Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#2126 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 5:25 AM Last edited by aparkison : 17th Feb 2018 at 2:36 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
Something readily obvious to me about the mission style furniture was that it likely doesn’t match the existing Spanish furniture in the game. They put the high chair tot he table and it was a complete different color.

I've come to accept that Maxis has a serious problem with continuity in regards to color palettes. It's one of the main reasons I'll never be able to totally give up custom content, because it's the custom content creators who fix this sort of problem. It seems like Maxis thinks a new color palette is needed any more every time a new pack comes out. I'm grateful they've toned down the colors being used, but I wish they would have more continuity with wood tones.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2127 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 11:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aparkison
I've come to accept that Maxis has a serious problem with continuity in regards to color palettes. It's one of the main reasons I'll never be able to totally give up custom content, because it's the custom content creators who fix this sort of problem. It seems like Maxis thinks a new color palette is needed any more every time a new pack comes out. I'm grateful they've toned the colors being used, but I wish they would have more continuity with wood tones.

That drives me up a wall - you would think that you could have matching wood for windows and doors, but no. And then you add rails to the stairs on the porch, and they don't match the door or the window. Even when we had the colour wheel, it could be tricky - the base textures sometimes made it difficult to match two items. And sometimes, the parts that were connected didn't make sense - the cribs had the mattress connected to the rails (or something like that - it's been a while since I played the older versions), so if you wanted your crib to say, have a blond wood tone, the only way you could do it was to either have mismatched rails or a mattress with a wood tone.
Scholar
#2128 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 2:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by invisiblgirl
That drives me up a wall - you would think that you could have matching wood for windows and doors, but no. And then you add rails to the stairs on the porch, and they don't match the door or the window. Even when we had the colour wheel, it could be tricky - the base textures sometimes made it difficult to match two items. And sometimes, the parts that were connected didn't make sense - the cribs had the mattress connected to the rails (or something like that - it's been a while since I played the older versions), so if you wanted your crib to say, have a blond wood tone, the only way you could do it was to either have mismatched rails or a mattress with a wood tone.

Yep. I agree. I know in real life most people don't have all matching wood tones on their furniture, plus it can be hard to match dye lots in fabric and wallpaper, so I can accept some irregularity, but Maxis does tend to go a bit overboard with all new palettes each pack lately. I think they should at least carry over the Base Game wood tones and then maybe add on a few new ones here and there, not a new palette each time.

I'm glad there are some creators who try to remedy this, because I'm not a fan of wood tones that are not Maxis match, because they stick out like a sore thumb next to Maxis woods. I love Peacemaker-ic's stuff, but for me his wood tones don't look right when paired with Maxis furniture. That's why I primarily only use his upholstered pieces, because I like things to blend in.

I still love the furniture we've gotten in packs lately, because most of it has been a lot more practical than much of what shipped with the Base Game, and I like everything I saw in the bits of the stream I watched for Jungle Adventure and the screenshots I've looked at.
Mad Poster
#2129 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 10:18 PM
And I find it really generous coming from gurus for adding portable toddler beds. Even more so for a BASE GAME patch, so kudos!
Scholar
#2131 Old 18th Feb 2018 at 1:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Unsearchably
With the amount of stuff still missing from the game, "generous" is hardly the word I'd use. Especially since that bed is only of any use if you have one of the two paid vacation packs.

Yeah, I'm not giving the devs mad props for doing their job by completing and improving the game as they should, but I definitely appreciate it regardless, since we've gotten used to the opposite. It's something at least.
Keep it up, gurus.

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Forum Resident
#2132 Old 18th Feb 2018 at 4:37 AM
Can't speak for everyone, but I'm not particularly excited about this one. It might be my impatience over the release of Seasons talking, but I feel like we probably could have done without World Adventures part 2, or at least save it for one of the very last packs.

The simmer formerly known as Averex
My Claim to Fame
Field Researcher
#2133 Old 18th Feb 2018 at 5:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Averex
Can't speak for everyone, but I'm not particularly excited about this one. It might be my impatience over the release of Seasons talking, but I feel like we probably could have done without World Adventures part 2, or at least save it for one of the very last packs.

I'm with you give me seasons then MAYBE a World Adventures 2, or what ever it's supposed to be.
Scholar
#2134 Old 18th Feb 2018 at 5:23 AM
One thing I dislike about the vacation is inviting a NPC along, the way the game works, they have no interest at all being there, don't want to do much anything at all (but maybe Horseshoes game its nearby), I later invited my NPC sim, to another lot in GF, then returned back to Lodging leaving him behind, only later to eventually find out he had gone home, so you really got to keep an eye on them.

Hopefully this time round, this gets somehow improved.
Scholar
#2135 Old 18th Feb 2018 at 5:48 AM

I'm kinda hesitant about Seasons, since it's probably gonna be an expansion and they're bound to screw that up somehow. You just know something will go horribly wrong in the development, really bad decisions will be made, and everyone will be disappointed.

Simblr
Scholar
#2136 Old 18th Feb 2018 at 6:07 AM
From the perspective of the backdrop graphics as they are now, I'm expecting the weather effects would look very nice and best to date, but as for gameplay, well that's a different story...
Mad Poster
#2137 Old 18th Feb 2018 at 12:17 PM
With the amount of stuff still missing from the game, "generous" is hardly the word I'd use. Especially since that bed is only of any use if you have one of the two paid vacation packs.

