Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Jan 2018 at 5:22 PM
Default Can't place downloaded lots
I have a problem with placing downloaded lots. It shows in my library and when i try to place it, i don't get the waiting screen and the lot remains empty. Does anyone know why this happens?

I have 2 houses I downloaded a while back and they can be placed in a world ( Houses from maxis can be placed as well). The houses I downloaded today seem to be the problem. Don't know why this happens
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 26th Jan 2018 at 8:53 PM
If you download from world mode (where you are looking at the whole world and lots) this can happen. It is really annoying and one of two things will happen: either the lot will not look like it is there until you go into the lot, or it simply will not download at all (with a little red error box saying you don't own this item or some nonsense)

Have you tried placing the lot while you are in a specific lot? That should work - and you want to make sure your testingcheats on is typed and also bb.moveobjects on.

I hope this helps.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Jan 2018 at 10:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by chicvibe
If you download from world mode (where you are looking at the whole world and lots) this can happen. It is really annoying and one of two things will happen: either the lot will not look like it is there until you go into the lot, or it simply will not download at all (with a little red error box saying you don't own this item or some nonsense)

Have you tried placing the lot while you are in a specific lot? That should work - and you want to make sure your testingcheats on is typed and also bb.moveobjects on.

I hope this helps.

I have tried to place lot from world mode and also when I'm in a specific lot. Tried with the cheats on.. and still nothing. I don't get an red error box. I don't get any errors at all.
After i click on the house that I want to place in a world, I get the option to put the lot with or without furniture, then the message 'applying this will replace the lot corrently...'
I click OK, and I should be getting a 'loading'/'waiting' screen but that doesn't happen. The lot remains empty.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 27th Jan 2018 at 7:13 PM
Have you tried asking at the sims.com forums? I am sorry that I wasn't able to help you - I have spent just as many hours going through content and trying to build worlds as I actually get to play. Maybe someone else has some ideas.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th Jan 2018 at 8:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by chicvibe
Have you tried asking at the sims.com forums? I am sorry that I wasn't able to help you - I have spent just as many hours going through content and trying to build worlds as I actually get to play. Maybe someone else has some ideas.

I will try that
Thank you for taking the time to try to help me!! ^^