Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
3 people viewing

Keysmash

There are also 2 guests viewing too.

Latest Site News

Wanderlust, a new Sims 2 building contest - posted on 3rd Feb 2018 at 3:19 AM
Replies: 2199 (Who?), Viewed: 127483 times.
Page 88 of 88
Test Subject
#2176 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 6:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volvenom
I agree, I'm wondering about the adventures, it's usually not my thing, but some of the locations might be nice, and there's a field there with grown plants, I wonder what they are. They had some Avocado.

I'm a huge classic Tomb Raider fan. This is right up my alley.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apsalar
One thing I appreciate is the way they integrated skills into the exploration. Certain outcomes are more likely when you have higher levels of certain skills. Also in the live stream they were hinting at an update with improvements for OR aswell as base game, which is more than I hoped for.

Wow! That's really cool. The GP team is the best at making everything cohesive. Especially with previous packs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by daisylee

Thanks for that! I'll have to read this tomorrow because I haven't had time to watch the stream. Well... I usually don't watch the streams anyway.
Scholar
#2177 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 9:15 AM
I never watch the streams so that overview is nice to read instead IMO. It covers a lot.
Test Subject
#2178 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lil bag2

thank y
Top Secret Researcher
#2179 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 1:03 PM
Quote:
I'm not sure if that's what you meant(some weird symbols comes up for me in your post), but they did mention they were updating tents so toddlers can use them aswell.

Probably this forum dislikes apostrophe. I only found out about the portable toddler beds, which they showed off in the stream and announced it will be patched to the base game upon pre-release, which you can pack to Granite Falls or Salvadorada.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2180 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 1:15 PM
Quote:
I'm not sure if that's what you meant(some weird symbols comes up for me in your post), but they did mention they were updating tents so toddlers can use them aswell.

I said that in the last paragraph.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Top Secret Researcher
#2181 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 1:32 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 16th Feb 2018 at 11:05 PM. Reason: ew my english
This might be another third pack with meaning and long-thirdterm gameplay, followed by vampires and parenthood. *Sigh* If only expansion pack team merged with them.
Inventor
#2182 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 1:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix54
I said that in the last paragraph.

Oh okay. I wasn't sure. Well, good!

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Test Subject
#2183 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 6:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daisylee
I never watch the streams so that overview is nice to read instead IMO. It covers a lot.

Agreed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
This might be another third pack with meaning and long-third gameplay, followed by vampires and parenthood. *Sigh* If only expansion pack team merged with them.

IKR! They never should have split them this way. Imagine the packs if we only had two teams! EP's & SP's would be a lot better. Well maybe not as much for the Stuff Packs, but definitely the Expansions.
Top Secret Researcher
#2184 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 9:31 PM
The Map/World seems to receive good reviews. Some pointed out it has less/no backdrops and is consistent with the layout between districts/neighborhoods. And of course, has more lots and is larger.
Scholar
#2185 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 9:50 PM
I didn't watch all of the stream, but I read the recap that was posted on SimsVIP, and I'm pretty impressed so far.

I love collecting, so I'm really excited about the new collections. And gem cutting! I think this pack will make a good change of pace from my normal gameplay, which tends to be family-oriented. I'm a pretty squeamish person in real life, but I've always been fascinated by archaeology and love watching shows about it, and one my favorite mystery series features a female archaeologist, so I'm already thinking up a Sim to make as an explorer.

I just wish we could live in the new world! I miss being able to buy vacation homes like we could in Sims 3. Maybe someday they'll patch that in. I'm glad they're adding the ability for toddler's to use tents, and the portable bed is a cute idea, but I can't see myself sending a family on a jungle adventure. But that's just me.

I also really, really love the Build and Buy objects I've seen. One of my favorite builders on Tumblr, Jenba, has been working on a world makeover of Oasis Springs, so I'm excited to see what she does with the new pack objects. I like Mission-style furniture and what we're getting with the pack seems much nicer than what shipped with the Base Game. I just hope the gameplay isn't too buggy right off. The Laundry Day gameplay seemed okay at first, but then the bugs started slowly presenting themselves, but I'm trying to stay optimistic.

I just hope they fix the yard sale tables from City Living in the upcoming patch, seeing as there is a variation of them included in the pack. I really miss using those.

So, I'm cautiously optimistic, and looking forward to trying out exploring.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2186 Old Yesterday at 1:43 AM
Something readily obvious to me about the mission style furniture was that it likely doesn’t match the existing Spanish furniture in the game. They put the high chair tot he table and it was a complete different color.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Scholar
#2187 Old Yesterday at 6:25 AM Last edited by aparkison : Yesterday at 3:36 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix54
Something readily obvious to me about the mission style furniture was that it likely doesn’t match the existing Spanish furniture in the game. They put the high chair tot he table and it was a complete different color.

I've come to accept that Maxis has a serious problem with continuity in regards to color palettes. It's one of the main reasons I'll never be able to totally give up custom content, because it's the custom content creators who fix this sort of problem. It seems like Maxis thinks a new color palette is needed any more every time a new pack comes out. I'm grateful they've toned down the colors being used, but I wish they would have more continuity with wood tones.
Lab Assistant
#2188 Old Yesterday at 12:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aparkison
I've come to accept that Maxis has a serious problem with continuity in regards to color palettes. It's one of the main reasons I'll never be able to totally give up custom content, because it's the custom content creators who fix this sort of problem. It seems like Maxis thinks a new color palette is needed any more every time a new pack comes out. I'm grateful they've toned the colors being used, but I wish they would have more continuity with wood tones.