You could still bring that bed to any local lot of yours without having to spend simoleans and get refunded with depreciation. So no, it's not only for vocation packs.
Mad Poster
#2139 Old 18th Feb 2018 at 4:03 PM
Why?

Because you can. Situational for really practical usage, but still generous act. Would have charged it for that to be exclusive to the pact, so kind of disappointing would for those who purchased OR, which yes is a glorified stuff pack than anything else, would realize how strangely they can't camp with their toddlers on vacation.
Forum Resident
#2140 Old 18th Feb 2018 at 8:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Apsalar
I'm kinda hesitant about Seasons, since it's probably gonna be an expansion and they're bound to screw that up somehow. You just know something will go horribly wrong in the development, really bad decisions will be made, and everyone will be disappointed.

Let me have my unwarranted optimism while I can

My Claim to Fame
Scholar
#2141 Old 18th Feb 2018 at 8:56 PM
Let me have my unwarranted optimism while I can

Sure, I'm not in a position to stop you. I have a corner of my brain dedicated to unwarranted optimism aswell.

Simblr
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2142 Old 18th Feb 2018 at 9:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Apsalar

I keep asking myself what fundamental gameplay additions they could possibly add that are new.

TS1 (what little there was of weather in Vacation) offered up different vacation activities depending on the part of the island you visit.
TS2 was the first seasons pack, offering up changes to how Sims interact with their worlds based on the season active.
TS3 was great with the inclusion of holidays and festivals/lots that changed based on the season (which players could freely customize themselves).

For TS4, what new gameplay can they add that we didn't have previously?

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Forum Resident
#2143 Old 18th Feb 2018 at 10:54 PM
I keep asking myself what fundamental gameplay additions they could possibly add that are new.

TS1 (what little there was of weather in Vacation) offered up different vacation activities depending on the part of the island you visit.
TS2 was the first seasons pack, offering up changes to how Sims interact with their worlds based on the season active.
TS3 was great with the inclusion of holidays and festivals/lots that changed based on the season (which players could freely customize themselves).

At this point it would already be nice if they just kept the old interactions because I'm like 90% sure they'll cut out stuff or split it into multiple packs. I actually do think they'll add seasonal festivals because they could be pretty much like the festivals from City Living with the same food booths we have in San Myshuno and the new adventure pack. And then we might get one or two new gameplay objects per festival and I can imagine that this will already be the biggest part/feature of the EP. I just wish they would be more creative and not cut all the content down, even though you pay 40 bucks and it's not even half of the content previous packs with the same theme had
Scholar
#2144 Old 18th Feb 2018 at 11:31 PM

Honestly they could do SO much with it. Seasons and more importantly weather and temperature, could be an integral part of the sim worlds, and even be like a sim itself, maybe even personified in 4 different npc sims that represent each season. There's enough folk lore to go around for ideas. I just want actual temperatures in sims, and have clothing relate and effect how sims feel that temperature. I want all clothing to have a value that dictates that, and have an outerwear category that can go OVER the regular outfits, just like real outwear. I want things to freeze and melt, to have different sounds and insects change over the seasons. I want hot dusty days, and wet peaceful rainy days. I want it all.

Simblr
Alchemist
#2145 Old 18th Feb 2018 at 11:37 PM
Well, The Sims 4 took us to work.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2146 Old 19th Feb 2018 at 1:09 AM
Then what was Ambitons?

“But, Matrix54, Get To Work has actual careers!”

Total disrespect to Firefighters, Stylists, Private Investigators, Artists... I could go on.

Forum Resident
#2147 Old 19th Feb 2018 at 2:18 AM

What about natural disasters? We haven't really seen any of those beyond lightning occasionally setting a house or tree on fire. And the type and frequency of natural disasters could be different for each world. Although that would probably require too much effort on the devs part

My Claim to Fame
Forum Resident
#2148 Old 19th Feb 2018 at 12:27 PM
What about natural disasters? We haven't really seen any of those beyond lightning occasionally setting a house or tree on fire. And the type and frequency of natural disasters could be different for each world. Although that would probably require too much effort on the devs part
I absolutely love that idea :lovestruc I'm still upset that I have never had a meteor strike in TS3 even though I put hundreds of hours into that game
Other things could be snow storms (even more snow and you can't leave your lot and school/work is canceled), droughts (your pool is empty, you can't fish, Sims need to actually drink to get rid of a thirsty debuff), tornadoes (some of your outdoor decorations get destroyed) etc.
But if we really are honest here then we all know they won't add this. It seems like "too much work" for TS4 and we don't even have burglars or three-legged animals because it would be too "dark and depressing", so unfortunately I hardly doubt we'll get more than the typical sunshine, rain, snow, thunderstorm.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2149 Old 19th Feb 2018 at 12:27 PM
That could’ve worked in TS3, due to the open world, but not TS4, unless they take the easy way out.

Like, earthquakes in City Living. The screen shakes and nothing happens. Useless.

Mad Poster
#2150 Old 19th Feb 2018 at 3:13 PM
Earthquakes we're more dangerious/threating in TS3 console as a karma power. It broke plumbing and caused fires to erupt from ovens. In this iteration, it's no biggy in happy villy valley.
Page 86 of 185