Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Aug 2015 at 12:06 AM
Default Castaway Stories - Windows 10
I just got Castaway Stories for my PC today and I've always wanted it but it tells me that it's not compatible with Windows 10 while Life Stories works just fine and LS is a year older. Can someone help me?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 19th Aug 2015 at 7:12 AM
Have you tried running it in compatibility mode for an older Windows version? Also, make sure you're running it as an administrator.
Test Subject
#3 Old 9th Sep 2015 at 6:13 PM
It works great for me.. Try editing Graphics Rules from Tsdata/res/config
Test Subject
#4 Old 7th Aug 2017 at 6:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sakira1993
It works great for me.. Try editing Graphics Rules from Tsdata/res/config

how do you do that exactly? I'm having the same issue as well.

"While you were busy judging others, you left your closet open and your skeletons fell out."
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 10th Aug 2017 at 12:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lovesbela
how do you do that exactly? I'm having the same issue as well.
It's definitely compatible with W10, I have no issues running it on a W10 laptop.

By the way we have a forum for the Stories games here.

I don't know how Graphic Rules could fix your issue, but here is mine in case you want to replace your actual GR with mine and try it, or just compare them. I might have modified stuff in there, I can't remember.

Make a copy your original Graphics Rules.sgr and put it somewhere safe, and copy-taste what's under the spoiler tag in your GR.sgr.

Additionally, here's an explanation of how I modified my GR.sgr and my Video Cards.sgr to get the original game to behave with W10. It was a different issue, poor graphics and low resolution, but it might be of use:
https://simlili.tumblr.com/post/146373494212
Scholar
#6 Old 10th Aug 2017 at 3:06 PM
It works great for me too.

Paladins/SimWardrobes downloads: https://simfileshare.net/folder/87849/