That drives me up a wall - you would think that you could have matching wood for windows and doors, but no. And then you add rails to the stairs on the porch, and they don't match the door or the window. Even when we had the colour wheel, it could be tricky - the base textures sometimes made it difficult to match two items. And sometimes, the parts that were connected didn't make sense - the cribs had the mattress connected to the rails (or something like that - it's been a while since I played the older versions), so if you wanted your crib to say, have a blond wood tone, the only way you could do it was to either have mismatched rails or a mattress with a wood tone.
Scholar
#2189 Old Yesterday at 3:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by invisiblgirl
That drives me up a wall - you would think that you could have matching wood for windows and doors, but no. And then you add rails to the stairs on the porch, and they don't match the door or the window. Even when we had the colour wheel, it could be tricky - the base textures sometimes made it difficult to match two items. And sometimes, the parts that were connected didn't make sense - the cribs had the mattress connected to the rails (or something like that - it's been a while since I played the older versions), so if you wanted your crib to say, have a blond wood tone, the only way you could do it was to either have mismatched rails or a mattress with a wood tone.

Yep. I agree. I know in real life most people don't have all matching wood tones on their furniture, plus it can be hard to match dye lots in fabric and wallpaper, so I can accept some irregularity, but Maxis does tend to go a bit overboard with all new palettes each pack lately. I think they should at least carry over the Base Game wood tones and then maybe add on a few new ones here and there, not a new palette each time.

I'm glad there are some creators who try to remedy this, because I'm not a fan of wood tones that are not Maxis match, because they stick out like a sore thumb next to Maxis woods. I love Peacemaker-ic's stuff, but for me his wood tones don't look right when paired with Maxis furniture. That's why I primarily only use his upholstered pieces, because I like things to blend in.

I still love the furniture we've gotten in packs lately, because most of it has been a lot more practical than much of what shipped with the Base Game, and I like everything I saw in the bits of the stream I watched for Jungle Adventure and the screenshots I've looked at.
Top Secret Researcher
#2190 Old Yesterday at 11:18 PM
And I find it really generous coming from gurus for adding portable toddler beds. Even more so for a BASE GAME patch, so kudos!
Test Subject
#2191 Old Today at 1:35 AM
Quote:
And I find it really generous coming from gurus for adding portable toddler beds. Even more so for a BASE GAME patch, so kudos!

With the amount of stuff still missing from the game, "generous" is hardly the word I'd use. Especially since that bed is only of any use if you have one of the two paid vacation packs.
Inventor
#2192 Old Today at 2:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsearchably
With the amount of stuff still missing from the game, "generous" is hardly the word I'd use. Especially since that bed is only of any use if you have one of the two paid vacation packs.

Yeah, I'm not giving the devs mad props for doing their job by completing and improving the game as they should, but I definitely appreciate it regardless, since we've gotten used to the opposite. It's something at least.
Keep it up, gurus.

Simblr
Instructor
#2193 Old Today at 5:37 AM
Can't speak for everyone, but I'm not particularly excited about this one. It might be my impatience over the release of Seasons talking, but I feel like we probably could have done without World Adventures part 2, or at least save it for one of the very last packs.
Field Researcher
#2194 Old Today at 6:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Averex
Can't speak for everyone, but I'm not particularly excited about this one. It might be my impatience over the release of Seasons talking, but I feel like we probably could have done without World Adventures part 2, or at least save it for one of the very last packs.

I'm with you give me seasons then MAYBE a World Adventures 2, or what ever it's supposed to be.
Inventor
#2195 Old Today at 6:23 AM
One thing I dislike about the vacation is inviting a NPC along, the way the game works, they have no interest at all being there, don't want to do much anything at all (but maybe Horseshoes game its nearby), I later invited my NPC sim, to another lot in GF, then returned back to Lodging leaving him behind, only later to eventually find out he had gone home, so you really got to keep an eye on them.

Hopefully this time round, this gets somehow improved.
Inventor
#2196 Old Today at 6:48 AM
Quote:

I'm kinda hesitant about Seasons, since it's probably gonna be an expansion and they're bound to screw that up somehow. You just know something will go horribly wrong in the development, really bad decisions will be made, and everyone will be disappointed.

Simblr
Inventor
#2197 Old Today at 7:07 AM
From the perspective of the backdrop graphics as they are now, I'm expecting the weather effects would look very nice and best to date, but as for gameplay, well that's a different story...
Top Secret Researcher
#2198 Old Today at 1:17 PM
Quote:

You could still bring that bed to any local lot of yours without having to spend simoleans and get refunded with depreciation. So no, it's not only for vocation packs.
Test Subject
#2199 Old Today at 4:35 PM
Quote:

World Adventures was a good expansion imo. Easily the most content packed in the series... and the most buggy.

Game Packs offer no value though, this one doesn't seem to be the exception.

Quote:
You could still bring that bed to any local lot of yours

Why?
Top Secret Researcher
#2200 Old Today at 5:03 PM
Quote:
Why?

Because you can. Situational for really practical usage, but still generous act. Would have charged it for that to be exclusive to the pact, so kind of disappointing would for those who purchased OR, which yes is a glorified stuff pack than anything else, would realize how strangely they can't camp with their toddlers on vacation.
Page 88 of 88