16th Feb 2018 at 10:05 PM. Reason: ew my english
This might be another third pack with meaning and long-thirdterm gameplay, followed by vampires and parenthood. *Sigh* If only expansion pack team merged with them.
Scholar
#2121 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 12:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
I said that in the last paragraph.

Oh okay. I wasn't sure. Well, good!

Simblr
Lab Assistant
#2122 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 5:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
I never watch the streams so that overview is nice to read instead IMO. It covers a lot.

Agreed.
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
This might be another third pack with meaning and long-third gameplay, followed by vampires and parenthood. *Sigh* If only expansion pack team merged with them.

IKR! They never should have split them this way. Imagine the packs if we only had two teams! EP's & SP's would be a lot better. Well maybe not as much for the Stuff Packs, but definitely the Expansions.
Mad Poster
#2123 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 8:31 PM
The Map/World seems to receive good reviews. Some pointed out it has less/no backdrops and is consistent with the layout between districts/neighborhoods. And of course, has more lots and is larger.
Scholar
#2124 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 8:50 PM
I didn't watch all of the stream, but I read the recap that was posted on SimsVIP, and I'm pretty impressed so far.

I love collecting, so I'm really excited about the new collections. And gem cutting! I think this pack will make a good change of pace from my normal gameplay, which tends to be family-oriented. I'm a pretty squeamish person in real life, but I've always been fascinated by archaeology and love watching shows about it, and one my favorite mystery series features a female archaeologist, so I'm already thinking up a Sim to make as an explorer.

I just wish we could live in the new world! I miss being able to buy vacation homes like we could in Sims 3. Maybe someday they'll patch that in. I'm glad they're adding the ability for toddler's to use tents, and the portable bed is a cute idea, but I can't see myself sending a family on a jungle adventure. But that's just me.

I also really, really love the Build and Buy objects I've seen. One of my favorite builders on Tumblr, Jenba, has been working on a world makeover of Oasis Springs, so I'm excited to see what she does with the new pack objects. I like Mission-style furniture and what we're getting with the pack seems much nicer than what shipped with the Base Game. I just hope the gameplay isn't too buggy right off. The Laundry Day gameplay seemed okay at first, but then the bugs started slowly presenting themselves, but I'm trying to stay optimistic.

I just hope they fix the yard sale tables from City Living in the upcoming patch, seeing as there is a variation of them included in the pack. I really miss using those.

So, I'm cautiously optimistic, and looking forward to trying out exploring.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2125 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 12:43 AM
Something readily obvious to me about the mission style furniture was that it likely doesn’t match the existing Spanish furniture in the game. They put the high chair tot he table and it was a complete different color.

Page 85 of 185