Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jan 2012 at 6:20 AM Last edited by Jasumi : 24th Feb 2012 at 3:19 AM.
Default (Solved) No Overlay Texture on Accesory
For some strange reason, the overlay on these wheels isn't working. The wheels are supposed to be textured. I can change the color and all that (using CAST), but in-game the default texture is white o_o

Help is greatly appreciated.

Solution:
For some reason, I had to save the file as a DXT1.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 29th Jan 2012 at 12:36 AM
I don't understand your question. Is it about the wheels of the skateboard or the shoes? In your pic the shoes are circled. Also if an overlay is applied to a part of something you shouldn't be able to change the color of it.
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Jan 2012 at 5:28 AM
Oh, nevermind that, it's just the only pic I have of the accessory.

Quote:
Also if an overlay is applied to a part of something you shouldn't be able to change the color of it.

My exact problem. For some reason, I can change the color of the wheels. The game is completely ignoring the overlay map. Never had this problem before, only happens with this mesh :/
Forum Resident
#4 Old 29th Jan 2012 at 6:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Jasumi
Oh, nevermind that, it's just the only pic I have of the accessory.

My exact problem. For some reason, I can change the color of the wheels. The game is completely ignoring the overlay map. Never had this problem before, only happens with this mesh :/

Are you 100% certain you have the correct location of the wheels on the UV map? Or maybe is the object still referencing an empty overlay in the xml?
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#5 Old 29th Jan 2012 at 10:56 AM
And have you double-checked the overlay's alpha to make sure it's white in the right places?
It might help to attach the overlay texture so we can have a look.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Scholar
Original Poster
#6 Old 30th Jan 2012 at 4:58 AM Last edited by Jasumi : 30th Jan 2012 at 5:09 AM.
Good idea, whiterider. I'm becoming extremely frustrated, here is a .dds file...
Attached files:
File Type: zip  P1.zip (317.5 KB, 13 downloads) - View custom content
Forum Resident
#7 Old 30th Jan 2012 at 5:04 AM
Did you link the right file? It's a png.
Scholar
Original Poster
#8 Old 30th Jan 2012 at 5:09 AM
Woops, thanks for reminding me. Fixed.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#9 Old 30th Jan 2012 at 11:07 AM
Well, now I am confused! The wheels are a separate mesh group?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Scholar
Original Poster
#10 Old 30th Jan 2012 at 4:19 PM
Yes, they are.